PDA

View Full Version : Steele owning Stephanopolis about bailout.

Sandra
02-08-2009, 02:13 PM
watch the video!

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Steele_Government_construction_jobs_dont_count_020 8.html

speciallyblend
02-08-2009, 02:18 PM
The same Steele that owned Ron Paul every chance he got. I have 0 faith and trust in steele. Everything this man says is crap. Steele=No Credibility. I did hear this rumor that hispanics and blacks and illegal aliens are flocking to the gop now because of steele:rolleyes:

Sean
02-08-2009, 02:26 PM
The same Steele that owned Ron Paul every chance he got. I have 0 faith and trust in steele. Everything this man says is crap. Steele=No Credibility. I did hear this rumor that hispanics and blacks and illegal aliens are flocking to the gop now because of steele:rolleyes:

I am going to say that 98% of the US population has no clue who Steele is.

angelatc
02-08-2009, 02:29 PM

Steele was the only candidate on the stage that was on record as being against the bailout. That was my litmus test.

angelatc
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
How can anybody, except a writer for "The Onion," write a paragraph like this?

As Newsweek argues, however -- responding to comments by Steele, among others -- "Borrowing and spending are pretty much how the government has pulled itself out of every modern recession. ... In a period when Americans are losing jobs at a furious clip, when the economy is shrinking rapidly, when monetary policy is near exhaustion, and when tax cuts aren't likely to work as they do in ordinary times, the highest priority is simply to stop the downward spiral."

eOs
02-08-2009, 02:34 PM
::waves the change wand::

Oh look, the GOP is good now guys. He's black and against the bailouts. Wow, I can't wait to campaign for them in the upcoming years!

angelatc
02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
::waves the change wand::

Oh look, the GOP is good now guys. He's black and against the bailouts. Wow, I can't wait to campaign for them in the upcoming years!

Ron Paul thinks the best plan is to work within the party. I think he is a smart man. I was a Republican when I got here. It is my party and I want it back.

Kotin
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM

+1!

Steele is a Neocon shill to the core..

what with every Neocon and their mother suddenly rediscovering their principles, this means nothing except that he is just like McCain and Rush and all the rest

New York For Paul
02-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Here are some choice Steele quotes. He sounds very similiar to what Ron Paul had to say.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/24/AR2006072400953.html

On the Iraq war: "It didn't work. . . . We didn't prepare for the peace."

On the response to Hurricane Katrina: "A monumental failure of government."

"We've lost our way, we've gone to the well and we drank the water, and we shouldn't have," he said of congressional Republicans. "You don't go to Congress to become the party that you've been fighting for 40 years." Lamenting "the spending, the finger-pointing, not getting the bills passed," he counseled: "Just shut up and get something done."

He seemed less agitated by the policy failure than by Bush's unwillingness to admit failure.

The response to Katrina was "a monumental failure," he continued. "We became so powerful in our ivory towers, in our gated communities. We forgot that there are poor people." The detachment remained after the storm, he said. "I could see that they weren't getting it, they weren't necessarily clued in. . . . For me, the seminal moment was the [Dubai] port decision."

the candidate hit Bush from the right, such as when he opposed Bush's proposed guest-worker program for immigrants. "Republicans aren't very happy people right now," he argued. "The base is kind of ticked off."

"For me to pretend I'm not a Republican would be a lie," he reasoned. But to run as a proud Republican? "That's going to be tough, it's going to be tough to do," he said.

Looks like Steele echoed many of the same complaints Ron Paul just issued in the last two days.

Steele made these comments back in 2006 when such comments get you in trouble with the president of the Republican Party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/24/AR2006072400953.html

tnvoter
02-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Steele was on Fox News bashing Ron Paul everytime they gave him the chance.

He might be a decent guy, but he's a politician, and I'm not giving him a dime and I don't forget his words easily.

Athan
02-09-2009, 12:18 AM

He might be a decent guy, but he's a politician, and I'm not giving him a dime and I don't forget his words easily.

+1 for the win

captainelectron
02-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I had to sit through a Steele speech, and he was spouting a pure neocon line. I hope he has changed, but color me skeptical.

Sandra
02-09-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm thinking he saw the results of neocon policy right up to the bailout. Now he appears to be doing an about face.

Peace&Freedom
02-09-2009, 08:22 AM
The GOP leaders will be trying to talk a good conservative game through this cycle. As a LRC columnist put it, "when the Democrats have total power, Republicans put on their cloaking devices and sound like principled limited government advocates." Forget all about that explosion of spending under Bush, forget about how they demanded the rank and file stay in total sync with the White House line. They're radicals now, I tell you, real radicals!

Republicans have been totally out of power twice in the last 30 years (under Carter, and at the start of the Clinton era), but both times climbed back into power within four years by talking the good rap about really being pro-liberty and for the free market. They know the formula for success involves saying all the right things, demonizing the Democrats and stating a vague alternative. So this is the third great reboot of the GOP conservative revolution. Once back in charge, unless Paul, Johnson or other liberty candidate is the President, it'll go right back to sameo sameo spending, more war, and walk in lockstep mode.

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Ron Paul thinks the best plan is to work within the party. I think he is a smart man. I was a Republican when I got here. It is my party and I want it back.

well i disagree with Ron Paul. You can not make deals with the devil and expect good things. The gop is useless until we rid the party of the devils,maybe in 8-20 yrs!!!

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
the gop leaders will be trying to talk a good conservative game through this cycle. As a lrc columnist put it, "when the democrats have total power, republicans put on their cloaking devices and sound like principled limited government advocates." forget all about that explosion of spending under bush, forget about how they demanded the rank and file stay in total sync with the white house line. They're radicals now, i tell you, real radicals!

Republicans have been totally out of power twice in the last 30 years (under carter, and at the start of the clinton era), but both times climbed back into power within four years by talking the good rap about really being pro-liberty and for the free market. They know the formula for success involves saying all the right things, demonizing the democrats and stating a vague alternative. So this is the third great reboot of the gop conservative revolution. Once back in charge, unless paul, johnson or other liberty candidate is the president, it'll go right back to sameo sameo spending, more war, and walk in lockstep mode.

hit the nail on the head!!!!!!

speciallyblend
02-09-2009, 08:27 AM

NEVER FORGET;)

Steele is cream of the scum of the gop!!!

Sandra
02-09-2009, 08:30 AM
But HE'S RIGHT ON about the BAILOUT. That was the thread title.

HOLLYWOOD
02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Who said them first? Thought so. It's easy to jump on the band wagon of what is right and popular.

I haven't seen Michael Steele pioneer anything but his natrually born race as an "issue" of his new job by the Media.

Did you notice the typical, weekly, Liberal Democratic Bias'd crap by George Stephanopolis about Steele's sisters expense reimburstments?

Of all the problems, the closer is spent 5 minutes on garbage that has truly no standing. Can you say ABC/Liberal setup? Steele bit on it and wasted 5 minutes of a finale rebuttal.

I am not impress with the inner circle clique groupie, Steele is a Gimmick laydened Plagiristic Pandering Annoitmentee Neocon. Buh Bye

Here are some choice Steele quotes. He sounds very similiar to what Ron Paul had to say.

On the Iraq war: "It didn't work. . . . We didn't prepare for the peace."

On the response to Hurricane Katrina: "A monumental failure of government."

"We've lost our way, we've gone to the well and we drank the water, and we shouldn't have," he said of congressional Republicans. "You don't go to Congress to become the party that you've been fighting for 40 years." Lamenting "the spending, the finger-pointing, not getting the bills passed," he counseled: "Just shut up and get something done."

He seemed less agitated by the policy failure than by Bush's unwillingness to admit failure.

The response to Katrina was "a monumental failure," he continued. "We became so powerful in our ivory towers, in our gated communities. We forgot that there are poor people." The detachment remained after the storm, he said. "I could see that they weren't getting it, they weren't necessarily clued in. . . . For me, the seminal moment was the [Dubai] port decision."

the candidate hit Bush from the right, such as when he opposed Bush's proposed guest-worker program for immigrants. "Republicans aren't very happy people right now," he argued. "The base is kind of ticked off."

"For me to pretend I'm not a Republican would be a lie," he reasoned. But to run as a proud Republican? "That's going to be tough, it's going to be tough to do," he said.

Looks like Steele echoed many of the same complaints Ron Paul just issued in the last two days.

Steele made these comments back in 2006 when such comments get you in trouble with the president of the Republican Party.

Sandra
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Who said them first? Thought so. It's easy to jump on the band wagon of what is right and popular.

I haven't seen Michael Steele pioneer anything but his natrually born race as an "issue" of his new job by the Media.

Did you notice the typical, weekly, Liberal Democratic Bias'd crap by George Stephanopolis about Steele's sisters expense reimburstments?

Of all the problems, the closer is spent 5 minutes on garbage that has truly no standing. Can you say ABC/Liberal setup? Steele bit on it and wasted 5 minutes of a finale rebuttal.

I am not impress with the inner circle clique groupie, Steele is a Gimmick laydened Plagiristic Pandering Annoitmentee Neocon. Buh Bye

:rolleyes:

Throughout the elections they only spewed neocon crap. They weren't hiding it.

Minlawc
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
How can anybody, except a writer for "The Onion," write a paragraph like this?

Yeah, how was that response pertinent to his argument? That's like saying, "Sometimes you just gotta say, 'What the f***, make your move.'" It's ridiculous.

Andrew Ryan
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
The same Steele that owned Ron Paul every chance he got. I have 0 faith and trust in steele. Everything this man says is crap. Steele=No Credibility.
I agree. :cool:

paulitics
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
The GOP leaders will be trying to talk a good conservative game through this cycle.

and that's as far as it will go.

Aratus
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
is steele positioned in such a way that he might either augment or impede sarah palin's 2012 run?
meethinks it seems that he knows that stephanopolis is deep down a hillary person, and is part of
the artful compromise between the two tweedledee and tweedledum wings of the democratic party.
in the past, anti-war activist democrats and prowar LBJ era hawks split the party down the middle...

georgiaboy
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
and that's as far as it will go.

Sadly, I'm afraid so. Notice how the stimulus passed the Senate by a squeaky 3 R votes.

The stimulus passed. R's did it.

Spew all the rhetoric you want about limited government. It's what you're doing, your actions, and what you vote for and against that I'm watching.

Never to be fooled again.

GOP, you will not get a 2010 bounce from me just because you're speaking the words.

You must act accordingly.

Kotin
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
But HE'S RIGHT ON about the BAILOUT. That was the thread title.

yeah so is John McCain and Lindsey Graham and all the house Republicans... I am sure they are new men as well..

omg we won.