PDA

View Full Version : Got a 'letter" from Ron Paul

njandrewg
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Digg @:
http://ronpauldaily.blogspot.com/2007/09/fundraising-letter-from-ron-paul.html

All handwritten(photocopied on a yellow legal size paper):

Envelope: Ron Paul, addreess and sentence: We are under attack!

Letter: Monday Morning 1 am
Dear Freind,
You and I have been through a lot together in the course of this short campaign. We've already fought some key battles, won some great victories, and weathered some rough storms. But the challenges ahead may be the toughest yet.

It is no secret that the elites and the political power-brokers do not want us to win this race. A victory in our part would ruin their plans. And they will do anything[underlined] to keep that from happening.

I don't need to tell you that our American way of life is under attack. We see it all around us-everyday-and its up to us to save it.

The world's elites are busy forming the North American Union. If they are successful as they were in forming the European Union, the good 'ol USA will only be a memory. We can't let that happen.

The UN also wants us to confiscate our firearms and impose a global tax. The UN elites want to control the world's oceans with the law of the sea treaty. And they want to use our military ot police the world.

Our right to own and use property is fading because bureacrats and special interests are abusing eminent domain.

Our right to educate our children as we choose is under assault. "No child left behind" is seeing to that. And our right to say no to forced mental screening of our school--aged children is nearly gone.

The elites gave us a national ID card. They also gave us the most misnamed ligeslation in history...the patriot act. And these same perople are pushing to give amnesty to illegal immigrants and ease our national borders.

Record government debt is putting a burden on our children and grand children that is shameful.

Yes, our American way of life is under attack. And its understandable that many are concerned, even discouraged about the kind of country our grandchildren will inherit.

But we must never[underlined] let discouragement become surrender.

One reason I am NOT discouraged is because I know I am not fighting this battle alone. Each day I head out onto the battlefield I know that you and thousands of other patriotic, [OVER]

freedom loving Americans are right beside me, standing brave and true for what is good and right.

I am writing you today to ask you to recommit yourself to this battle. I need your help now, more than ever, in the fight to save the country welove...for the people we love.

My wife Carol and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary early this year. We are proud parents of five children and 18 grand gran children. We love them very much, as I know you love your family.

As a US congressman, I always keep in mind the well-being of my fmaily and all the other familes throughout our country whne I cast a vote or introduce legislation. I also keep in mind that I have sworn a solemn oath to upholad and protect the Constitution.

For me upholding that oath is the first and best way to preserve and protect our beloved American way of life for future generations.

And now you know why I am running for president.

I ask for your help. Please send your maximum donation today to help me spread our message and to press the battle for liberty. You and I have come this far, and we must not grow weary from the battle..

Thank you dear friend, for all you mean to me and all you do for freedom.

Sincerly,
Ron

P.S. My campaign is in your hands. Please send your most generation gift today to help ne spread the message and to retake our nation from the elites who are working, to destoy our sovereignity. We cannot we must[underlined] not[underlined] allow this to happen!!!

SwanMaiden
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Coolness. Thank for typing that out and posting it up.

madcat033
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
uhhh... what the hell?

mavtek
09-13-2007, 05:48 PM
uhhh... what the hell?

Yea that was kinda my response when I got the letter, but hey I get it.

MadEmperor
09-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I recieved that letter too, surprised more people aren't talking about it.

honkywill
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I got mine today. :)

Joey Wahoo
09-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Are we sure that letter came from the campaign?

"The UN wants us to confiscate our firearms and impose a global tax" ??

Swmorgan77
09-13-2007, 06:23 PM

The UN has stated these objectives publicly. You may not think it is prudent to bring them up, or that it is a bad thing but it is well documented.

ctb619
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM

Sounds a little strange, but it's true....most of the bureaucrats in the UN and most of the member states want stricter controls on small arms and seek to pressure governments to enact more stringent gun laws...global taxes have been discussed for years, and the discussions have heated up with the recent global warming hysteria

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 06:28 PM
GREAT LETTER ,wheres mine sniffle,anyway I would make copies and send to friends and give to everybody.

Can some one put into a download link

Joey Wahoo
09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I just finished reading about this on the NRA website. I had never heard of this before.

Another very good reason to get out of the UN

But I really question the wisdom of including a statement like that in a fundraising letter that the media will get.

OURPLAN
09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
I got a letter too! :)

ButchHowdy
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
The penmanship looked a bit middleschoolish but then you know what they say about Doctor's handwriting!

Proemio
09-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Sounds a little strange, but it's true....most of the bureaucrats in the UN and most of the member states want stricter controls on small arms and seek to pressure governments to enact more stringent gun laws...global taxes have been discussed for years, and the discussions have heated up with the recent global warming hysteria

Yes.

This from January 2006

UN unveils plan to release untapped wealth of...$7 trillion (and solve the world's problems at a stroke) (http://news.independent.co.uk/world/politics/article341967.ece)

Note the word "untapped". Also note that the UN program was "... unveiled at a gathering of world business leaders at the Swiss ski resort of Davos..." not the UN.

It appears to be a calculation of the value of what is left of the shirts on our backs, and ways to get their hands on it.

It's high time to stop this insanity. Glad Dr. Paul shines the light on it...