brandon
02-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Alphonzo responds to libertarians. tones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61kZ2Oyljs

:p

This guys an idiot. None of his arguments make any sense,

tonesforjonesbones
02-07-2009, 08:11 PM
i am a social conservative. I am an advocate of the 10th amendment..leave those issues to the states and the people. A more immoral socity will do us some good? tones

Kludge
02-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Lmao... I liked his point on how libertarians (some conservatives too, though...) keep stupidly emphasizing the "right to fail". We need to be sure that we emphasize the right to succeed with it, and that the more government subsidize failure, the more you are inhibiting freedom and success.

As for drugs, this isn't a big issue with me. I tend to stay out of conversations. However, his argument was.... weird. He argued that government would increase their revenue by adding a sales tax to drugs, as though that were a bad thing. In a libertarian society, it wouldn't be regulated/taxed at all (many potheads grow their own, anyway), and even if we were to otherwise be in our current situation, increased revenue is GOOD! We're printing and borrowing beyond what is sustainable. A marijuana tax would be a relatively fantastic tax, which taxes completely non-essential items, unlike some current taxes, such as the gasoline tax.

Every argument after that was in favor of limiting individual liberties (via government regulation) and argued as though libertarians are so narrow-minded that they would not think to vote against subsequent bills which may increase government control to address "problems" which may arise from legalizing certain substances/activities. If libertarians ever dominate a legislative body, you can be sure that no Welfare checks will be going out to drug addicts. Instead, the author insists that government officials will bow to subsidizing failure through Welfare. Though his arguments may be pragmatic while authoritarians dominate governing bodies, they are inconsistent and, at times, hypocritical. It is the very compromise libertarians mumble, grumble, and rant about.

Grimnir Wotansvolk
02-07-2009, 08:23 PM
i am a social conservative. I am an advocate of the 10th amendment..leave those issues to the states and the people. A more immoral socity will do us some good? tonestones, name 10 daily activites that you think are "immoral"

amy31416
02-08-2009, 11:58 PM
tones, name 10 daily activites that you think are "immoral"

Name 10 things you do every day, Grimnir and you'll have your answer. :p

tonesforjonesbones
02-09-2009, 12:10 AM
LOLOLLLLL tones