PDA

View Full Version : NBC 4 chief meteorologist: Sunspots - not carbon emissions - cause Global Warming

FrankRep
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
NBC 4 chief meteorologist Jym Ganahl:
Sunspots - not carbon emissions - cause Global Warming

The Other Paper
February 5, 2009

Just when you thought it was safe to assume that everyone had pretty much accepted climate change and moved on, here comes rogue NBC 4 chief meteorologist Jym Ganahl to blow your freaking mind.

“Just wait 5 or 10 years, and it will be very obvious. They’ll have egg on their faces,” Ganahl said this week of global warming advocates.

The “global warming hoax” is an obvious fallacy, Ganahl said in a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn1SOqcmc64) posted Jan. 23.

In the video, taped at a meet-up of the Ohio Freedom Alliance (http://www.ohiofreedom.com/forum/), Ganahl chats with Dave, the self-proclaimed No. 1 biker talk show host on radio, and—still odder—Robert Wagner, a former candidate for the 15th congressional district.

Although global warming is clearly “a fallacy,” Ganahl told the dudes, “It is remarkable how many people are being led like sheep in the wrong direction.”

Evoking Orwellian mind-control power of the media, Ganahl said it’s remarkable how easy it is to panic the unwashed masses.

Ganahl continued to evangelize offline this week.

Sunspots—and not carbon emissions—are to blame for the slow warming of the globe, Ganahl said. “It has nothing to do with us.”

“When there are sunspots, like freckles on the sun—dark spots—these are like turning on a furnace and the earth warms. When there are no sunspots, it is like the furnace is in standby and the earth cools.

“I have always thought we should celebrate and be thankful we live in a time when it is warmer, not curse it,” Ganahl said. “It allows us to grow food and feed the population—and the warming is slow and we can adapt to it.”

Cold, on the other hand, is to blame for a whole host of worldly disasters, including death of the Aztecs, the Vikings, and who knew?— the bubonic plague.

“Instead of screaming global warming, we should be preaching global cooling,” he said.

But with a new president who apparently buys into the whole carbon emission demonizing scam, Ganahl said, “It’s very scary,” and admittedly “very difficult,” to fight the mob mentality.

“Carbon dioxide is what we, as people, exhale. Enough said. Unless you eliminate people, you have it. It’s food for the plants and trees,” he said.

Our local Al Gore antithesis risked his career on his wild weather heresy—sort of.

Back in 2007, the take-no-prisoners field of meteorology was split over the issue of climate change. Prominent Weather Channel meteorologist Heidi Cullen called for those who deny the so-called truth about global warming to be stripped of their American Meteorological Society credentials.

Ganahl, who just celebrated 30 years at NBC, became the youngest person to be granted the AMS Seal of Approval, by the way, back in 1970.

Cullen’s call has thus far gone unheeded, but it stirred up a mini-schism among TV weather types.

“Meteorologists are among the few people trained in the sciences who are permitted regular access to our living rooms,” Cullen said in a column written for the Weather Channel.

“And in that sense, they owe it to their audience to distinguish between solid, peer-reviewed science and junk political controversy.”

Ganahl says he has kept his anti-global warming propaganda out of your living room, but he is prepared to sell on sunspots, and their relation to warming cycles, if you ever ask.

Asked if he’s worried that he’ll take a hit among the sheep for his climate thinking, he said he’s not concerned.

“Just tell them to wait five or 10 years, and I’ll have history to back me up.”

SOURCE:
http://theotherpaper.com/articles/2009/02/05/front/doc498b07c3e889d326202045.txt

akihabro
02-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Yes sun does affect many things on this earth. Be prepared world when it belches electromagnetic radiation and our computers and cellphones get fried. This guy better not make too much of his ideas, lest he get fired. Go out on the street and ask people does carbon dioxide cause global warming? Then ask then what gas trees use to make oxygen. They will be perplexed that this is a necessary gas.

FrankRep
02-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes sun does affect many things on this earth. Be prepared world when it belches electromagnetic radiation and our computers and cellphones get fried. This guy better not make too much of his ideas, lest he get fired.

I met with him personally, he's awesome.
This guy has no fear in exposing the Global Warming Hoax. Very encouraging.

Zippyjuan
02-07-2009, 05:19 PM
“I have always thought we should celebrate and be thankful we live in a time when it is warmer, not curse it,” Ganahl said. “It allows us to grow food and feed the population—and the warming is slow and we can adapt to it.”

The places we currently grow food are having problems due to the warmer climate. It has meant less water in California where farmers are shutting down due to lack of enough water and Austraila shut down an area which used to produce one quarter of their domestic food production due heat and drought. They were a major rice producer (feeding up to 20 million people worth) and the year they shut down the price of rice doubled world wide so the effects are not just local. In the central US, the lands more north of the present grain belt are not as fertile for growing crops so moving them more northward to follow the temperature would mean smaller crops too.

Get ready for another large sun spot cycle- I think this one peaks aroung 2010 or 2012 and is supposed to be the strongest in this century. http://articles.latimes.com/2006/mar/07/science/sci-solar7

lucynuts
02-07-2009, 06:20 PM
There was a post on global warming earlier on this forum
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=178380

Here is what I said on the third page of that thread.

A new theory has been developed that is more acurately predicting global warming and cooling periods and deals primarily with the solar activity of the sun. In short the more solar activity the warmer it gets and the less solar activity the cooler it gets. Currently more research is being done by CERN in an experiment that looks at cosmic rays, clouds and climate. In the past it has been found that cosmic rays consisting of charged particles react with the atmosphere causing aerosols (tiny particles suspended in the air that seed cloud droplets). These cloud droplets formed by the reaction of cosmic charged particles and the atmosphere increase the amount of global cloud coverage. As a result of the increased global cloud coverage the mean temperature of the Earth decreases causing global cooling. However during times of high solar activity the amount of cosmic rays entering Earth's atmosphere dramatically reduces which in turn causes less cloud coverage and as a result global warming. Here is the CERN article on the experiment.

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/...tCloud-en.html.

In order to see the cosmic rays react you must look into a cloud chamber, which is just a container filled with a cloud,
here is a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzWNOUqLmQ.

The lines that form in the clouds are actually cosmic particles which oddly enough are tiny enough to pass straight through the Earth and consist of protons, alpha particles and beta minus particles.

This theory has been proven to be more accurate as it explains why carbon dioxide levels increase only after temperature has increased and decrease only after temperature has decreased, a time chart plotting the two will show this. This is because at higher temperatures more carbon dioxide can diffuse out of bodies of water and at cooler temperatures more carbon dioxide can diffuse back into water. (Side note 2/3 of the Earth is covered in oceans) Just as all of the cells of our body produce carbon dioxide which is carried out through veins and then diffuses out of the blood in the lungs as we begin to exhale. The theory also explains why the temperature of the troposphere is much lower than would be predicted by the theory of carbon dioxide driven global warming. Also it is important to note that temperature increases on Earth happen after increased solar activity and temperature decreases on Earth occur after decreased solar activity, a chart plotting the two with respect to time will show this.

Of course carbon dioxide is a green house gas but only 3-4 % is man made.
The list of green house gasses include:
Water vapor (H2O)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Methane (CH4)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)
Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6)
Chlorinated fluorocarbons (CFC's)

It is important to note that Methane is as much as 10 times more effective in trapping in heat within the atmosphere as carbon dioxide and the large abundance of methane is produced by natural animal emissions (so stop farting (lol)). It is also important to understand that cosmic ray induced global warming and carbon dioxide induced global warming are simply theories and will only last until a better theory comes about. Remember a theory can never be proven 100% but only disproven when better theories come about and as one theory is decidedly more accurate in making predictions than another it becomes adopted by society and the cycle continues forever (in theory (lol)).

However too many seem to take the prevention of global warming to extreme measures even the UN imposes sanctions on third world nations urging them not to develop however this causes an area of extreme controversity. The price of third world nations not being allowed to develop causes high death rates in children as well as a lower expected age of death in adults. The libertarian side of me already wants out of the UN and this just furthers my frustration with global organizations. What right is it of first world nations telling third world nations not to develop, not to use your resources, not to have running water or electricity, it utterly sickens me. Further whether or not global warming is man made how can any government attempt to regulate the emmisions of carbon dioxide or methane for that matter without taking the form of a tyrannical nanny state. Recently an article in the British Medical Journal suggests that a limit of two children per family should be adopted to combat global warming.

Link
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2454...ange'.html

In closing arguments, everyone should understand both theories and decide for yourself. I have made the conclusion that cosmic ray induced global warming makes more sense to me but that may not be the case for you (so as libertarians believe) do, say, or believe in whatever you want.

For referenence on the two theories watch

-The Great Global Warming Swindle
which can be seen in a video at the bottom of the below link
http://www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com/

or watch

-An Inconvenient Truth

Uriel999
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Lies! All lies! Al Gore told me so!

FrankRep
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Sunspots reaching 1,000-year high

BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3869753.stm

A new analysis shows that the Sun is more active now than it has been at anytime in the previous 1,000 years.

Scientists based at the Institute for Astronomy in Zurich used ice cores from Greenland to construct a picture of our star's activity in the past.

They say that over the last century the number of sunspots rose at the same time that the Earth's climate became steadily warmer.

FrankRep
02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
The Great Global Warming Swindle

Complete Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=B9AFA69D6C4D49F1

Bruno
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Sunspots reaching 1,000-year high

BBC News

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3869753.stm

A new analysis shows that the Sun is more active now than it has been at anytime in the previous 1,000 years.

Scientists based at the Institute for Astronomy in Zurich used ice cores from Greenland to construct a picture of our star's activity in the past.

They say that over the last century the number of sunspots rose at the same time that the Earth's climate became steadily warmer.

Again, lies, lies, all lies! :D

This is awesome news that more scientific evidence is being brought out against this global warming hoax.

idiom
02-08-2009, 07:05 AM
“Just tell them to wait five or 10 years, and I’ll have history to back me up.”

I can't help thinking of the Movie, The WeatherMan.

The Sun is at its solar activity minimum. In Ten years is will be approaching its sunspot maximum.

Son of Detroit
02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
There was a post on global warming earlier on this forum
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=178380

Here is what I said on the third page of that thread.

So basically what you are saying in part of that post is:

Increased solar activity=higher temperatures.

Higher temperatures=more CO2 given off by our oceans and lakes

More CO2 given off by oceans and lakes=higher CO2 content in our atmosphere.

Thus the correlation between CO2 and temperatures might be opposite of what it is perceived from the GW crowd. Maybe the rise of CO2 isn't increasing the temperatures, maybe the rise in temperatures is increasing the CO2?

Interesting... Thanks for that post.

lucynuts
02-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Just check out this web page it has all the information anyone would want to know about naturall climate change

http://www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com/

Don't forget to watch the Great Global Warming Swindle towards the bottom of the page.

mediahasyou
02-08-2009, 01:35 PM
A while ago meteorologists from the weather channel were fired for speaking out against global warming. These testimonials are not new.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I can't help thinking of the Movie, The WeatherMan.

The Sun is at its solar activity minimum. In Ten years is will be approaching its sunspot maximum.

Maybe not. If the spotless trend continues (and there is no sign yet its abating) in ten years we might be lucky to count a handful of days with sunspots. There is also the fact that several volcanoes are about to blow their stacks that has some worried. A large burst of ash into the atmosphere would lower the Earth's overall albedo and could push us into a Minima like that of the Dalton.

idiom
02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah but the weather guy says that sunspots are currently at peaks of activity.

FrankRep
02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I believe he says that currently we're going through a downturn (less sunspots) and the earth will experience a global cooling.

Dr.3D
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM

On no! Man made global warming is causing more sun spots.... oh no! :rolleyes:
:D

Truth Warrior
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
That may just explain the simultaneous "Global Warning" of the OTHER planets in the solar system.

Maybe Al Gore and the UN can just "fix" the Sun, if the global tax is big enough.

phill4paul
02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
That may just explain the simultaneous "Global Warning" of the OTHER planets in the solar system.

Maybe Al Gore and the UN can just "fix" the Sun, if the global tax is big enough.

You and I would realize that you made this post tongue-in-cheek. Al and the U.N. however...damnit don't give 'em ideas TW.:D

Truth Warrior
02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
You and I would realize that you made this post tongue-in-cheek. Al and the U.N. however...damnit don't give 'em ideas TW.:D Well, if they DON'T "fix it" then it's just ALL the fault of MANKIND. :D

youngbuck
02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
the rise in temperatures is increasing the CO2?

Yes, that is the case. ;)

Truth Warrior
02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Terrestrial Atmosphere
Surface pressure: 1014 mb
Surface density: 1.217 kg/m3
Scale height: 8.5 km
Total mass of atmosphere: 5.1 x 1018 kg
Total mass of hydrosphere: 1.4 x 1021 kg
Average temperature: 288 K (15 C)
Diurnal temperature range: 283 K to 293 K (10 to 20 C)
Wind speeds: 0 to 100 m/s
Mean molecular weight: 28.97 g/mole
Atmospheric composition (by volume, dry air):
Major : 78.084% Nitrogen (N2), 20.946% Oxygen (O2),
Minor (ppm): Argon (Ar) - 9340; Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 380
Neon (Ne) - 18.18; Helium (He) - 5.24; CH4 - 1.7
Krypton (Kr) - 1.14; Hydrogen (H2) - 0.55
Water is highly variable, typically makes up about 1%
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/earthfact.html (http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/earthfact.html)

:p