PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Facebook group for Ron Paul Forums and The Daily Paul

bobbyw24
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/edit.php?gid=65179460922#/group.php?gid=65179460922&ref=mf

A Facebook group to spread the word about these pro-liberty forums.

Please join

LittleLightShining
02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm in even though 90% of my friends are self-proclaimed "very liberal" and probably won't look at it.

zach
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Sweet. Joined it.

qh4dotcom
02-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Just joined...now how do I know who's from Ron Paul Forums and who's from Daily Paul?

FrankRep
02-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Joined.

77 members

bobbyw24
02-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Spread the word.

Thanks

FrankRep
02-08-2009, 08:47 AM
111 members!

FrankRep
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
191 members

bobbyw24
02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
If you have not done so yet, please subscribe to RPF for only $20/year.

I have done so and the $20 is well worth the up to date news and great discussions I get on this list.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157603

liberteebell
02-09-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm in even though 90% of my friends are self-proclaimed "very liberal" and probably won't look at it.

One never knows. A story:

I ran across an old high school friend about a week ago. He read my crackbook profile and the things I post, primarily economics related, and found it "very interesting". He describes himself as being "very liberal". However, as I speak with him, he and I both find that we have many areas of agreement (guns, civil liberties, economics!). Even in his work and daily life, he does very libertarian things (which I've pointed out :D).

He likes a lot of what I have to say. I think, as he learns more, he'll become "one of us", even if he doesn't completely agree on every little thing (who does anyway).

Last night, he joined the aforementioned fb group. :D:cool:

So my suggestion is to just keep putting stuff out there, and especially economics stuff that's so important right now. You never know who's reading it and learning about Freedom.

Dorfsmith
02-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm a member of too many facebook groups so now facebook only lets me join groups if I'm invited. Anybody who is my facebook friend want to send me a request to join this group? My full name on facebook is Elisha Dorfsmith. Thanks :D

JoshLowry
02-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for making this group Bobby.

:)

LittleLightShining
02-09-2009, 10:39 AM
One never knows. A story:

I ran across an old high school friend about a week ago. He read my crackbook profile and the things I post, primarily economics related, and found it "very interesting". He describes himself as being "very liberal". However, as I speak with him, he and I both find that we have many areas of agreement (guns, civil liberties, economics!). Even in his work and daily life, he does very libertarian things (which I've pointed out :D).

He likes a lot of what I have to say. I think, as he learns more, he'll become "one of us", even if he doesn't completely agree on every little thing (who does anyway).

Last night, he joined the aforementioned fb group. :D:cool:

So my suggestion is to just keep putting stuff out there, and especially economics stuff that's so important right now. You never know who's reading it and learning about Freedom.I keep crossing my fingers that this is going to happen. You know what I'm learning, though? Most people who describe themselves as "very liberal" only describe themselves as such because they are anti-war, pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. Once you get beyond these issues they usually agree with us more than they don't.

bobbyw24
02-09-2009, 10:43 AM
If you want to be added as an Admin to the FB just tell me.

We have over 240 members and over 700 invites to new potential members outstanding.

Because of the FB group, I have had 5 local Ron Paul/C4L members tell me that they signed up for RPF--which was why I started the FB group

Dorfsmith
02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Awesome!

Dorfsmith
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, I had to leave about 25 groups before it let me become a member but I am a member now. See how dedicated I am :D

liberteebell
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
I keep crossing my fingers that this is going to happen. You know what I'm learning, though? Most people who describe themselves as "very liberal" only describe themselves as such because they are anti-war, pro-choice and pro-gay marriage. Once you get beyond these issues they usually agree with us more than they don't.

Yes, it's often just a matter of getting past labels and getting to the real issues. I'm finding that the economy is a tremendous "uniting" issue.

bobbyw24
02-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Now that's dedication!

bobbyw24
02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Musician Aimee Allen has joined the RPF on Facebook group.

Her fan page is located at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aimee-Allen/27999109415?ref=ts

surf
02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
am i the only one that thinks facebook and myspace should be something for high school kids?

i must be, the head of the district GOP invited me join his facebook group (or whatever the hell it's called)

mport1
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Good idea, joined.

Dorfsmith
02-09-2009, 02:36 PM
am i the only one that thinks facebook and myspace should be something for high school kids?

i must be, the head of the district GOP invited me join his facebook group (or whatever the hell it's called)

For some reason the news media would like you to think that the only people on myspace and facebook are kids and pedophiles. :(

Dorfsmith
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
And yes surf, you are the only one who thinks that :D

LittleLightShining
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM

i must be, the head of the district GOP invited me join his facebook group (or whatever the hell it's called)I haven't been on very long and I know it's a data mining operation but I still love it. I have reconnected with so many of my old friends that I lost touch with. I'm not a friend collector so it's been a really personal wonderful experience for me so far.

Interestingly an old schoolmate of mine is running for mayor in the town we grew up in. He adds anyone connected to the town. He has a group and he uses it to promote his ideas and network with people who will hopefully become foot soldiers for him. I'm not his friend (for one I'm not fb friends with men my husband doesn't know) but his group is public and it's kinda interesting to see what he has going on. (Unfortunately he's a typical Democrat.)

Nate K
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
how can you spread the word if it's targeted towards people who already know the word?