PDA

View Full Version : A note I wrote - this is America?

malkusm
02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
When did "the land of the free" become "the land of the wiretapped, monitored, and recorded?"

When did "the home of the brave" become "the home of the international bullies?"

When did "all men are created equal" become "some are more equal than others?"

When did "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" become "Life, Liberty, the pursuit of Happiness, Free Healthcare, Unemployment Benefits, and Social Security?"

When did "No taxation without representation" become "Taxation no matter what?"

When did "private property" become "eminent public domain?"

When did "give me liberty or give me death" become "give me a bailout or give me an unemployment check?"

When did "the right to bear arms" become "the right for only the government to bear arms?"

When did "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States" become "preserve, protect and defend domestic banks, my own political interests, and citizens of foreign nations from terrorism?"

When did the powers "reserved to the states respectively, or to the people" become the powers "reserved to the Congress and the President, whenever they see fit to change the rules?"

When did "No state shall make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts" become "No state, nor citizen, shall make anything but pieces of paper issued by the Federal Reserve a tender in payment of debts?"

When did the power "To declare war" shift from Congress to the President?

When did America become....something else?

UtahApocalypse
02-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow!!That needs to be formatted, put on a website, and fliers!!!

Bruno
02-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Excellent! It's well-worded in terms anyone can relate to.

This should be an email that gets spread far and wide!

suggestion:

Can you add a line in along the lines of

"When did 'No state shall ... make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debt' become "print Fiat money out of thin air and steal from the American taxpayer through the hidden tax of inflation?"

malkusm
02-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Figured I'd post it here because in terms of spreading things, I'm not that great. I'll send it out as an e-mail but I really don't have an extensive e-mail list (my Meetup is dead, etc.). I do have my e-mail list from the Ronvoy I took to Minnesota, so I'll send it there.

Feel free to spread it around as you wish though :D

Bruno
02-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Figured I'd post it here because in terms of spreading things, I'm not that great. I'll send it out as an e-mail but I really don't have an extensive e-mail list (my Meetup is dead, etc.). I do have my e-mail list from the Ronvoy I took to Minnesota, so I'll send it there.

Feel free to spread it around as you wish though :D

Thanks! I don't have an extensive email distribution list either, but the butterfly effect might kick in. :)

Roxi
02-07-2009, 11:47 AM
awesome i posted it as a note on facebook (giving you credit of course)

idiom
02-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Land of the Secure and the Home of the safe.

ihsv
02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Good job!

Arklatex
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
awsome Malkusm