PDA

View Full Version : Legislation: Stimulus Set To Pass

angelatc
02-07-2009, 10:59 AM
While we've been working on ending the fed and hammering out a deal to boycott Kelloggs, the Senate has worked out a compromise which is going to cost us $1.75 trillion.

Who did you call?

nobody's_hero
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I called Moscow. I'm trying to figure out how hard it is to gain entry into a free country like Russia. I told them I was seeking political asylum.

(Actually I'm putting together a letter to my state representatives. I don't waste time with the U.S. Congress anymore.)

What did Kelloggs do? I missed it.

UtahApocalypse
02-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I have decided not to pay any taxes this year. Not because of the illegality, or the unconstitutional reasons. I am not paying taxes because im sick of them squandering it away. I am sick of the bailouts and stimulus.

Last year I got NO stimulus check, My friends job vanished, his company had received no bailout. I will not watch my money save jobs of companies with horrible business practices. I could not afford a trip to my brothers funeral without the VOLUNTARY support of my fellow man. Yet these companies party it up at the Super Bowl, and in Vegas.

I will not pay my taxes this year. I will not pay my taxes.

Buffalo Bruce
02-07-2009, 01:07 PM
"Voinovich's departure left four Republican senators involved in the negotiations: Collins, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mel Martinez of Florida and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. Democratic leaders will need at least two or three GOP votes to pass the bill." -CNN

Those are the four Republicans that might sell out our grandchildren.

This is a list of our Senator's website contacts. They have already heard from me - twice.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

ihsv
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
I have decided not to pay any taxes this year. Not because of the illegality, or the unconstitutional reasons. I am not paying taxes because im sick of them squandering it away. I am sick of the bailouts and stimulus.

Last year I got NO stimulus check, My friends job vanished, his company had received no bailout. I will not watch my money save jobs of companies with horrible business practices. I could not afford a trip to my brothers funeral without the VOLUNTARY support of my fellow man. Yet these companies party it up at the Super Bowl, and in Vegas.

I will not pay my taxes this year. I will not pay my taxes.

Good luck, my friend.

Kevin_Kennedy
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm glad Voinovich dropped out of the negotiations, and told him so through an e-mail. However, my guess is he only did so because he's a Republican, not for any moral or intellectual reasons.

angelatc
02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
"Voinovich's departure left four Republican senators involved in the negotiations: Collins, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mel Martinez of Florida and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. Democratic leaders will need at least two or three GOP votes to pass the bill." -CNN

Those are the four Republicans that might sell out our grandchildren.

This is a list of our Senator's website contacts. They have already heard from me - twice.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Thank you Bruce. It is nice to know I am not the only person desperately trying. I called Collins, Specter and Snowe several times.

I'd like to see Michael Steele threaten to cut them off at the knees over this.

angelatc
02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm glad Voinovich dropped out of the negotiations, and told him so through an e-mail. However, my guess is he only did so because he's a Republican, not for any moral or intellectual reasons.

All listed are Republicans. Sadly, the TARP vote proved that they can get reelected no matter what they do.

Senators Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) have said repeatedly that their goal was to eliminate those parts of the bill that are not stimulative. But this document shows that this spending has not been eliminated, but only reduced. If this spending does not stimulate (and it most certainly does not), then why not eliminate it completely?

And if the goal was to simply lower the price of the plan to protect taxpayers, the Nelson-Collins deal fails in that effort as well. At $827 billion, the compromise will cost $7 billion MORE than the bill passed by Nancy Pelosi in the House.

http://senateconservatives.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/nelson-collins-stimulus-final1.pdf

sluggo
02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I've been calling and emailing all week.

Sadly, most people smart enough to realize that this is another ripoff bill think that calling their reps is a waste of time.

Dorfsmith
02-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I've been calling and emailing all week too.

angelatc
02-08-2009, 01:06 AM
http://readthestimulus.org/index.php?doc=amdth1&page=1

It's finally online - searchable.