PDA

View Full Version : Cheney: Terrorists have Nuclear weapons

MachM
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Former VP Dick Cheney warns of nuclear attack on United States under President Obama

WASHINGTON - The former vice president warned Wednesday that there's a "high probability" the U.S. will get nuked by terrorists during President Obama's watch.

"The ultimate threat to the country [is] a 9/11-type event where the terrorists are armed with something much more dangerous than an airline ticket and a box cutter - a nuclear weapon or a biological agent of some kind," Cheney told Politico.com from his latest undisclosed location - his new Virginia office.

Cheney said that "perhaps hundreds of thousands of people" would perish in such a strike, and that "there's a high probability of such an attempt."

He also appeared to miss his role defending ex-President George W. Bush for "the dark side" of fighting terrorists. In his first interview since leaving office, Cheney described that effort to protect the country as "a tough, mean, dirty, nasty business."

"We're not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek," Cheney added.

The ex-veep had little kind to say about Obama's plan to shut down the terrorist prison at Guantanamo Bay.

Cheney griped that Democrats "are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist" than protecting the U.S. from Osama Bin Laden's gang.

Some think "if we just go talk nice to these folks, everything's going to be okay," he said. "They're optimistic . . . We were."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/02/04/2009-02-04_former_vp_dick_cheney_warns_of_nuclear_a.html

hugolp
02-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Terrorist have Nuclear weapons?

Yes, the USA goverment has nuclear weapons.

tmosley
02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
What a piece of dickcheese that guy is.

If terrorists had nukes, they would use it against Israel or one of the Arab countries in order to try to seize control.

M House
02-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Terrorists can get everything they want done without using nukes. They're not stupid and like to conserve their resources. I'm pretty sure even if they had them, they'd use them not on us or israel but a middle eastern ally of ours and use the blame and confusion to their advantage. You'll notice though they are doing quite well without such BS. Why would they want to fuck with their massive support base, we gave them right now?

MachM
02-07-2009, 10:53 AM
If terrorists had nukes, they would use it against Israel or one of the Arab countries in order to try to seize control.

I think 5% or 10% of "Oil money" from gulf countries and "Dubai Real estate money" also goes to Taliban and Al-Qaeda as financial help.

Terrorist must be rich when Crude Oil reached $145 per barrel & they must have purchased sophisticated & high-tech weapons. Taleban & Al-Qaeda are always planning to strike USA & Europe in a bigger way than 9/11 attacks. Dubai is a "Hub for illegal activities and terrorist finance"

Al-Qaeda has been silent for past 7 years. There is always a great silence before a "massive storm" (nature's rule).

I agree with Dick Cheney that "nuclear strike on USA soil will happen during Barack obama's rule"

HOLLYWOOD
02-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Terrorist have Nuclear weapons?

Yes, the USA goverment has nuclear weapons.

Terrorists have NUKES? YES, The Jewish State of ISRAEL

of course the Terrorist Empire of Britian too. You know, America's 2nd biggest liability. :rolleyes:

FreeMama
02-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Why is this in economics? I was confused for a minute and thought I was in a different forum

MachM
02-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Why is this in economics? I was confused for a minute and thought I was in a different forum

If there is a nuclear attack USA economy will be devastated.

M House
02-07-2009, 11:24 AM

This just kinda happens on the RPforums just one of many quirks.

Bruno
02-07-2009, 11:25 AM

you're stretching a little there... ;)

DFF
02-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Highly unlikely. Nukes are extremely difficult to build and require frequent and costly maintenance. Still, we should do everything in our power (eg CIA intelligence gathering, nuke squads at the Canadian/Mexican borders) to prevent such a catastrophe from ever occurring.

ihsv
02-07-2009, 11:42 AM

And if there's a nuclear attack on Iran, the Iranian economy would be devastated. But that's ok. They're just Muslims. :rolleyes:

pacelli
02-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Terrorists definitely have nuclear weapons. We're the only country in the world that has killed cities of people using them.

Matt Collins
02-07-2009, 12:55 PM
What a piece of dickcheese that guy is.

http://www.richardcheese.com/

If terrorists had nukes, they would use it against Israel or one of the Arab countries in order to try to seize control.Don't bet on it.

Matt Collins
02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Nukes are extremely difficult to build and require frequent and costly maintenance.
Through a decade of painstaking reverse engineering, trucker John Coster-Mullen built the first accurate replica of the Hiroshima bomb (http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/12/15/081215fa_fact_samuels?printable=true). His work yielded a new history of the first nukes, 'Atom Bombs: The Top Secret Inside Story of Little Boy and Fat Man,' with historian Robert Norris saying, 'Nothing else in the Manhattan Project literature comes close.' Philip Morrison, one of the physicists who helped invent the bomb, deemed it 'a remarkable job.'"

SOURCE:
http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/25/1831240

So in reality it isn't impossible for a group of dedicated individuals to build a working atomic bomb, but getting the material is the hard part.

Still, we should do everything in our power (eg CIA intelligence gathering, nuke squads at the Canadian/Mexican borders) to prevent such a catastrophe from ever occurring.I absolutely agree. But the trick is border security. Open borders does not necessarily mean unsecured borders. But if they can't get the nuke here, then they can't attack us. And I am not opposed to passive intelligence operations but we can''t continue intervening in the affairs of foreign nations.

Matt Collins
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM
WASHINGTON - The former vice president warned Wednesday that there's a "high probability" the U.S. will get nuked by terrorists during President Obama's watch.

"The ultimate threat to the country [is] a 9/11-type event where the terrorists are armed with something much more dangerous than an airline ticket and a box cutter - a nuclear weapon or a biological agent of some kind," Cheney told Politico.com from his latest undisclosed location - his new Virginia office.

Cheney said that "perhaps hundreds of thousands of people" would perish in such a strike, and that "there's a high probability of such an attempt."The sad reality is that he may be fear mongering or he could be speaking the truth. Problem is no one can trust him because he's cried wolf one too many times.

He is privy to daily intelligence briefings so who know's what is actually going on.

"We're not going to win this fight by turning the other cheek," Cheney added.

The ex-veep had little kind to say about Obama's plan to shut down the terrorist prison at Guantanamo Bay.

Cheney griped that Democrats "are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist" than protecting the U.S. from Osama Bin Laden's gang.

Some think "if we just go talk nice to these folks, everything's going to be okay," he said. "They're optimistic . . . We were."And this is where he is dead wrong. Everyone has rights that cannot be denied without due process. And swatting at a hornets nest will cause one to get stung by the hornets.

HOLLYWOOD
02-07-2009, 02:14 PM

You don't need NUKES... Banks and Politicians do a great job Devastating the economy/people/country. ;)

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7720049.stm

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa081600a.htm

and finally and most importantly....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7158

Living in Houston I feel relatively safe from a nuclear attack. Why? Because the Bushes call it home and it has one of the largest ports in the country. Even with all of their self-destructive tendencies, I don't think they can afford the loss of Houston's port. But to those who have researched 9/11 know that Cheney was calling the shots that morning. To those that haven't, you know that he has been calling the shots since then.

I have no psychic ability. I'm not an expert researcher. I have no expert understanding of the 'world'. All I have is a notion that to end the United States for good, all the NWO would need to do is detonate a nuclear warhead in Washington D.C. Our government has been planning for it with Operation Global Guardian. The Shadow Government would be all that is left. I don't know. What do you guys think?

ILUVRP
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I would only say that the Russian gov admits that about 100 suitcase nuke bombs are missing and they don't know where they are.

I believe the next attact will be something coming on a cargo ship or across our borders.

That is why I would get everyone out of 90% of our overseas bases and inspect every container ship and put GI'S along our borders.

Everyone knows an attack would ruin our economy.

fj45lvr
02-07-2009, 03:11 PM
In fact Israel has had them for a long long time now....yes.

JohnJay
02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
In fact Israel has had them for a long long time now....yes.

I was under the understanding that Israel was one of the first with nuclear capabilities in the late 1948-49 years,
but this old article from 1999 says it was later.

Still, it estimates Israel as having hundreds of nuclear weapons as of the late 1990's

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/cpc-pubs/farr.htm

fj45lvr
02-07-2009, 09:03 PM
And if there's a nuclear attack on Iran, the Iranian economy would be devastated. But that's ok. They're just Muslims. :rolleyes:

well the selfish bastards here aren't likely to go along with the plan (because of the price of OIL)....the zionist entity will have to brave it alone with scorn of the fallout...the whole world will be pissed that they jacked up the price of crude.

so YES if it's only muslims then "no big deal" UNLESS oil prices were to RISE then "OH MY GOD"....

see how sick the prevailing thought is today....if only the American Indians had machine guns in 1776.

slothman
02-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Cheney griped that Democrats "are more concerned
about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist" than
protecting the U.S. from Osama Bin Laden's gang.

I think we should "read more rights" than "protect America".
Without rights there is no more true America to protect.

LibForestPaul
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Define Terrorist... :)

LibForestPaul
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Your questions should be...

There will be a nuclear or biological incident within the continetnal United States that will be attributed to foreign Islamic Fascist Terrorists.

Aratus
02-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I would only say that the Russian gov admits
that about 100 suitcase nuke bombs are missing
and they don't know where they are.

:eek: seriously, some of the 100 went missing.
this was said by one of yeltsin's people in the 1990s
and then the russian federation sent out a denial press release.

Andrew-Austin
02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
I think its the bluff of a fear monger.