PDA

View Full Version : If you donate to Schiff2010.com, where does your money go?

Knightskye
02-07-2009, 12:39 AM
There's a moneybomb on the 21st, but where does the money go if we donate?

Who's running the site?

Kevin_Kennedy
02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't donate to anything less than an official Peter Schiff for Senate website, and since he hasn't announced that he's running I would save my money.

amonasro
02-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah be careful with that. Peter stated on his last radio show that he's not serious about a run, but he thinks it's great that people are excited about the prospect.

qh4dotcom
02-07-2009, 02:10 AM
When he announces that he will run then I will donate

Malakai
02-07-2009, 12:50 PM
SCHIFF AGAIN SAID ON WALL ST UNSPUN THIS WEEK HE IS NOT AT ALL INTERESTED IN RUNNING.

Why do people insist on wasting time with this stupid shit. If someone says they do not want to run, it is rude to keep pushing it like this. And a complete waste of time that could be much better spent elsewhere.

Frankly anyone wasting time with this is doing the cause a disservice.

qh4dotcom
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Ron Paul did not want to run in 2007. He had to be convinced to do it. I bet you're now glad he did run even though originally he did not want to.

Dick Cheney said in 2000 he did not want to be VP. Same with Biden last year.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Ron Paul did not want to run in 2007. He had to be convinced to do it. I bet you're now glad he did run even though originally he did not want to.

Dick Cheney said in 2000 he did not want to be VP. Same with Biden last year.

True, but these are all figures who were already plugged into the political system. Has Schiff ever indicated interest in any political office at all?

I think many people would feel more comfortable donating to this effort if we knew the money would either be refunded or sent to a worthy cause if the effort to draft Peter Schiff for a Senate run is not successful.

JoshLowry
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
True, but these are all figures who were already plugged into the political system. Has Schiff ever indicated interest in any political office at all?

I think many people would feel more comfortable donating to this effort if we knew the money would either be refunded or sent to a worthy cause if the effort to draft Peter Schiff for a Senate run is not successful.

I'm sure a simple email would clarify where any of the money goes.

Austin
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm assuming it will go the PEAC.

If I recall correctly, one of the founders of PEAC and the Schiff2010 web site gave me a call. He wanted to remind/inform me of the money bomb, since I signed up on the Schiff2010 web site.

Imperial
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
The money I believe would theoretically be funnelled into other campaigns or refunded if Peter Schiff does not run.

Knightskye
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Schiff's all about the money. I'm sure if he knew the money was there, and the dollar wasn't going to crash before he entered the Senate, that he would run. ;)

Chiznaddy
02-09-2009, 12:27 AM
There's a moneybomb on the 21st, but where does the money go if we donate?

Who's running the site?

http://www.schiff2010.com/faq#n138

PEAC envisions a well coordinated grassroots campaign. We are founded by a group of relatively young supporters of honest and constitutional government. Thus far, we have asked and received invaluable help, both monetarily and in donated time, from PEAC members and supporters. However, in order to run a serious campaign, here is a small list of expenses that we are and will be incurring:
1) Advertising costs: commercials, print media, online.
2) Grassroots materials for signs, canvassing, flyers, and other handouts.
3) To set up conventions, debates, and forums.
4) Phone banking and phone lists for fundraising, polling data, and voter awareness.
5) We have hired a professional accountant who oversees the books for over 200 political organizations.
6) To provide financial assistance and fundraising materials to Meetup groups and other local activists so they can plan bigger and better events of their own.
7) Sponsor events such as Freedom Fest in Las Vegas, or events hosted by liberty minded media outlets and organizations.
8) To pay for the professional development, hosting, and other website expenses

About PEAC: http://www.schiff2010.com/about/

Hamer
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I will not be donating to any site other than an official Schiff for senate site.

When Peter says he will run and sets up an official campaign site I will be the forst to donate.