PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL votes help ROMNEY(other republicans) HUH??

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
I was talking to a republican in my county in colorado.He is supporting Ron Paul,but he thinks it will help the party to bring democrats over,but i tried to say look they are only coming over to vote for RON PAUL,they arent going to vote for anyone but.He seems to think it will still help the republican party,i didnt argue with him but would love to hear some arguments on this??

I personally believe the only chance republicans have is to nominate Ron Paul,any other candidate is just another george w bush,and i assure you they cant win with that kinda of platform.

This guy owns a hotel and im going to hear some republicans speak tomorrow there and handout Ron Paul info.

How do you even argue or debate with people who actually think people voting for ron paul will also vote for a republican if its not Ron Paul? kinda caught me off guard. i was thinking ,to myself,if they dont nominate Ron Paul the gop doesnt stand a chance winning the general election,but there are republicans that actually think Ron Paul supporters are gonna carry the gop to victory without Ron Paul WOW how do you even touch that argument?? seems like a fantasy dream to the republicans,because i will not vote republican unless they nominate RON PAUL AS PRESIDENT love to hear from people.

jblosser
09-13-2007, 03:24 PM
A lot of people who have been around the party for a while are reading the grassroots swell as the latest cycle to bring new blood to the party. Many of them don't think Ron has a chance but are working near the campaign anyway to try to encourage these new people to stick around for the next 20 years.

They don't get a lot of what's going on. They don't get that many of us are not even political newbies, we just have been avoiding the stupid partisan game to work on growing the remnant instead for just such a time as this. If Ron doesn't win most of us will go back to what we were doing before and let them all play their worthless compromise games until it all falls down.

belian78
09-13-2007, 03:25 PM
people that come across political lines to support RP will leave just as fast if he is not nominated. this will in no way help the Rep's if Dr Paul is not nominated. if anything it will ensure the death of the Rep party, cause people will see what they do to their own party members and will never come back or trust a Rep again.

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
people that come across political lines to support RP will leave just as fast if he is not nominated. this will in no way help the Rep's if Dr Paul is not nominated. if anything it will ensure the death of the Rep party, cause people will see what they do to their own party members and will never come back or trust a Rep again.

love to hear maybe another way to put it so they understand that the rise orfall of the gop depends on the gop supporting Ron Paul

Cindy
09-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think many people understand the difference between a Ron Paul, small government, low tax, Conservative, libertarian, constituionalist, Republican that doesn't cater to special interests and a.......... neocon.

Because of that, they think Ron Paul is recruiting for the neo con party.

Not so. I am still dreading registering republican, and will quickly unregister whenever Paul isn't going to be on one of their tickets.

mconder
09-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I would say very few Ron Paul supporters, after having been exposed to the philosophy of freedom, will continue to support the Republican party in general. If they do, they never got the Ron Paul message completely.

theseus51
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, that's the way most primaries are run. Everyone wants their guy to win, but in the end, everyone "makes nice" and supports the winner. So in that sense, your friend is just going on what happened in the past, and I can't blame him for thinking this will help out the party.

Ron Paul has a traditional conservative message, and people are supporting the message first. Ron Paul second. The party . . . 15th. Ron Paul is running under the Republican party label, because as he said, we preach democracy, but our own country is very un-democratic. And unless you're in one of the two major parties, you have very little hope of ever being elected. But in no way do I construe his efforts as "party-building" because he is promoting liberty, not the Republican Party.

Ron Paul Fan
09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Ron Paul says...

"We've dug a hole for ourselves and we've dug a hole for our party! We're losing elections and we're going down next year if we don't change and it has all to do with foreign policy!"

Dr. Paul is correct and the Republicans will lose next year if he's not the nominee. Then those democrats who support him will leave and support the democrat nominee, maybe even if it's Hillary. A Hillary vs. Rudy election would leave a lot of Paul supporters with no one to really support so maybe they don't vote or they vote libertarian/independent/write in Ron Paul. On a related note, a Hillary vs. Rudy matchup would likely lead to a sharp increase in the number of suicides around the country.

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I will vote for the Libertarian Party before i waste my vote on a democrat or republican,I'm over both parties for the last 12 yrs.It's Ron Paul or neither party for me. We need to really let republicans new and old ,to really understand the impact of THE RON PAULS MESSAGE:) WE ARE NOT JOINING TO SUPPORT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. WE ARE JOINING TO SUPPORT RON PAULS MESSAGE which isnt coming from the republican party of old neo-cons,if we can truly make them understand this real vote impact,they might straighten up there GOP ACT ,if not THE GOP IS DEAD IN THE WATER IN THIS ELECTION and the next ones.There has been a political change going on for many years and now its coming to a head,and if both parties ignore it,it should comeback to bite both parties in the ass... RON PAUL 2008

jblosser
09-13-2007, 03:41 PM
One thing we do in DFW is go to the Republican Clubs. We typically bring as many of our people as they have left. Then we just sit there like any interested new members. When the club leadership gets excited and says they hope we come back/etc. we tell them that's entirely up to them; we are old and new conservatives who gave up on the party but are giving them another chance if they are willing to run real conservatives again like Ron Paul instead of these compromise candidates. The local party leaders know exactly what we mean by this, many of them are angry at the party too and are willing to have honest discussions about real conservatism.

These meetings are good for a lot of conversations and other advocacy too, but we're definitely putting the screws into the local party structures to support us or lose.

AMack
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm voting Libertarian as well if Dr. Paul doesn't get the nomination or run third party. I've been a republican for the past several years, but the party disgusts me right now, and the libertarian philosophy lines up better with conservative republicanism than neoconservativism does.

jblosser
09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm voting for Ron unless someone better shows up (haha). I care not if he's on the ballot or not.

belian78
09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
love to hear maybe another way to put it so they understand that the rise orfall of the gop depends on the gop supporting Ron Paul

tell em to think about it this way. after the elections are over, and Hillary or whatever Dem wins, there will be news piece after news piece that talk about how Ron Paul could have saved the GOP. Or how he could have beaten the pro-war Dem they voted in cause they thought we'd get home by voting Dem. So... you've got a ton of RP supporters that left the Rep party right after the primaries, and then once the truth comes out about how they ignored, shunned, laughed at, and marginalized the only man on either side of the fence that would actually work for the average american... all the rest of the halfway intelligent voters will forever be turned away from the Republican party. done and done...

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
One thing we do in DFW is go to the Republican Clubs. We typically bring as many of our people as they have left. Then we just sit there like any interested new members. When the club leadership gets excited and says they hope we come back/etc. we tell them that's entirely up to them; we are old and new conservatives who gave up on the party but are giving them another chance if they are willing to run real conservatives again like Ron Paul instead of these compromise candidates. The local party leaders know exactly what we mean by this, many of them are angry at the party too and are willing to have honest discussions about real conservatism.

These meetings are good for a lot of conversations and other advocacy too, but we're definitely putting the screws into the local party structures to support us or lose.

I'll be ready tomorrow and look forward to talking to republicans that i never thought i would be going to a republican meeting,hmmmmm I'm more of a dem-libertarian,im originally from the south(southern democrat) hehe. This should get interesting tomorrow:)

belian78
09-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll be ready tomorrow and look forward to talking to republicans that i never thought i would be going to a republican meeting,hmmmmm I'm more of a dem-libertarian,im originally from the south(southern democrat) hehe. This should get interesting tomorrow:)

just be friendly and cordial. not too much of the "RP or lose" talk if you can avoid it. however you might just put it in the light of the other Rep candidates looking a little too much like Bush to the average american. :D

Akus
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
How do you even argue or debate with people who actually think people voting for ron paul will also vote for a republican if its not Ron Paul?

You don't.
Logic is powerless against insanity.

SeanEdwards
09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm writing in Ron Paul, and if he doesn't get the nomination I'll be changing my registration back to "Decline to state".

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll be nice ,like i have said before i helped get amendment 44(legalize marijuana for adults) passed in our counties,it lost statewide,but i know the pulse of my 3 counties and Ron Pauls Message will go over with 95% of the people here.I have just started passing out flyers etc and talking to people. A lady running for mayor is supporting Ron Paul etc,so like isaid Colorado mtns and front range are very supportive of Ron Pauls message ,we just need to spread the message. If voters across the board supported legalizing marijuana in my 3 counties,they will SUPPORT RON PAULS BIGGER MESSAGE OF LESS GOVERMENT etc. RESULTS FOR OUR COUNTIES WITH LOW VOTER TURNOUT FOR AMENDMENT 44 62% Summit/56% Eagle/52% Lake,that gives you an idea:) would of been higher if people had voted.WE ARE IN PRIME TERRITORY FOR RON PAULS MESSAGE(i went door to door in the last election,i truly know the pulse of our communities:)

RON PAUL REVOLUTION 2008

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm writing in Ron Paul, and if he doesn't get the nomination I'll be changing my registration back to "Decline to state".

I'll vote for RON PAUL AS A WRITE IN to,unless i see someone that blows my socks off in the Libertarian Party,AMERICANS ARE OVER BOTH PARTIES,I'm one of them

Original_Intent
09-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Whether RP wins the primaries or not, I expect the GOP registration numbers to plummet the day after Super Duper Tuesday.

njandrewg
09-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Ron Paul is the last Republican I'll vote for...if they screw him over and he decides not to run again...I'll vote for a liberterian. The GOP is dead in the water, and I think in the next 8 years you'll see Liberterians take their place

MsDoodahs
09-13-2007, 04:24 PM
A lot of people who have been around the party for a while are reading the grassroots swell as the latest cycle to bring new blood to the party. Many of them don't think Ron has a chance but are working near the campaign anyway to try to encourage these new people to stick around for the next 20 years.

They don't get a lot of what's going on. They don't get that many of us are not even political newbies, we just have been avoiding the stupid partisan game to work on growing the remnant instead for just such a time as this. If Ron doesn't win most of us will go back to what we were doing before and let them all play their worthless compromise games until it all falls down.

Abso - fucking - lootely.

jblosser
09-13-2007, 04:36 PM
just be friendly and cordial. not too much of the "RP or lose" talk if you can avoid it. however you might just put it in the light of the other Rep candidates looking a little too much like Bush to the average american. :D

Yes, don't waste time with the "Ron or Hillary wins" talk, they just won't believe it. They will believe that new people are standing there talking to them and telling them that they personally are only interested in true republican candidates. Get familiar with your state's GOP platform, odds are it says some of the stuff Ron is saying and being called a kook for.

hummtide
09-13-2007, 04:41 PM
If guys like that think for a second Ill vote for any other Republican.. HAA! They are gravely mistaken! As Ive said before, Its Ron Paul as the nominee, or my vote goes to Hillary. I dont want to vote for her, but Ill be damned if I vote for any person representing those Bush lover neocons positions. NO WAY!

jblosser
09-13-2007, 04:53 PM
If guys like that think for a second Ill vote for any other Republican.. HAA! They are gravely mistaken! As Ive said before, Its Ron Paul as the nominee, or my vote goes to Hillary. I dont want to vote for her, but Ill be damned if I vote for any person representing those Bush lover neocons positions. NO WAY!

You know you don't have to vote for anyone. The notion you have to vote or you're not a good citizen, don't get to complain, etc. is just one one more part of the toolkit used to keep control over the electorate. There's no logic behind it. You don't have to choose the lesser evil, you can choose neither. At least your hands stay clean.

Chester Copperpot
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I was talking to a republican in my county in colorado.He is supporting Ron Paul,but he thinks it will help the party to bring democrats over,but i tried to say look they are only coming over to vote for RON PAUL,they arent going to vote for anyone but.He seems to think it will still help the republican party,i didnt argue with him but would love to hear some arguments on this??

I personally believe the only chance republicans have is to nominate Ron Paul,any other candidate is just another george w bush,and i assure you they cant win with that kinda of platform.

This guy owns a hotel and im going to hear some republicans speak tomorrow there and handout Ron Paul info.

How do you even argue or debate with people who actually think people voting for ron paul will also vote for a republican if its not Ron Paul? kinda caught me off guard. i was thinking ,to myself,if they dont nominate Ron Paul the gop doesnt stand a chance winning the general election,but there are republicans that actually think Ron Paul supporters are gonna carry the gop to victory without Ron Paul WOW how do you even touch that argument?? seems like a fantasy dream to the republicans,because i will not vote republican unless they nominate RON PAUL AS PRESIDENT love to hear from people.

The people who like Ron Paul have been woken up and educated on the issues, blowback, federal reserve, inflation, etc. There is very little room for them to switch to another candidate because they also know ron paul is the only one who speaks the truth. Once people know the truth on something.. well theres nothing the Romneys of the world can do..

BrianNJ
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
If Ron Paul isn't nominated...

I'm going to vote for someone. It won't be a democrat, and if the Republicans pick some piece of trash neocon or bible-thumper, I'll probably go 3rd party.

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
They need to understand how much trouble they really are in and we the voters arent going for the lesser of 2 evils, They have a chance to gain 3 Voters here,we have all registered republican for the first time,of course for RON PAUL 2008

My hardest fight in my counties is trying to explain that their best choice is that dirty big word(Republican):eek:

BrianNJ
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Ron Paul says...

"We've dug a hole for ourselves and we've dug a hole for our party! We're losing elections and we're going down next year if we don't change and it has all to do with foreign policy!"

Dr. Paul is correct and the Republicans will lose next year if he's not the nominee. Then those democrats who support him will leave and support the democrat nominee, maybe even if it's Hillary. A Hillary vs. Rudy election would leave a lot of Paul supporters with no one to really support so maybe they don't vote or they vote libertarian/independent/write in Ron Paul. On a related note, a Hillary vs. Rudy matchup would likely lead to a sharp increase in the number of suicides around the country.

Hillary vs. Rudy.. great.. we might as well re-form the USSR and move over there.