PDA

View Full Version : My Congresswoman's Response to My Call Opposing The Stimulus

mconder
02-06-2009, 09:40 AM
This last election, our very good Republic Congresswoman was replaced by a radical statist. Our old congresswoman was a hard core gun advocate and opposed the original bailout and I used to love to read the responses I got from her office. Now I dread the responses from my Congresswoman's office.

Here it is:

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting me about H.R. 1, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). I truly appreciate hearing from you, and I am working hard to stand up for the people of Colorado's 4th District.

The economic recovery plan will create and save an estimated 3 to 4 million jobs nationwide, cut individual and business taxes, invest quickly in transportation and infrastructure, and help rebuild our economy for long-term growth. I recognize that this is not a perfect piece of legislation, but, after looking carefully at the bill, I believe it will have a positive impact on both the national economy and the economy of the 4th District.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, as passed by the House, will save or create more than 70,000 Colorado jobs by the end of 2010. It will reduce the unemployment rate in our state by a nearly 2%. More than 1.7 million hard working Coloradoans will benefit from tax credits. The State of Colorado will receive more than $400 million in funds for transportation infrastructure improvements-money that will have a direct impact on Colorado's deteriorating highways and bridges. In the 4th District, schools will benefit from nearly $60 million in much-needed assistance.

I have heard from many constituents like you who have expressed concerns about certain aspects of ARRA as it was passed in the House last week. I would like to address some of those concerns. First, there are no earmarks in this bill. H.R. 1 includes no funding for organizations like ACORN, does not include money to re-sod the National Mall, nor does it include funding for contraceptives. Second, contrary to rumor, funds will begin being dispersed to states almost immediately upon passage of the bill, providing a swift influx of relief to our failing economy.

As a former small business owner, I strongly believe in fiscally responsibility. At a time of economic crisis, when Americans are struggling to make ends meet, I believe it is fiscally responsible to do everything we can to turn the economy around and create jobs for the American people.

This is not a perfect plan, but regardless of political ideology economic experts across the political spectrum agree that inaction will cause catastrophic damage to the country. The recovery package will save and create jobs, rush tax relief to millions of Americans, and make immediate and long-term investments in our infrastructure and economy. I will continue to work with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle in the House and the Senate to do the right thing for Colorado and for America. I encourage you to stay informed and active in the process.

Sincerely,

Betsy Markey
Member of Congress

I like how she says it will save or create 70,000 jobs. That's a possible variance of 70,000, so it really sounds like they just pulled these numbers out of their ass. I guess the "It's not a perfect plan" is like a discliamer, so when Armageddon comes she can say she said it wasn't perfect or too little to late. These people are sickening.

acptulsa
02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
How on earth can she tout transportation infrastructure funding without giving a plug to Colorado Railcar? This cow can't even pander properly!

Should have pounded the pavement harder in support of the other lady last fall...

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Dude, writer her back and ask her if she failed basic English Comprehension. Reiterate that you OPPOSE this measure and its not open for debate. She serves YOU and her 'statistics' are all bullshit.

Of course, be prepared to be put in a FEMA camp for doing so. :D

SovereignMN
02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Ask her if she'll voluntarily resign if unemployement doesn't go down 2% by 2010.

mconder
02-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Ask her if she'll voluntarily resign if unemployement doesn't go down 2% by 2010.

I think I will.

ChaosControl
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I strongly believe in fiscally responsibility
What a lying sack of cow dung.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
so she thinks it will save 70,000 jobs? You should write her back and tell her that you are going to do your best to make sure one person is out of work come time for re-election.