PDA

View Full Version : California shuts down govt. today

Primbs
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Furlough Fridays begin for Calif. state workers

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96631BG0&show_article=1

Schwarzenegger ordered the two-day-a-month furloughs, reducing the average state worker's salary by 9.2 percent, as he and lawmakers try to solve the state's $42 billion budget shortfall.

Schwarzenegger's administration estimated that cutting worker hours would save the state $1.3 billion over the next year-and-a-half.

The state decided to keep some 250 career centers open after previously announcing they would be closed. The centers are where the unemployed get information about job training and benefits.

Squaw Valley ski resort at Lake Tahoe was offering $30 lift tickets—a $49 savings—on furlough days to state employees who show a valid state identification card or recent pay stub. Boreal ski resort also has a promotion in which state employees can ski or snowboard every Friday for the rest of the season for $20.

angelatc
02-06-2009, 07:53 AM
What a dummy. They could stagger the furloughs and keep the government open.

LibertyEagle
02-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Cool. I wish they'd shut down ours and see how long until anyone noticed.

ChaosControl
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
If only they'd shut it down permanently.

But I have an easy way to addressing the budget shortfall. Stop spending so much money on aid to the millions of illegals there.

SnappleLlama
02-06-2009, 08:53 AM
So, when will they be terminated?

*drumroll*

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
What a dummy. They could stagger the furloughs and keep the government open.

Anyone not in their right mind knows how problems just seem to disappear when either given shock treatment or the right kind of medications. Just close the government down for a little while. The main thing that the government does is pick up trash. I can always haul my own trash if that is what it takes to balance the budget.