PDA

View Full Version : Any NEWS on the SAN FRANCISCO fundraising and such?

Lord Xar
09-13-2007, 02:59 PM
I know Ron Pau is up in San Fran now, any news on it?.. the breakfast and lunch?

Shatterhand
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I know Ron Pau is up in San Fran now, any news on it?.. the breakfast and lunch?

I thought it was going to be on ronpaulradio.com. I haven't checked.

chiefsmurph
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
What a blast! I just cheered and marched through SF. I even got to shake Ron's hand. There must have been a good 60 people there just to march with him from his hotel to where he was having lunch. I couldn't really see inside so I couldn't say how many where there.

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I thought it was going to be on ronpaulradio.com. I haven't checked.

Na, RPR is going to be broadcasting tomorrow, from Seattle.

jpa
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $500.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
Thanks for being a part of the campaign!
Your confirmation number:
T27429-90895476
---
I am going to one of the events tonight in the south bay :-)

Lord Xar
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good going! Please post what it was like and everything.. don't forget :)

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Way to go, jpa. I donated the very same thing early today. I have $425 to go before I max out.

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you very much for your donation of $500.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
T27429-90895476
---
I am going to one of the events tonight in the south bay :-)

Cha CHUNK!!! Damn!

Allan Bartlett
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Mr. Allan Bartlett,

Thank you very much for your donation of $1,500.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T27434-90895896

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

SeanEdwards
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Mr. Allan Bartlett,

Thank you very much for your donation of $1,500.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

T27434-90895896

:eek:

C4de
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Mr. Allan Bartlett,

T27434-90895896

...... . .OH SNAP!

Revolution9
09-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Mr. Allan Bartlett,

T27434-90895896

I am impressed! I read your post this morning as well.. Very good report.

Best
Randy

Stealth4
09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Alan is my hero for the day.

jpa
09-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok.. back from the after dinner mix & meet. Packed room of at least 30 people in Palo Alto. Dr. Paul spoke for about 20 minutes, took Q&A for 20, then mingled in the crowd for the rest of the time.

I got to talk to him 1 on 1 for a few minutes. It was awesome, I'll upload my picture with the next president of the united states tommorrow. I met Lew Rockwell, which pretty cool. I cornered Kent Snyder (campaign director) and talked his ear off for 5-10 minutes. Pretty funny to think some punk kid who has never been involved in politics giving Mr. Snyder campaign suggestions I typed up 1 hour beforehand :-) He was very cool about it, gave thoughtful replies and took my suggestions.

Great event, I am really glad I went. If we all keep working hard, sticking to our principles with Dr. Paul, we are going to win this thing!!

jpa
09-13-2007, 11:44 PM
For the record, here are the notes I typed up this afternoon and gave to Mr. Snyder. If Ron Paul uses any of this in a speech in the future, I will quit my job as a software developer and become a full time speech writer :-D
---------
Suggestions based on sticking points I've run into while speaking to independants & republicans

Primary importance to win the Republican primary: Pro-actively state what you will do as President for National Defense (opposed to saying what Bush & the neocons are doing wrong)

1. As President, America will fight smarter against terrorists like Al-Qaida
· Human Intelligence gathering and Special Forces are our best tools against international terrorist forces. Conventional armies are not suited nor should they be used for fighting suicide terrorism.
· A secure border is vital in our defense against terrorism. As president, I will secure our borders. No excuses, No delays.
· Interior security is crucial in our defense against terrorism. We need to encourage & enable private institutions to secure private property. We cannot give up our freedoms and completely rely on a heavy-handed, national police force for our security. The FBI must partner with the private sector to truly secure our homeland in a constitutional, American manner.
2. Terrorism is a worldwide threat, we focus too many resources in the Middle East at our own peril
· Occupation is major contributing factor to suicide terrorism and it fuels the Al-Qaida propaganda & recruiting efforts. As president, I will stop unwanted occupation and ill-advised nation building worldwide.
· Extremist & militants exist worldwide. Iraq is not the central theater in the war on terror because terrorists do not fight conventional wars with theaters & campaigns. Anyone who tries to sell this to the American public is either foolish or lying.
3. The President of the United States job is to defend against all threats to our nation, not just terrorism from a specific group
· Communist China & Russia are on the rise. The cold war was won because our wise leaders kept America’s national defense strong.
· As president, I would never weaken our armed forces by committing them to decades long nation building in hostile countries.
· We must not allow our military and our treasury to bleed empty fighting a single group of people who threaten our security.
· To keep America’s defense strong, we must keep our economy strong. We are mortgaging our future security by borrowing trillions from foreign states and risk economic & military collapse. As President, I will slash federal spending and eliminate our dependence on these communist nations.

Secondary importance is to win over skeptics & fence sitters who believe the "Ron Paul can't win" myth.
- Fund your own respected 3rd party, scientific, online polling research (zogby)
- focus on the segmet of voters who know of Ron Paul & other candidates well
- focus on voters who can't be reached by landline polls
- measure all potential voters in open primary states (not just republican & leaners)

We need hard evidence to dispel the "can't win" myth. Online polls is not enough.

Thirds importance is to win over more independents: Explain how & why private healthcare works. Explain federal laws that create corporate largesse hurt our healthcare system. Roll out the details of your healthcare plan!

jj111
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
How about this healthcare plan: Ron will turn the White House into a labor and delivery center?

austin356
09-13-2007, 11:59 PM
For the record, here are the notes I typed up this afternoon and gave to Mr. Snyder. If Ron Paul uses any of this in a speech in the future, I will quit my job as a software developer and become a full time speech writer :-D
---------
Suggestions based on sticking points I've run into while speaking to independants & republicans

Primary importance to win the Republican primary: Pro-actively state what you will do as President for National Defense (opposed to saying what Bush & the neocons are doing wrong)

1. As President, America will fight smarter against terrorists like Al-Qaida
· Human Intelligence gathering and Special Forces are our best tools against international terrorist forces. Conventional armies are not suited nor should they be used for fighting suicide terrorism.
· A secure border is vital in our defense against terrorism. As president, I will secure our borders. No excuses, No delays.
· Interior security is crucial in our defense against terrorism. We need to encourage & enable private institutions to secure private property. We cannot give up our freedoms and completely rely on a heavy-handed, national police force for our security. The FBI must partner with the private sector to truly secure our homeland in a constitutional, American manner.
2. Terrorism is a worldwide threat, we focus too many resources in the Middle East at our own peril
· Occupation is major contributing factor to suicide terrorism and it fuels the Al-Qaida propaganda & recruiting efforts. As president, I will stop unwanted occupation and ill-advised nation building worldwide.
· Extremist & militants exist worldwide. Iraq is not the central theater in the war on terror because terrorists do not fight conventional wars with theaters & campaigns. Anyone who tries to sell this to the American public is either foolish or lying.
3. The President of the United States job is to defend against all threats to our nation, not just terrorism from a specific group
· Communist China & Russia are on the rise. The cold war was won because our wise leaders kept America’s national defense strong.
· As president, I would never weaken our armed forces by committing them to decades long nation building in hostile countries.
· We must not allow our military and our treasury to bleed empty fighting a single group of people who threaten our security.
· To keep America’s defense strong, we must keep our economy strong. We are mortgaging our future security by borrowing trillions from foreign states and risk economic & military collapse. As President, I will slash federal spending and eliminate our dependence on these communist nations.

Secondary importance is to win over skeptics & fence sitters who believe the "Ron Paul can't win" myth.
- Fund your own respected 3rd party, scientific, online polling research (zogby)
- focus on the segmet of voters who know of Ron Paul & other candidates well
- focus on voters who can't be reached by landline polls
- measure all potential voters in open primary states (not just republican & leaners)

We need hard evidence to dispel the "can't win" myth. Online polls is not enough.

Thirds importance is to win over more independents: Explain how & why private healthcare works. Explain federal laws that create corporate largesse hurt our healthcare system. Roll out the details of your healthcare plan!

I am glad you gave it to him; and Someone at one of the South Bay events is one of the few "supporters" who will be listened too.

If he comes to the South he should work in these talking points.