RonPaulFanInGA
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Just curious.

ihsv
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
About what?

Kludge
02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I take "climate change" to mean the natural changes in climate based on historical cycles, and believe it exists based on "experts'" graphs.

Young Paleocon
02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I take the road that we may have some impact to what extent i don't know, but the earth's climate is cyclical and is determined by many natural things. Hell we had a 800 year mini ice age due to the North Atlantic current changing.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
To paraphrase Bill Clinton 'Its the Sun, stupid!' Man's impact on the climate is negligible. Its the Sun's magnetosphere interacting with the Earth's magnetosphere that is the driver behind ALOT of what happens on our planet (not just climate).

MRoCkEd
02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I think humans caused it by breathing too much

Young Paleocon
02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Nope it's cow farts, thats why we need the EPA to tax every head of cattle for $185 so the government can make our country more climate friendly.

newbitech
02-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Global Warming is an elitist meme that has trickled all the way down to the grassroots.

Load of Hooey!

LibForestPaul
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
You should of added...

Good for mankind
or
Bad for mankind

I vote bring on the warming!!! :)

Truth Warrior
02-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Terrestrial Atmosphere
Surface pressure: 1014 mb
Surface density: 1.217 kg/m3
Scale height: 8.5 km
Total mass of atmosphere: 5.1 x 1018 kg
Total mass of hydrosphere: 1.4 x 1021 kg
Average temperature: 288 K (15 C)
Diurnal temperature range: 283 K to 293 K (10 to 20 C)
Wind speeds: 0 to 100 m/s
Mean molecular weight: 28.97 g/mole
Atmospheric composition (by volume, dry air):
Major : 78.084% Nitrogen (N2), 20.946% Oxygen (O2),
Minor (ppm): Argon (Ar) - 9340; Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 380
Neon (Ne) - 18.18; Helium (He) - 5.24; CH4 - 1.7
Krypton (Kr) - 1.14; Hydrogen (H2) - 0.55
Water is highly variable, typically makes up about 1%
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/earthfact.html (http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/earthfact.html)

Hiki
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Climate changes all the time, so yes it's true but man's effect on it is imo very small.

ClayTrainor
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I used to work in a weather office at CYQG airport, as a "Contract Weather Observer".

I knew many weather professionals in my field, atmospheric scientists, climatologists, ice observers, meteorologists, etc. I worked with "Environment Canada"

I personally have seen no convincing evidence that Man-made c02 is causing any of the climate change in our environment. Some of my co-workers disagreed with me but many also agreed.

Basically, in my experience in the weather industry, the debate was still very much on. i'm not going to say GW is a complete scam, there are some credible arguments but, the validity of the doomsday scenario, is a bit of a joke to me.

paulitics
02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I used to work in a weather office at CYQG airport, as a "Contract Weather Observer".

I knew many weather professionals in my field, atmospheric scientists, climatologists, ice observers, meteorologists, etc. I worked with "Environment Canada"

I personally have seen no convincing evidence that Man-made c02 is causing any of the climate change in our environment. Some of my co-workers disagreed with me but many also agreed.

Basically, in my experience in the weather industry, the debate was still very much on. i'm not going to say GW is a complete scam, there are some credible arguments but, the validity of the doomsday scenario, is a bit of a joke to me.

I noticed that the majority of meteoroligists don't believe the lie, but the majority of climatologists do. It's amazing because one group is getting paid by the government for their opinion and the other is not. I wonder which one of the two has a bias.

Crash Martinez
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM
I'm cold.

gls
02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm cold.

Hundreds Attend Global Warming Protest

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ln7r5z.jpg

Crash Martinez
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Hundreds Attend Global Warming Protest

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ln7r5z.jpg

haha!! Looks like someone's been to Syracuse! :cool:

mconder
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Your a bunch of Holocaust deniers!

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I noticed that the majority of meteoroligists don't believe the lie, but the majority of climatologists do. It's amazing because one group is getting paid by the government for their opinion and the other is not. I wonder which one of the two has a bias.

There is also the fact that Meteorologists generally use Scientific Method (direct observation) while Climatologists use Mathematical Method (computer simulation). The former is Science and generally sound while the latter is biased in whatever direction the algorithm is set (such as Michael Mann's fraudulent 'Hockey Stick' algorithm that was discovered to always produce a hockey stick shape).

Danke
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
To paraphrase Bill Clinton 'Its the Sun, stupid!' Man's impact on the climate is negligible. Its the Sun's magnetosphere interacting with the Earth's magnetosphere that is the driver behind ALOT of what happens on our planet (not just climate).

http://www.okieonthelam.com/wp-content/images/angryAl.jpg

Monolithic
02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
in my opinion it doesn't matter if it is man made or not, we should still be working to stop pumping out so much carbon dioxide because that shit is making the oceans acidic

youngbuck
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
LOL, I love some of the replies in the thread. Entertaining...

Yes, climate change exists. There are periods of warming, and periods of cooling. We are now starting to enter a period of cooling.

Of course that was caused by the previous period of supposed warming though. It's all about the warming when you boil it down.

dannno
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
in my opinion it doesn't matter if it is man made or not, we should still be working to stop pumping out so much carbon dioxide because that shit is making the oceans acidic

Ya, that's what I'm worried about.. CO2 is fine for the atmosphere, it's great for trees, but the ocean and it's creatures seem to not be liking it so much, based on what I've read.

pcosmar
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM

WTF, :confused::eek:

OMG , that is so ridiculous I don't even know where to begin.

I vote for Hooey

pcosmar
02-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Global Warming?

http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/photos/photogallery/89_winter_driveway.jpeg

Looking forward to it. :cool:

Xenophage
02-06-2009, 03:00 PM
There's another option that wasn't included in the poll: Real, but only partially man's fault.

lucynuts
02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
A new theory has been developed that is more acurately predicting global warming and cooling periods and deals primarily with the solar activity of the sun. In short the more solar activity the warmer it gets and the less solar activity the cooler it gets. Currently more research is being done by CERN in an experiment that looks at cosmic rays, clouds and climate. In the past it has been found that cosmic rays consisting of charged particles react with the atmosphere causing aerosols (tiny particles suspended in the air that seed cloud droplets). These cloud droplets formed by the reaction of cosmic charged particles and the atmosphere increase the amount of global cloud coverage. As a result of the increased global cloud coverage the mean temperature of the Earth decreases causing global cooling. However during times of high solar activity the amount of cosmic rays entering Earth's atmosphere dramatically reduces which in turn causes less cloud coverage and as a result global warming. Here is the CERN article on the experiment.

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/spotlight/SpotlightCloud-en.html.

In order to see the cosmic rays react you must look into a cloud chamber, which is just a container filled with a cloud,
here is a video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuzWNOUqLmQ.

The lines that form in the clouds are actually cosmic particles which oddly enough are tiny enough to pass straight through the Earth and consist of protons, alpha particles and beta minus particles.

This theory has been proven to be more accurate as it explains why carbon dioxide levels increase only after temperature has increased and decrease only after temperature has decreased, a time chart plotting the two will show this. This is because at higher temperatures more carbon dioxide can diffuse out of bodies of water and at cooler temperatures more carbon dioxide can diffuse back into water. (Side note 2/3 of the Earth is covered in oceans) Just as all of the cells of our body produce carbon dioxide which is carried out through veins and then diffuses out of the blood in the lungs as we begin to exhale. The theory also explains why the temperature of the troposphere is much lower than would be predicted by the theory of carbon dioxide driven global warming. Also it is important to note that temperature increases on Earth happen after increased solar activity and temperature decreases on Earth occur after decreased solar activity, a chart plotting the two with respect to time will show this.

Of course carbon dioxide is a green house gas but only 3-4 % is man made.
The list of green house gasses include:
Water vapor (H2O)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Methane (CH4)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)
Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6)
Chlorinated fluorocarbons (CFC's)

It is important to note that Methane is as much as 10 times more effective in trapping in heat within the atmosphere as carbon dioxide and the large abundance of methane is produced by natural animal emissions (so stop farting (lol)). It is also important to understand that cosmic ray induced global warming and carbon dioxide induced global warming are simply theories and will only last until a better theory comes about. Remember a theory can never be proven 100% but only disproven when better theories come about and as one theory is decidedly more accurate in making predictions than another it becomes adopted by society and the cycle continues forever (in theory (lol)).

However too many seem to take the prevention of global warming to extreme measures even the UN imposes sanctions on third world nations urging them not to develop however this causes an area of extreme controversity. The price of third world nations not being allowed to develop causes high death rates in children as well as a lower expected age of death in adults. The libertarian side of me already wants out of the UN and this just furthers my frustration with global organizations. What right is it of first world nations telling third world nations not to develop, not to use your resources, not to have running water or electricity, it utterly sickens me. Further whether or not global warming is man made how can any government attempt to regulate the emmisions of carbon dioxide or methane for that matter without taking the form of a tyrannical nanny state. Recently an article in the British Medical Journal suggests that a limit of two children per family should be adopted to combat global warming.

Link
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2454215/Limit-families-to-two-children-'to-combat-climate-change'.html

In closing arguments, everyone should understand both theories and decide for yourself. I have made the conclusion that cosmic ray induced global warming makes more sense to me but that may not be the case for you (so as libertarians believe) do, say, or believe in whatever you want.

For referenence on the two theories watch

-The Great Global Warming Swindle
which can be seen in a video at the bottom of the below link
http://www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com/

or watch

-An Inconvenient Truth

weirman
02-08-2009, 09:55 AM
global warming is actually an incorrect way to label this issue, industry based climate change would be more accurate.

This is the only issue with Ron Paul, IMO, his system of ideals really does not favor an environmental perspective. Capatalism and our marketplace does not care about the environment, only marginal gain. For states rights and individual liberties, Dr. Paul is dead on... but what one must not forget is that when our founding fathers wrote the constitution, there was zero consideration for the natural environment and lets face it, we live in a time where industry has almost reached its carrying capacity and we do need become more sustainable. Sustainable refering to the entire spectrum, the environment, the economy, public policies, state policies, etc. .... in order to continue our lifestyle and preserve the systematic freedoms for future genrations, we allocate the market from solely relaying on finite resources.

Its a hard issue because the earth has been going through cycles and a lot worse things than the overall temperature going up 1.5' F. This is true and I can see how easy it is to take that side to a) avoid feeling responsibility or b) actually change. But it is naive on our part to think that we don't affect the planet.

Cheers

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 10:10 AM
global warming is actually an incorrect way to label this issue, industry based climate change would be more accurate.

This is the only issue with Ron Paul, IMO, his system of ideals really does not favor an environmental perspective. Capatalism and our marketplace does not care about the environment, only marginal gain. For states rights and individual liberties, Dr. Paul is dead on... but what one must not forget is that when our founding fathers wrote the constitution, there was zero consideration for the natural environment and lets face it, we live in a time where industry has almost reached its carrying capacity and we do need become more sustainable. Sustainable refering to the entire spectrum, the environment, the economy, public policies, state policies, etc. .... in order to continue our lifestyle and preserve the systematic freedoms for future genrations, we allocate the market from solely relaying on finite resources.

Its a hard issue because the earth has been going through cycles and a lot worse things than the overall temperature going up 1.5' F. This is true and I can see how easy it is to take that side to a) avoid feeling responsibility or b) actually change. But it is naive on our part to think that we don't affect the planet.

Cheers

I am guessing that you have been brainwashed by the UN Agenda 21 Global Government Propaganda.
Your post is laced with repeatable "buzz" words.
Sustainable Development= One World Govt. run by the "enlightened" few.

werdd
02-08-2009, 10:11 AM
The earth has collectively cooled over the past 10 years.

The_Orlonater
02-08-2009, 10:24 AM

http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/5205.aspx

Watch this series of videos, please. :)

weirman
02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
no you idiot... lets break this down

sus·tain·a·ble (s-stn-bl)
adj.
1. Capable of being sustained.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sustainable

first off, I'm not talking about a global government, but now that your bring it up, you can't even have a global government without the environment.

but I am talking about our economy and policies... and about the last 10 years, wow, the earth has been around billions of years, humans for thousands of years, if that were the case, which it is not, that is not enough time to determine anything. Actually, if you look at data from the last 100 years, it is more obvious that the temperature is increasing at such a rate that coincides with the growth of the global economy.

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
no you idiot... lets break this down

sus·tain·a·ble (s-stn-bl)
adj.
1. Capable of being sustained.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sustainable

first off, I'm not talking about a global government, but now that your bring it up, you can't even have a global government without the environment.

but I am talking about our economy and policies... and about the last 10 years, wow, the earth has been around billions of years, humans for thousands of years, if that were the case, which it is not, that is not enough time to determine anything. Actually, if you look at data from the last 100 years, it is more obvious that the temperature is increasing at such a rate that coincides with the growth of the global economy.

Bullshit, and more bullshit.

It may look true from a view form the inner city, and some writing by "so called" experts.
I have traveled this land from coast to coast, up and down. and have seen some ( a small part) of the larger world.

Bullshit

2 posts and I'm an idiot? Yeah OK.

weirman
02-08-2009, 10:54 AM
ok ok ...

sorry i called you an idiot. but it is too easy to just to say bullshit.

I don't know where you have this inner city idea from, but I live in Vermont and have seen this country up and down, and seeing the country is exactly why I am worried.

this is not a matter of government controlling our lives, this is about us being responsible for our actions and understanding that we actually impact the natural environment.

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Some more information to consider.
http://www.amerikanexpose.com/agenda21/
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1335656/posts

I keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Bill O’Reilly or Shaun Hannity or Oprah Winfrey or somebody…..anybody, who has daily access to the multitudes, to say the words, “Agenda 21.” I’m still waiting, and for the life of me, I don’t understand the refusal to talk about the greatest threat to America that has ever existed. However, it dawns on me that wrapping a brain around Agenda 21 requires time, effort, interest, and a lot diligence. No one told me about Agenda 21. I found it by accident on the Internet. Then I went to the U.N.’s website and read Agenda 21. From there I went to Buenos Aires, The President’s Commission of Sustainable Development, my local sustainable development commissions and planners, to local visioning commissions, ecology conglomerates, and then back to the U.N.. After about six months of reading about a whole lot of global, national, and philanthropic organizations, I started documenting and keeping running lists because, I discovered, Agenda 21 was huge, highly developed, and a done deal. “How is it,” I asked myself, “that in 50 years, I never heard of any of this before? Where were my trusted newscasters? And why hasn’t my President, or the previous Presidents, ever talked about Agenda 21, the meetings in Buenos Aires, and Agenda 21’s connections to the World Trade Organization, World Bank, and a thousand other global organizations?”

So, I kept researching the Net. And lo and behold, I finally realized that Agenda 21 would never be publicized to Americans. It really can’t be.

There is so much information available and so many sites that go into the Junk science of Global warming theories that I am not going to start posting links here. They are posted elsewhere in a hundred threads on the subject.
It is Junk science at best. In a word Bullshit.

weirman
02-08-2009, 12:19 PM
show me

please...

i can give just as many that will show you the other perspective.

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 12:28 PM
show me

please...

Ahh,,,,
NO

Been done to death, Use the search function.

The_Orlonater
02-08-2009, 01:07 PM
show me

please...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk8SSqc7ekM&feature=channel_page

Here is one.

weirman
02-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Ahh,,,,
NO

Been done to death, Use the search function.

...ok your right...our actions do not affect anything, smart thinking...

weirman
02-08-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU-bVSAhw8

http://www.chrisjordan.com/

.... America consumes 5,000,000 plastic bottles every 5 minutes EVERY DAY!!!

I have no idea if Global Cilmate Change is real or not, but I do know that we over consume to the most extreme degree and industry is extremly inefficient and dirty.

believe what you want about global warming, but you idealistic views are naive to think our actions have no consequences.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cU-bVSAhw8

http://www.chrisjordan.com/

.... America consumes 5,000,000 plastic bottles every 5 minutes EVERY DAY!!!

I have no idea if Global Cilmate Change is real or not, but I do know that we over consume to the most extreme degree and industry is extremly inefficient and dirty.

believe what you want about global warming, but you idealistic views are naive to think our actions have no consequences.

Umm...you do realise that Plastic is merely a polymer of Hydrocarbons, don't you? Its ORGANIC. Basically its the same stuff as we are (we are organic because we are a CARBON-based lifeform). This shit exists inside the Earth in a slightly different form, but its still essentially carbon.

weirman
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
no plastic is not organic....

you talk to any organic farmer, they will tell you the polar opposite.
Of course it is comprised of natural elements and OM (organic matter), but it is altered by man.

Show me a plastic tree and I'll say it's organic...

Anyway, thats not what those links were meant to do, they just illustrate how our country over consumes and is more wasteful than any other country in the world.

ps. you are not organic, unless you don't eat any bullshit processed food, take bullshit medicine, eat 100% organic non genetically modified food ... you are not organic, our body has built up toxins that we absorb everyday, some organic some altered or created by humans ...aka NON ORGANIC

RevolutionSD
02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
It's complete hooey. In fact, the earth is no longer even warming anymore. It's in a cooling trend. This is why the Al Gore disciples had to change it to "climate change".

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 02:55 PM
ps. you are not organic, unless you don't eat any bullshit processed food, take bullshit medicine, eat 100% organic non genetically modified food ... you are not organic, our body has built up toxins that we absorb everyday, some organic some altered or created by humans ...aka NON ORGANIC

Yup, I grew up on Dioxins and PCBs. Had DDT soaked jelly for breakfast.
I have been soaked in Chlordane and had a steady diet of urethane,Poly urethane and Methyl-Ethel Ketones for years. Listing all the substances run through my system would take volumes.
And I smoke.
At 51 yrs, I am still out every day splitting wood to keep my house warm.
I dare say some much younger folks would have a hard time keeping up.;)

Yes we do waste a lot of stuff. I think the coming depression will make a lot of folks waste less.

weirman
02-08-2009, 03:00 PM
fuck al gore...

you don't even have any back up, all you say no, bullshit.....

this is not a political debate people, this isn't about corrupt government, or our personal freedoms.... this is about a natural environment that we all share and all sustain life from. Its the rate at which we consume goods that causes the issues, its how far the resources have to travel to make retail distribution, its what energy sources are powring our homes, running/filtering our water, growing our food. Everything in life that we take for granted is in jeopardy based on our actions and the easy, selfish, narrowminded, vain act is just shrug your shoulders in acceptance.

....you people come on here and talk about our heroes, the founding fathers questioned what was being told.... you guys are arent questioning those who are saying its fake. YOu accept it just like all the people you talk about on here who are zombies to government opression.

I think you cannot actually accept that our massive world population has a drastic effect on the natural environment... its very sad.

RevolutionSD
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
fuck al gore...

you don't even have any back up, all you say no, bullshit.....

this is not a political debate people, this isn't about corrupt government, or our personal freedoms.... this is about a natural environment that we all share and all sustain life from. Its the rate at which we consume goods that causes the issues, its how far the resources have to travel to make retail distribution, its what energy sources are powring our homes, running/filtering our water, growing our food. Everything in life that we take for granted is in jeopardy based on our actions and the easy, selfish, narrowminded, vain act is just shrug your shoulders in acceptance.

....you people come on here and talk about our heroes, the founding fathers questioned what was being told.... you guys are arent questioning those who are saying its fake. YOu accept it just like all the people you talk about on here who are zombies to government opression.

I think you cannot actually accept that our massive world population has a drastic effect on the natural environment... its very sad.

You may want to watch The Great Global Warming Swindle, free on google video. Lots of facts presented, you decide what to believe.

weirman
02-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Yup, I grew up on Dioxins and PCBs. Had DDT soaked jelly for breakfast.
I have been soaked in Chlordane and had a steady diet of urethane,Poly urethane and Methyl-Ethel Ketones for years. Listing all the substances run through my system would take volumes.
And I smoke.
At 51 yrs, I am still out every day splitting wood to keep my house warm.
I dare say some much younger folks would have a hard time keeping up.;)

Yes we do waste a lot of stuff. I think the coming depression will make a lot of folks waste less.

thats good. i cut wood for my house too and Im only 21. and its good that you stay active, that is another issue, obesity.

... and its funny to joke about what harmful things are practically forced down our throats daily, but it is an issue. I am in no way trying to tell you how to live.

BUt at the rate were going, and the fact that our economy/lifestyle revolves around finite resources... we need to think about how much we consume.

weirman
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
You may want to watch The Great Global Warming Swindle, free on google video. Lots of facts presented, you decide what to believe.

you may want to watch the video responses to that film.

... I have heard the same story, natural cycles, warming trends, cooling trends... all this is not questioned by GW advocates. All their saying is that the massive rate of consumption and industrial productivity increases the rate in which these natural cycles are occuring. period.

lucynuts
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Global climate change is caused by the sun of which we have no control and an extremly small percentage of climate change can be attributed to man. I would simply suggest anyone to understand the current theories on climate change and on the third page of this thread you will see a lengthy post discussing it by me.

http://www.eaas.co.uk/astro_photos/Sun/features/Sun_and_earth_cme.jpg

RevolutionSD
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
you may want to watch the video responses to that film.

... I have heard the same story, natural cycles, warming trends, cooling trends... all this is not questioned by GW advocates. All their saying is that the massive rate of consumption and industrial productivity increases the rate in which these natural cycles are occuring. period.

the GW theory is based on increases in CO2 causing warming in the air, but the true fact is that throughout recorded history, increases in temperature always preceding increases in Co2. Pretty hard to get around that one.

Also if you look at just how the theory of Global Warming came about, it gets traced back to researchers at UC San Diego wanting to get more funding. Follow the (grant) money. There's a great article by the founder of the Weather Channel about this, I can post if you'd like to read it.

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 03:14 PM

Ease off kid.
First this subject has been debated to death on this forum for almost 2 years.
Nothing New. You have NO new points, nothing but the same whiny bullshit that has been debunked by several notable scientists and is even been dropped by the Global Warming crowd.
They now call it climate change. The Climate Has always been changing. Big Woop.
Pollution has always been a factor, since the dawn of man.
The Great Lakes are a good example. When I was in High School Lake Erie was DEAD. You could walk on it. It caught fire.
It is now cleaned up and supporting life. Folks fish in it.

Relax.

weirman
02-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I did read it, and I found many flaws.

what does that have to do with how us, HUMANS, ...billions of billions of humans over consuming.. nothing. if you just read what I just said, you would see that I agree. The earth does have natural cycles that include the extreme heating and cooling periods. So our earth is experiencing these changes natrually ON TOP of all the pollutants we excrete. The combination of the two makes it a more serious issue.

weirman
02-08-2009, 03:20 PM
I understand this could go in circles... but thats only because nobody is willing to listen to one another without bias. its impossible. Really you have no idea whats going to happen, and neither do I.

but again, none of anything you said has anything to do with consumption.

pcosmar
02-08-2009, 03:33 PM
I understand this could go in circles... but thats only because nobody is willing to listen to one another without bias. its impossible. Really you have no idea whats going to happen, and neither do I.

but again, none of anything you said has anything to do with consumption.

The Sky is Falling
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/kex46v.jpg

Austin
02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
weirman, what do you suggest be done about our consumption problem?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
nt

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-08-2009, 05:51 PM
no plastic is not organic....

you talk to any organic farmer, they will tell you the polar opposite.
Of course it is comprised of natural elements and OM (organic matter), but it is altered by man.

Show me a plastic tree and I'll say it's organic...

Anyway, thats not what those links were meant to do, they just illustrate how our country over consumes and is more wasteful than any other country in the world.

Wow, thats a right good Public Education you got. Might want to actually learn something cause you apparently don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Did you not pay attention in Chemistry class, or were you simply not present when they discussed Carbon. Epic fucking Fail.

Organic chemistry, that which treats of the substances which form the structure of organized beings and their products, whether animal or vegetable; -- called also chemistry of the carbon compounds.

Even if we go with the bullshit theory that oil is made from dead Dinosaurs, its still fucking ORGANIC! Hydrocarbons contain Carbon and DiHydrogenMonOxide. Plastic, as I said, is a polymer of Hydrocarbon.