PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER tax evader nominee? WTF?

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-02-05-solis-husband-taxes_N.htm

"WASHINGTON — The husband of President Obama's Labor secretary nominee paid about $6,400 Wednesday to settle tax liens that had been outstanding for as long as 16 years against his business, the Obama administration told USA TODAY this afternoon.
The disclosure came shortly before a scheduled 2 p.m. meeting of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, which will vote on Rep. Hilda Solis' nomination as labor secretary. The hearing was postponed; no reason was immediately revealed."

Uh...probably because it's becoming VERY CLEAR that the politically connected don't have to pay their goddamned taxes and THEY GET AWAY WITH IT FOR FUCKING DECADES.

If that was you or me, we'd be UNDER the frikken jail.

TWO SETS OF LAWS - one for the politically connected AND ONE FOR THE REST OF US.

:mad::mad::mad:

I'm a bit ticked off...can ya tell?

dsentell
02-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Ticked off . . . Yeah, you AND me, MsD!

For them, it is all just a little error, no problem. For us, it would be tax evasion. Yes, we would be under the jail and everything that we own would be confiscated.

Not only do they get away with it, but some actually benefit because of or inspite of their failure to pay their taxes ---- Geithner comes to mind . . .

There are definitely two sets of rules/laws in the country. One for the "too big to fails", which includes not only Wall Street and the banks but politicians as well. And an second set of rules for us "too small to save" . . . .

Truth Warrior
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Geez, what a selfish bastard, trying and wanting to keep his own money rather than giving it to me. ;) :D

rpfan2008
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
This is all stupid shit...rigged game...SCRIPTED stuff!!!

All this dirt came out only because they WANTED to...Obama is sending signals to the people that he maynot be as honest as they expected him to be..or maybe worse in some cases, it's just a psyops , 'softening up' the masses for what lies ahead!!!

Don't worry, the end result will be exactly what you have guessed.

sluggo
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Even though I made very little money in 2008, I am now being shaken down for 1200 dollars in Federal taxes.

Perhaps my Senator will let me slide? I mean, no one in government pays taxes. Does that mean we can decide whether we feel like paying or not?

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Geez, what a selfish bastard, trying and wanting to keep his own money rather than giving it to me. ;) :D

I'm totally AGAINST taxes, TW, you should know that.

It's the goddamned HYPOCRISY that is so frikken INFURIATING.

:mad:

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Even though I made very little money in 2008, I am now being shaken down for 1200 dollars in Federal taxes.

Perhaps my Senator will let me slide? I mean, no one in government pays taxes. Does that mean we can decide whether we feel like paying or not?

NOOOOO!!!!

If you or I don't pay, we will be jailed and if we resist that, the state will do what it always does - escalate until they get to kill us.

:mad::mad::mad:

Truth Warrior
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm totally AGAINST taxes, TW, you should know that.

It's the goddamned HYPOCRISY that is so frikken INFURIATING.

:mad: Yep, I understand and agree COMPLETELY. ;) Just havin' some fun with the always goofy hypocrisy in and of the "system". :D

pacelli
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Evidently it is pretty easy to make a mistake and not pay your taxes, and not have any consequences. Just say you've made a mistake if you are called on it in the future and pay what you owe.

If I had any income, I'd pay income taxes. But since I have no income, I can't make any mistakes. However I expect that I might end up making some mistakes in the future. I think I'll start memorizing Geithner's defense in front of the confirmation committee since it is now a matter of law, and public record. I think the confirmation of Geithner set a legal precedent.

sratiug
02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I think I'll start memorizing Geithner's defense in front of the confirmation committee since it is now a matter of law, and public record. I think the confirmation of Geithner set a legal precedent.:D

hillbilly123069
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
It's civil disobedience.

pacelli
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
It's civil disobedience.

No, the more mistakes I make on paying my taxes, the more obedient I am to the "change" this administration wants to give to the nation.

Hail to the chief! ;):p

sevin
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
This is all stupid shit...rigged game...SCRIPTED stuff!!!

All this dirt came out only because they WANTED to...Obama is sending signals to the people that he maynot be as honest as they expected him to be..or maybe worse in some cases, it's just a psyops , 'softening up' the masses for what lies ahead!!!

Don't worry, the end result will be exactly what you have guessed.

please elaborate

pacelli
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Remember, if one mistake is good, then two mistakes must be twice as good. :)

Truth Warrior
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Remember, if one mistake is good, then two mistakes must be twice as good. :)

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." -- Groucho Marx

boethius27
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I can now officially begin saying "I told you so" to all of my obama supporting "friends". Sigh.

wow, I hate this guy.

idiom
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
OooBs! He did it again, he played with your vote, got lost in the game, Obama Baby!

He's not that innocent.

RSLudlum
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I can now officially begin saying "I told you so" to all of my obama supporting "friends". Sigh.

wow, I hate this guy.

Don't forget to tell your friends to make sure they don't 'cheat' like all his (Obama's) buddies have because they might not be so lucky when the IRS comes knocking on their door! ;)