PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Introduces Kill The Fed Res Corporation HR833!!

Glenn
02-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Anybody posted this yet? Got mine from
http://www.resistnet.com/profiles/blogs/ron-paul-inrotduces-kill-the

Dr.
Paul introduces HR 833
Written by Mike VonastenMike Vonasten
Last Updated: February 4th, 2009

RestoreTheRepublic. com

The Ron Paul movement swept the nation in 2007 and 2008 leaving a trail of well informed citizens in its wake. We all worked hard for the campaign, whether you stood on an over pass with a sign, handed out literature or screamed at the top of your lungs. The campaign did well. 1.2 million votes for the Good Doctor. We all received a taste of what it feels like to become true activists for a true cause.

The Good Doctor needs your help again.

Dr. Ron Paul has introduced HR 833 into congress entitled: To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes.

The bill has been introduced and referred to committee on Monday Feb. 3rd. Currently the bill does not have co-sponsors.

According to GovTrack. us, “This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee.

This is where we as American citizens come into play. Americans that are interested in preserving liberty and restoring our republic to it’s constitutional roots need to contact our Representatives in Congress to push them into co-sponsoring this bill.

This bill will be the only saving grace to our faltered economy.

Below is a transcript of Dr. Ron Paul introducing this bill in front of Congress.

RestoreTheRepublic. com will keep you updated on the Bill’s progress.

To contact you Congressman/woman, dial the D.C.
switchboard at (202) 224-3121 or find your Representatives info at www. House. gov.

————————————————————————————————————–

Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act Statement
Hon.
Ron Paul

Madame Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America’s economy by
abolishing the Federal Reserve.
Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class
Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy.
In addition, most Americans
have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary
policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the current economic crisis caused by
the housing bubble, every economic downturn suffered by this country over the past century can be
traced to Federal Reserve policy.
The Fed has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy
with easy money, leading to a misallocation of resources and an artificial “boom” followed by a
recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts.

With a stable currency, American exporters will no longer be held hostage to an erratic monetary
policy.
Stabilizing the currency will also give Americans new incentives to save as they will no longer
have to fear inflation eroding their savings.
Those members concerned about increasing America’s
exports or the low rate of savings should be enthusiastic supporters of this legislation.

Though the Federal Reserve policy harms the average American, it benefits those in a position to take
advantage of the cycles in monetary policy.
The main beneficiaries are those who receive access to
artificially inflated money and/or credit before the inflationary effects of the policy impact the entire
economy.
Federal Reserve policies also benefit big spending politicians who use the inflated currency
created by the Fed to hide the true costs of the welfare-warfare state.
It is time for Congress to put the
interests of the American people ahead of special interests and their own appetite for big government.

Abolishing the Federal Reserve will allow Congress to reassert its constitutional authority over
monetary policy.
The United States Constitution grants to Congress the authority to coin money and
regulate the value of the currency.
The Constitution does not give Congress the authority to delegate
control over monetary policy to a central bank.
Furthermore, the Constitution certainly does not
empower the federal government to erode the American standard of living via an inflationary monetary
policy.

In fact, Congress’ constitutional mandate regarding monetary policy should only permit currency
backed by stable commodities such as silver and gold to be used as legal tender.
Therefore, abolishing
the Federal Reserve and returning to a constitutional system will enable America to return to the type of
monetary system envisioned by our nation’s founders: one where the value of money is consistent
because it is tied to a commodity such as gold.
Such a monetary system is the basis of a true free-
market economy.

In conclusion, Mr.
Speaker, I urge my colleagues to stand up for working Americans by putting an end
to the manipulation of the money supply which erodes Americans’ standard of living, enlarges big
government, and enriches well-connected elites, by cosponsoring my legislation to abolish the Federal
Reserve.

Mesogen
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Any cosponsors?

(That's a rhetorical question.)

zach
02-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Wow. I wonder how well this will go.

It'll be interesting.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
He introduces a bill to kill the FED, EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Uriel999
02-05-2009, 02:00 PM

persistence! :D

sluggo
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Is that the same as this:

https://secure.downsizedc.org/etp/campaigns/108 ?

HOLLYWOOD
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Here's a better link:

http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400311_ronald_paul

good detailed info

american.swan
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM

One of these years, just maybe, he'll get a co-sponsor. And one of these years, it might just reach the house floor for a vote. Keep keeping on Ron. We're behind you.

Michael Landon
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
I just received my Congressman's response.

Here it is:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your expression of support for the abolishment of the Federal Reserve. I appreciate hearing from you.

On February 3, 2009, Representative Ron Paul introduced the Federal Reserve Abolition Act (H.R. 883). This legislation would eliminate the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and each federal reserve bank. The legislation is awaiting consideration by the House Committee on Financial Services.

Rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should I have an opportunity to vote on this legislation.

With best wishes.
Sincerely,
James L. Oberstar, M.C.

I'm pretty sure this means that he thinks he'll never have the opportunity to vote on it.

- ML

tggroo7
02-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I just received my Congressman's response.

Here it is:

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Thank you for your expression of support for the abolishment of the Federal Reserve. I appreciate hearing from you.

On February 3, 2009, Representative Ron Paul introduced the Federal Reserve Abolition Act (H.R. 883). This legislation would eliminate the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and each federal reserve bank. The legislation is awaiting consideration by the House Committee on Financial Services.

Rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should I have an opportunity to vote on this legislation.

With best wishes.
Sincerely,
James L. Oberstar, M.C.

I'm pretty sure this means that he thinks he'll never have the opportunity to vote on it.

- ML

Is abolishment a word??? Wtf? I believe the word is "abolition." lol

And wouldn't Kucinich co-sponsor this?

yaz
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I just called my congressman to support it.