PDA

View Full Version : Today's Ron Pauling

wgadget
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Today I had to run into the Dollar General. I'm wearing my Ron Paul Hope For America 2008 shirt, of course.

As soon as I went through the door, an older gentleman with a Panama hat said, "*I* know Ron Paul!" He was positively gleeful. Then he started talking loudly about how he used to follow Ron Paul, because he's the one that wants to go back to the gold standard. About how he did an investigation (?) into Fort Knox. He asked me if I knew about that...I said no, but I'd believe it.

Then I had the pleasure of telling him that he's RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT....NOW! He was thrilled, especially when I handed him a Liberty card from my purse. I told him to tell all his friends. When I got back to my car, my only regret was that I hadn't the foresight to give him some bumper stickers.

My goal is to tell somebody about RP every time I go out. This was fun, because in this case somebody told ME.

born2drv
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Good job, but I'm completely astounded people still have no idea he's running for president, EVEN PEOPLE THAT KNOW HIM!!! Sheesh!!! :) Just goes to show you we have a lot of work ahead of us. Hopefully the bottom tier candidates will thin out a little and media will pick up for Paul.

wgadget
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Something tells me this guy falls into the never-used-the-internet category. How in the world do we reach those voters?

paulitics
09-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Good job, but I'm completely astounded people still have no idea he's running for president, EVEN PEOPLE THAT KNOW HIM!!! Sheesh!!! :) Just goes to show you we have a lot of work ahead of us. Hopefully the bottom tier candidates will thin out a little and media will pick up for Paul.

This is a real life example of how we need to contact all those in NH who are libertarian to switch their party identification before its too late.

wgadget
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Amen, get that list. I'm ready to write!

Chester Copperpot
09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Today I had to run into the Dollar General. I'm wearing my Ron Paul Hope For America 2008 shirt, of course.

As soon as I went through the door, an older gentleman with a Panama hat said, "*I* know Ron Paul!" He was positively gleeful. Then he started talking loudly about how he used to follow Ron Paul, because he's the one that wants to go back to the gold standard. About how he did an investigation (?) into Fort Knox. He asked me if I knew about that...I said no, but I'd believe it.

Then I had the pleasure of telling him that he's RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT....NOW! He was thrilled, especially when I handed him a Liberty card from my purse. I told him to tell all his friends. When I got back to my car, my only regret was that I hadn't the foresight to give him some bumper stickers.

My goal is to tell somebody about RP every time I go out. This was fun, because in this case somebody told ME.

Yeah, whenever Ron Paul calls for an investigation to audit the gold at Fort Knox he can never get anybody else to go along with it...

quickmike
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Something tells me this guy falls into the never-used-the-internet category. How in the world do we reach those voters?

GO TO THEIR HOMES!!!!!!

Ive been saying this for months and some of you guys refuse to listen. I dont know why. Maybe youre too afraid? Maybe you dont like walking?

you dont have to have a lengthly conversation with them, just drop off a flyer. Simple thing isnt it?

Maybe were just a lazy bunch?

I cant figure it out for the life of me.

wgadget
09-13-2007, 02:37 PM
How do you know where "their homes" are?

Or are you just talking mass flyer distribution?

FrankRep
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM

In Columbus, we're starting to buy TV air time.

We reach them face to face. Public outreach.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
About how he did an investigation (?) into Fort Knox. He asked me if I knew about that...I said no, but I'd believe it.

The US Gold Commission, 1982.

DjLoTi
09-13-2007, 02:39 PM
In Columbus, we're starting to buy TV air time.

I'm trying to start a radio station in Iowa.

Also, yesterday my cell phone service was jacked up, so I called up the operator and by the time I hung up she was super excited about RP and was thanking me over and over.

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
GO TO THEIR HOMES!!!!!!

Ive been saying this for months and some of you guys refuse to listen. I dont know why. Maybe youre too afraid? Maybe you dont like walking?

you dont have to have a lengthly conversation with them, just drop off a flyer. Simple thing isnt it?

Maybe were just a lazy bunch?

I cant figure it out for the life of me.

I have been talking to everyone and anyone about Ron Paul, you get some that are uselss big goverment democrats but most want federal goverment out of their life

quickmike
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
How do you know where "their homes" are?

Or are you just talking mass flyer distribution?

Im talking about going door to door in your neighborhood and giving each house a flyer. it increases name recognition. Imagine if everyone who supports Ron Paul did this. We wouldnt be talking about name recognition right now if they all did it. Such a simple thing to do , yet so few willing to do it.

Guess people just dont want it bad enough to do something that makes them feel uncomfortable.

wgadget
09-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I've put Liberty cards in local mailboxes. Trouble is, I have a lot of Mexicans in my neighborhood, so I was somewhat selective with my cards.

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh wow - Mod should delete the post above mine.

That's a HUGE no-no.

quickmike
09-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I've put Liberty cards in local mailboxes. Trouble is, I have a lot of Mexicans in my neighborhood, so I was somewhat selective with my cards.

You can put them on the mailbox flag, but I wouldnt suggest putting them in the mailbox. Thats considered a crime. I know its stupid, but its considered federal property.

johnrocks
09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

I sell insurance mainly to Seniors who are the biggest voting bloc to the best of my knowledge. Most of them from my observations don't have computers, some of the younger seniors who are 65-70 do but for the most part they don't. I talk to most of them about general things(don't mix politics and religion with business) but so far 100% of the time, not ONE person has ever heard of Ron Paul. We got a LOT of work to do or we should pray that the 18-25 year olds are the voting bloc come election time.

bobmurph
09-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Ron Paul 2008 Commericials during JEOPARDY!

FrankRep
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM

Stop, this is a crime. Seriously, that's highly illegal.

SeanEdwards
09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Don't go near mailboxes. Major federal crime. Postal cops will perform a deep cavity search on you. :eek: