PDA

View Full Version : Bailed out Bank Execs party in Vegas

Primbs
02-05-2009, 02:32 AM
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/20090203_bailed-out_bank_execs_to_live_it_up_in_vegas/

What’s a bunch of Wells Fargo bigwigs to do now that their struggling bank has gotten a whopping $25 billion from the federal government? Two words: Vegas, baby.

There is an update.

Rael
02-05-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm actually getting tired of people complaining about these execs getting bonuses and having parties. They bitch about it but don't complain about the government bailing them out. They can't see the forest for the trees.

BlackTerrel
02-05-2009, 03:35 AM
No surprise. These execs have their money, they'll be fine while the rest of us suffer :rolleyes:

Soca Taliban
02-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Doesn't the article say the trip was cancelled?

angelatc
02-05-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm actually getting tired of people complaining about these execs getting bonuses and having parties. They bitch about it but don't complain about the government bailing them out. They can't see the forest for the trees.

Actually, the TARP program generated the biggest outcry that I can remember. Of course, they voted it in anyway, and the voters returned most of them to their seats.

Too bad there was no blowback.

idiom
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
They are just trying to support the Vegas economy which is desperate for visitors. It is great use of the Tarp funds.