PDA

View Full Version : Vote on a Townhall replacement for the Freedom Movement

nullvalu
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Please help me choose a name for a new project that will provide free blogs & stuff for the freedom movement & liberty-minded people. Please choose from the poll or if you don't like any of the names go ahead and suggest another one.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-13-2007, 02:01 PM
libertyrealm.com
wethepeople.com

I'll try to think of more.

nullvalu
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
libertyrealm.com
wethepeople.com

I'll try to think of more.

Thanks.. but please first make sure they're available..

BuddyRey
09-13-2007, 02:11 PM
LibertyHQ and RightOn are both awesome!

nullvalu
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I just asked a friend and he told me he hates it when people say Right On, it sounds too hippyish.. I was thinking it would be more like being combative to MoveOn..

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
How about something like, The Front Porch?

I don't like We the People, because it might be associated with the group with that name. I'm also hesitant about LibertyHQ, because it would likely be associated with being a Libertarian site. If the goal is to attract people from across the political spectrum, we need some kind of name that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy, like it is a good meeting spot to talk over issues. That is what the name "townhall" sounds like. If I understand the goal of this new forum, we don't want to choose a name with Ron's name in it, or one of his phrases. We're not trying to set up another site like Ron Paul Forums where we can talk to the choir, right? We're trying to attract others in, so we can work on 'em. Right? ;)

I would say, "The Bar Stool", but I'm afraid it would make people think of something else entirely. ;).

Community Corner?
Discuss it?

I know, I know. Something people can remember.

Live Free or Die?
Corner Stop?
The Neighborhood?

What's a good name that has the word, "political" or "politics", in it? Because that is the type of site it will be, right?

BuddyRey
09-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I just asked a friend and he told me he hates it when people say Right On, it sounds too hippyish.. I was thinking it would be more like being combative to MoveOn..

Yeah, I made that connection too, but thought maybe it was unintended.

I don't think it sounds too hippyish at all (I could be biased though, as a borderline hippie myself.)

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
RightOn got my vote - pretty non-descript

axiomata
09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
freedomispopular.net for me (no .com?)

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 02:24 PM

I agree. I don't like that at all.

BuddyRey
09-13-2007, 02:26 PM
How about something like, The Front Porch?

I don't like We the People, because it might be associated with the group with that name. I'm also hesitant about LibertyHQ, because it would likely be associated with being a Libertarian site. If the goal is to attract people from across the political spectrum, we need some kind of name that makes people feel all warm and fuzzy, like it is a good meeting spot to talk over issues. That is what the name "townhall" sounds like.

I would say, "The Bar Stool", but I'm afraid it would make people think of something else entirely. ;).

Community Corner?
Discuss it?

I know, I know. Something people can remember.

Live Free or Die?
Corner Stop?
The Neighborhood?

It should have some sort of political/philosophical/civic connotation though, should it not? I like the way you think though. How about IdeaHub or CitizenCentral?

SewrRatt
09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
govcontrol.org

axiomata
09-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I agree. I don't like that at all.
plus, it sounds like on offshoot of MoveOn

HalogenFlood
09-13-2007, 02:34 PM
A few ideas that are available:

antidespot.com
freedomracket.com
thefacility.com
freedomdraft.com
selfengage.com

Revolution9
09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
The Powder Keg

The Short Fuse

The Firehouse

The PoliDrome

The Firing Range

:D
Randy

nullvalu
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I like the way you think though. How about IdeaHub or CitizenCentral?

I like those but .com's are taken

nullvalu
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
freedomdraft.com

hmm, i like that one..

The Powder Keg, The Short Fuse, The Firehouse, The PoliDrome, The Firing Range

almsost all taken, except for theshortfuse.com

BuddyRey
09-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Bump!

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 10:27 AM
It should have some sort of political/philosophical/civic connotation though, should it not? I like the way you think though. How about IdeaHub or CitizenCentral?

CitizenCentral has potential.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Considering how I feel about the state of our nation right now, I'm thinking...

Imsickofthisshit.com ;)

njandrewg
09-15-2007, 10:47 AM
healamerica.com

disinter
09-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Freedom is Popular

Craig_R
09-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Freedom is Popular

yup

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Freedom is Popular

Well, but that is one of Dr. Paul's quotes. I guess we need to decide what the purpose is for the new message board. My understanding is that it was to create an alternative version of Townhall. One that we could use to promote the Constitution, liberty, etc. One that would attract a lot of people, who were not necessarily supporters of Ron Paul. If we tie this thing directly to Ron Paul, we're basically creating a duplicate of Ron Paul Forums under a new name, right? If we do that, I think what we're going to be doing is just preaching to the choir and not attracting new people to our lair.

richard1984
09-15-2007, 10:57 AM
freedomispopular.net got my vote (largely because it's a Ron Paul quote).

There have been a few others mentioned on the thread that were good, too.

(I kinda liked the controlgov.org or whatever it was--seeing as how that's what we're supposed to be able to do..., but it might not be the best name for the site)

winston_blade
09-15-2007, 10:57 AM
healamerica.com

That sounds good.

Thom1776
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
available: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=199948

That's AmericanLiberty.com

SewrRatt
09-15-2007, 12:31 PM
freedomispopular.net got my vote (largely because it's a Ron Paul quote).

There have been a few others mentioned on the thread that were good, too.

(I kinda liked the controlgov.org or whatever it was--seeing as how that's what we're supposed to be able to do..., but it might not be the best name for the site)

govcontrol.org - it's a play on words with gun control.

axiomata
09-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I think a good historical allusion in the name would work great.

The best one I have thought of:

www.thelibertytree.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Tree

The Liberty Tree (1646–1775) was a famous elm tree that stood in the commons of Boston, Massachusetts Colony, in the days before the American Revolution. The tree was a rallying point for the growing resistance to the rule of England over the American colonies. In the years that followed, almost every American town had its own Liberty Tree—a living symbol of popular support for individual liberty and resistance to tyranny.

Another related option could be www.thelibertypole.net or .us or .org.

Or www.themaypole.com

Dear Leader VI
09-15-2007, 03:24 PM
The Liberty Tree is the best name in this forum. Freedom is Popular is my second choice.

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Bump. I've got a good idea, I think. How about NoState.com, a refutation of the idiotic "blue state" and "red state" labels, because ANY kind of "state", no matter what color, should be abhorred by lovers of liberty?

paulitics
10-01-2007, 02:03 PM
operationfreedom.com

Dustancostine
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I voted for Damnright.com but I have registered:

www.republichall.com and would donate it to the cause if y'all want it.

--Dustan

DrNoZone
10-01-2007, 02:14 PM

And it's too similar to Move On....the liberal communist movement.

winston_blade
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Bump. I've got a good idea, I think. How about NoState.com, a refutation of the idiotic "blue state" and "red state" labels, because ANY kind of "state", no matter what color, should be abhorred by lovers of liberty?

That's a good name.

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM

LOL.. true

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
The best one I have thought of:

www.thelibertytree.org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Tree

I do like that one.. Reading up some more on that.. damn i think it's time for another group known as the Sons of Liberty.

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM
damn i think it's time for another group known as the Sons of Liberty.

I had that exact same thought a week or so ago!!! Watched a very interesting History Channel doc about those guys. Brings to mind what Barry Goldwater once said, that "extremism in defense of liberty is no vice."

BuddyRey
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Whether you love or hate MoveOn, they sure managed to get the neocons riled with that "General Betray Us" ad. They're cool with me, for now (especially if they endorse RP!)

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I had that exact same thought a week or so ago!!! Watched a very interesting History Channel doc about those guys. Brings to mind what Barry Goldwater once said, that "extremism in defense of liberty is no vice."

Ugh.. God, what happened to this country.. :mad:

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I just found this site.. http://www.AmericanSonsOfLiberty.com Anyone know anything about them?

from the site:

In the spirit of the example laid before us by our brave Forefathers, I see the urgent need for the return of The Sons of Liberty

runderwo
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
We had the same idea and registered itsyourcountry.org in anticipation.

1000-points-of-fright
10-01-2007, 02:51 PM
That reminds me of a band called TSOL... True Sounds Of Liberty. But True Sons Of Liberty sounds good. It looks like all the TSOL domain names are taken but a few are set to expire.

Also made me think of the T.Rex song Children Of the Revolution. The COTR domains are mostly taken by churches.:mad:

cujothekitten
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
WeighInAmerica.com
FreedomIsPopular.net
LibertyHQ.com

I like freedomispopular the most though... since it's a liberty blog it's not a title that's swayed to a left or right position. Just a bunch of people talking about freedom.

nullvalu
10-01-2007, 03:01 PM
That reminds me of a band called TSOL... True Sounds Of Liberty. But True Sons Of Liberty sounds good. It looks like all the TSOL domain names are taken but a few are set to expire.

Also made me think of the T.Rex song Children Of the Revolution. The COTR domains are mostly taken by churches.:mad:

TSOL rocked.. especially their earlier harcore punk stuff... Code Blue ;)

American
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
lifelibertyfreedom.us or .net, .org, .info, .biz

all available

hard@work
10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
From a branding and name recognition standpoint RightOn.us is clearly the best of the bunch. So if the decision is to be made based on marketing success capability please consider this name.