PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus checks -> gold

Elwar
02-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Ok, here's my plan (I've yet to consult the wife though...) for any future stimulus or government check. Any stimulus check will immediately be exchanged for gold coins from now on. I would imagine that the stimulus checks will start getting bigger but the amount of gold I can purchase will probably stay the same.

Imagine if everyone in the country did that. The government prints out money and sends it to us, which is then turned into gold (purchased from those who put faith in paper). We would be a citizenry with a sound currency while everyone else is stuck with paper dollars.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
that's what i would do if i got a stimulus check.

MikeStanart
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't count on future stimulus checks. More than likely the government will let the money from these economic stimulus' go into "infrastructure creation". You know, digging a hole then filling it back up again.

yaz
02-04-2009, 04:16 PM
No one I know got a stimulus check. My grandmother, who is living off of social security, never even got one.

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Does anyone actually know anyone that got one?? I know I did not, My dad did not, my roomies did not.....

BarryDonegan
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
i did not.

sevin
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
i did

qh4dotcom
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok, here's my plan (I've yet to consult the wife though...) for any future stimulus or government check. Any stimulus check will immediately be exchanged for gold coins from now on. I would imagine that the stimulus checks will start getting bigger but the amount of gold I can purchase will probably stay the same.

Imagine if everyone in the country did that. The government prints out money and sends it to us, which is then turned into gold (purchased from those who put faith in paper). We would be a citizenry with a sound currency while everyone else is stuck with paper dollars.

How do you store the gold coins? Aren't you concerned about a burglar stealing them?

fr33domfightr
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Does anyone actually know anyone that got one?? I know I did not, My dad did not, my roomies did not.....

If you didn't file your income tax returns you wouldn't get it. If you're single and earned MORE than $75K, you wouldn't get it. And if you owe taxes, the money would go toward that, so in the previous cases you woudn't get it, but in this last case you would, but you'd never see it in the mail.

FF

Elwar
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
How do you store the gold coins? Aren't you concerned about a burglar stealing them?

Ok, I'll only tell you because I know you won't tell anyone else...

I put the gold coins in a candy dish next to a bunch of other candy and those chocolate gold coin candies. Nobody can tell.

As for the stimulus checks...I've gotten the past two. They usually just get sucked right up into paying stuff off.

I did hear this morning, however, that they might have a $15k tax credit for home purchases. Considering I'm purchasing a home this month, that's a big stimulus check.

cthulhufan
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
If we ever receive another stimulus check, that's exactly where ours is going. Gold/Silver or arms and munitions.

Malakai
02-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah Obama pretty much dropped the "1k in every americans pocket" bailout idea in favor of the "throw all my political allies a few billion each out of the recovery act" plan.

Razmear
02-06-2009, 04:05 AM
I got one last year. The $600 went into a wholesale order that started a flea market and online business that did pretty well til everyone else went broke and sales dried up.
My remaining stock is still available at http://MagneticBreeze.com
If I get another stimulus check I'll look into other merchandise that I can roll over a few times to work off the books for another year or so.

eb