PDA

View Full Version : obama declaring "catastrophe"

smithtg
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gdDrWnoMueqVFI-Uo1ClxVZur22AD964S5800

I love quoting this loser; more fear mongering, sky is falling politics

Obama: Catastrophe coming if Congress doesn't act
By ANDREW TAYLOR – 1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday the recession will turn into "a catastrophe" if the economic stimulus is not passed quickly, lobbying for the plan anew as its price tag climbed above $900 billion and drew more criticism.

The president rejected several criticisms of the plan: that tax cuts alone would solve the problem, or that longer-term goals such as energy independence and health care reform can wait until afterward. The White House released some of Obama's remarks ahead of a White House announcement on executive compensation limits.

Obama argued that recalcitrant lawmakers need to get behind his approach, saying the American people expressed their preference for his ideas when they chose him as president in November.

Obama urged members of Congress "to act without delay" while also promising to make changes to the legislation.

"No plan is perfect, and we should work to make it stronger," he said. "Let's not make the perfect the enemy of the essential. Let's show people all over our country who are looking for leadership in this difficult time that we are equal to the task."

Obama has sought each day to ratchet up the pressure on lawmakers, bringing different supportive groups to the White House, scheduling a series of TV interviews, even traveling to a charter school to tout one portion of the bill.

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future," he said in his prepared remarks. "That's why I feel such a sense of urgency about the Economic Recovery and Reinvestment Plan."

acptulsa
02-04-2009, 11:37 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday the recession will turn into "a catastrophe" if the economic stimulus is not passed quickly, lobbying for the plan anew as its price tag climbed above $900 billion and drew more criticism.

Dubya? You still there? I thought you were supposed to leave weeks ago...

The puppet looks different but the script remains the same.

devil21
02-04-2009, 03:03 PM
When I saw that headline on Yahoo all I could do is shake my head. SSDD.

acptulsa
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
There was a political cartoon one Halloween that had two kids in costume on a door step. One was yelling, "Boo!" and the other was yelling, "Be afraid!" The homeowner said, George, Dick, we know it's just you...

They traded those costumes in for Barry and Joe masks, I see.

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 08:10 AM
I am trying hard not to laugh at the Obamabots these days....

What a bunch of ignorant fools....SUCKERS, the lot of 'em.

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Obama: Catastrophe coming if rescue isn't passed
By ANDREW TAYLOR – 17 hours ago

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future," Obama said in his prepared remarks."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gdDrWnoMueqVFI-Uo1ClxVZur22AD964VTHG0

----

'Our entire economy is in danger': Bush
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"He warned that reluctance to pass his administration's proposed $700-billion US financial rescue plan risks wiping out retirement savings, exacerbating home foreclosures, killing jobs, shuttering businesses and causing "a long and painful recession."

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2008/09/24/bush-tv-bailout.html?ref=rss

----

Change??

Change you can....remember hearing just a few months ago from GW.

acptulsa
02-05-2009, 08:26 AM

They really do seem to still think that there will be more changes in the White House than the general number of mispronounced words and, of course, the obvious melanin level. This in spite of ever-growing amounts of evidence to the contrary.

MsDoodahs
02-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Breaking up is hard to do.

:D

Truth Warrior
02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Problem --> Reaction --> Solution. ( lather, rinse, repeat )

torchbearer
02-05-2009, 09:12 AM
obamatrons.

PatriotLegion
02-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Looks like Obama is strong arming the House and Senate just as GWB... Seen him on some clips this morning and from last night taking to the Democrats saying if the Republicans won't get this passed I will do it with out them.

Yup more of the same. Tyrant Obama hard at work....

Some of his speeches from yesterday at VA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9CGCUTlHfc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GS_nciW07E

angelatc
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM

They insist that it is not fear mongering if it is true!

brandon
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
How many more of these trillion dollar spending plans is it going to take to avert catastrophe? Is this it, or will we still need 3 or 4 more of these things?

Lucille
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
And here I thought "we chose Hope™ over fear."

acptulsa
02-06-2009, 10:00 AM
And here I thought "we chose Hope™ over fear."

Naw, couldn't have it. That would actually involve genuine change, as opposed to mere Change™.

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
GESUS, GESUS, GESUS...

Do I have to hear the ORACLE of OPTIMISM's same COMMAND words over and over and over? FRIGIN EXTRAORDINARY is in every speech.

CATASTROPHE
EXTRAORDINARY
EXPERTISE
CRISIS

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/tommy_BOY_cata.png

SnappleLlama
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
gesus, gesus, gesus...

Do i have to hear the oracle of optimism's same command words over and over and over? Frigin extraordinary is in every speech.

Catastrophe
extraordinary
expertise
crisis

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/tommy_boy_cata.png

gesus? Lol!

Mahkato
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future," he said in his prepared remarks. "That's why I feel such a sense of urgency about the Economic Recovery and Reinvestment Plan."

Since we're going down the toilet regardless of what they do, shouldn't we just go ahead and let them do it so they can't say, "well if you had only tried it OUR way ..."

acptulsa
02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Since we're going down the toilet regardless of what they do, shouldn't we just go ahead and let them do it so they can't say, "well if you had only tried it OUR way ..."

Are they going to pay all that debt back if and when it fails? Are the people who spent it on champaigne and caviar? Or are we?

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Isn't it amazing after hearing Obama & The Flim Flams all touting Catastrophes and Spend Spend Spend like there's no end...

That...

CONGRESS and the EXECUTIVE branches within the Washington DC beltway have done a 180 degree turn?

They.. Congress & the BO administration have become the LOBBYISTS coercing America to accept their plan with the bribery of entitlements and payouts to all groups for their approval.

Oh how times CHANGE... Use the People's money to buy them off, ALL to save their Corporate and Banking Masters. Lobby the country with all these project giveaways that keep us from catastrophe!

angelatc
02-06-2009, 01:53 PM
http://www.dcexaminer.com/politics/Obama-rallies-Democrats-with-tough-partisan-speech-Full-Text39195472.html

Now, in fact, when we announced the bill, you remember -- this is only about, what, two weeks ago? When we announced the framework -- and we were complimented by Republicans, saying, boy, this is a balanced package, we're pleasantly surprised. And suddenly, what was a balanced package needs to be put out of balance? Don't buy those arguments.

Their constituents decided to actually read the damned thing.

This next paragraph is priceless:

So then you get the argument, well, this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill. What do you think a stimulus is? (Laughter and applause.) That's the whole point. (Laughter.) No, seriously. That's the point. (Applause.)