PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Campaign for Liberty needs 153,636 precinct leaders to meet its goal

ShannonOBrien
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
The average number of registered voters per precinct is 1,100 nationwide. (All of these numbers, including the numbers below are from 2008). As we get more on the local level, I used my area as an example so you can get an idea of the numbers.
----
NATIONALLY: 169,000,000 registered voters total in U.S.
means approximately 153,636 precinct leaders needed in U.S. total.

We currently have .9% of all precinct leaders needed nationally. (1521 precinct leaders total at C4L)
But if we add up all the members, accounts and precinct leaders (126,314 total) we COULD be at 82% of our goal!
Ron Paul got 1.2 million votes nationally.
---
WASHINGTON STATE: 3,515,393 registered voters (approx. 512 registered voters per precinct)
6,862 precincts total in Washington state, 6,862 precinct leaders needed in Washington state.

We currently have 1% of all precinct leaders needed in Washington state. (96 precinct leaders)
But if we add up all the members, accounts and precinct leaders (4043 total) we could have 58% of our goal.
---
CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT 1:
359 precincts, unknown number of registered voters.

We currently have 3% of all needed precinct leaders (12 total). We could have 21% (77 members and precinct leaders).
---
SNOHOMISH COUNTY: 372,636 registered voters
There are 714 precincts in Snohomish county. (521 registered voters per precinct)

We currently have 1% of all precinct leaders needed in Snohomish county (8 precinct leaders). But if we add up all the members and precinct leaders (accounts aren't listed) we could reach 14% of our goal (103 total).
---
In conclusion, it might be better for us to concentrate on contacting the members and accounts that are already signed up on Campaign for Liberty and encourage THEM to become precinct leaders first. I think it would more quickly and efficiently win over our precincts for liberty.

FrankRep
02-04-2009, 12:32 AM

https://www.campaignforliberty.com/signup.php

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Sorry, until CFL gets rid of the failed campaign members as staff I will stick to grassroots actions.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Sorry, until CFL gets rid of the failed campaign members as staff I will stick to grassroots actions.

Utah, "grassroots actions" is what becoming a precinct leader is all about.

JP2010
02-04-2009, 07:07 AM

Exactly. A precinct leader is the epitome of grassroots action. You also get help with your grassroots actions by receiving lists of good voters that you and other C4L volunteers that are not precinct leaders can canvass.

qwerty
02-04-2009, 07:09 AM
utah, "grassroots actions" is what becoming a precinct leader is all about.

agree!

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2009, 10:41 AM

I disagree. The meetup group here in Utah that did tons during the campaign.... On our own, Undirected, And with no one to ask or tell us no is grassroots action.

I Am Weasel
02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
singed up

qwerty
02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
singed up

Nice :)

ClayTrainor
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I disagree. The meetup group here in Utah that did tons during the campaign.... On our own, Undirected, And with no one to ask or tell us no is grassroots action.

so you'd rather not use all tools available?

Being a precinct leader doesn't hurt you in any way, as far as i can understand. You get mailing and phone number lists, and other resources to use to aid in your productivity.

I encourage all liberty efforts, but i don't understand why you would ignore the free tools available by signing up to be a precinct leader?

SaratogaForRonPaul
02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Utah, I think you have the wrong impression of Campaign for Liberty. CFL is a bottoms up organization where the local activist decide what Constitutional issues to tackle. Consider Campaign for Liberty as a set of tools, that allows you to communicate to people across your county, Congressional District, or state, and provide you with powerful precinct walking lists to accomplish your goals as a grassroot. National does not tell the states what issues to go after, and the states do not tell the local groups what to do. There is two way communication so if a local group has a great issue that the state should tackle, great. If national comes up with an issue that local members agree with, also great.

It is up to you to decide what actions you take, signing up to the CFL just expands the tool sets for you to be successful.

WRellim
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
NATIONALLY: 169,000,000 registered voters total in U.S.
means approximately 153,636 precinct leaders needed in U.S. total.

We currently have .9% of all precinct leaders needed nationally. (1521 precinct leaders total at C4L)

Which means...

http://nheerdesign.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/poster53488988.jpg

wizardwatson
02-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Campaign For Liberty is going to fail its mission. It needs to be infiltrated taken over and re-organized.

speciallyblend
02-19-2009, 10:54 AM
can i be a precinct leader in the democratic/libertarian party also know as the democratic party of lake county:)

speciallyblend
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Which means...

http://nheerdesign.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/poster53488988.jpg

the root of the problem is no one wants to be known as a republican!!! the fact is people who are not republican want nothing to do with the republican brandname.This is the root of the problem!!

raystone
02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
IOWA is at 67% of first year precinct leader goal with 6 months left til deadline.

MONTANA, 53%

VERMONT, 52%

IDAHO, 51%

wizardwatson
02-19-2009, 11:15 AM
IOWA is at 67% of first year precinct leader goal with 6 months left til deadline.

MONTANA, 53%

VERMONT, 52%

IDAHO, 51%

All this amounts to is sharing/collecting/updating of contact information. Is there any kind of inter-state or national strategy?

LittleLightShining
02-19-2009, 12:38 PM
can i be a precinct leader in the democratic/libertarian party also know as the democratic party of lake county:)

the root of the problem is no one wants to be known as a republican!!! the fact is people who are not republican want nothing to do with the republican brandname.This is the root of the problem!!

MONTANA, 53%

VERMONT, 52%

IDAHO, 51%
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vermont's strategy is to be completely non-partisan. This removes stigmas associated with being a member of a particular party. It also allows people of all political ideologies who share the core beliefs of the C4L to engage whatever party they feel most comfortable in. Other states have a more GOP-focused strategy which may or may not have the desired effect in the long run.

Personally I'd like to see more fiscally-conservative Democrats joining us.

Ex Post Facto
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
C4L is the start right now. I was a county coordinator before I had to move...but in my county there were only 13 people signed up, 3 of them paying members (all 3 where district, county, or precinct leaders.) While the economic situation can't be any worse for starting a new organization, the attempt to change anything through this method is up for debate. C4L is a bottom up organization, that is for sure.