PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday USC Rally Roundup From Powder Blue Report

Allan Bartlett
09-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Well I'm back from an afternoon at USC stumping for my Presidential candidate Ron Paul. I have a bunch of observations to share with my readers. The first is that I now know why tuition at USC costs $30k per year. What a gorgeous campus. I walked into a building to use the bathroom and it felt like I was in a brand new office building...marble floors, oak doors, etc. What I'm trying to say is that these guys don't skimp on their facilities. As for the rally itself, it was awesome. I'd estimate that we had about 1000 people crowded around Tommy Trojan in the quad area cheering on Dr. Ron Paul in the blazing summer heat. There is something about this campaign that is drawing large spontaneous crowds of people eager to hear the message of freedom. Our Irvine Meetup group sent at least 30 people to the rally from OC off our list of RSVPs, but there were probably more than that. I'll post some pictures when I get done uploading them tomorrow.

After the rally, it was off to a cocktail party fundraiser on the SC campus. I had a chance to chat w/Ron for a few minutes about how the campaign was going. The man is so energetic. I don't know how these guys keep the schedule that they do. He had four events today, four events scheduled in SF tomorrow, five events in Seattle Friday, and a full schedule Saturday in Salt Lake City. I also had a chance to speak w/Ron's right hand man and Campaign Manager Kent Snyder. Kent's keeping Ron's fundraising numbers close to the vest, but he said the fundraising for this quarter is doing great. I can't wait to hear about them on or about Oct. 15th. I thought one of the funniest moments in Ron's speech before us at the cocktail party was his story of how some political hacks had tried to infiltrate his campaign headquarters to find out what the secret is for building hundreds of spontaneous Meetup Groups. As if they could duplicate this without a great message. Memo to hacks: someone like Giuliani, McCain, Romney, or Fred Thompson will never be able to generate the passionate grassroots support like Ron has because they have a crappy message of being George W Bush clones. That ain't selling right now. Save your money you're wasting trying to duplicate a strategy that will never work for your guys.

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Great Report - How many people attended the Cocktail reception?

-edit-

austin356
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
great report; I hope we can start getting some reports from the Bay Area.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
very good. :D

BW4Paul
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I thought one of the funniest moments in Ron's speech before us at the cocktail party was his story of how some political hacks had tried to infiltrate his campaign headquarters to find out what the secret is for building hundreds of spontaneous Meetup Groups. As if they could duplicate this without a great message. Memo to hacks: someone like Giuliani, McCain, Romney, or Fred Thompson will never be able to generate the passionate grassroots support like Ron has because they have a crappy message of being George W Bush clones. That ain't selling right now. Save your money you're wasting trying to duplicate a strategy that will never work for your guys.

Isn't it amazing that some people can be such authoritarian thinkers that they can't even *conceive* of the idea that support might be coming from the bottom up via private citizens rather than from the top down via political operatives. I'll betcha that right now they're cursing their inability to break through the dark, shadowy RP conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Santana28
09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
So was he saying that infiltrators had became employed by the campaign in order to steal information? or was he suggesting that their office was broken into similar to what happenned t Romney's office, and i think it was Senator Dodd? There's been a lot of political subterfuge going on lately...

quickmike
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
So was he saying that infiltrators had became employed by the campaign in order to steal information? or was he suggesting that their office was broken into similar to what happenned t Romney's office, and i think it was Senator Dodd? There's been a lot of political subterfuge going on lately...

No, what happened is that they were approached by some people who were recognized by some of Ron's campaign loyalists as infiltrators who claimed they wanted to join the campaign, when actually they were outed as supporters of other candidates just trying to get the "skinny" on what Ron is doing.

Allan Bartlett
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure Santana. I just thought the story was funny because I know a lot of "establishment" political consultants here in California and I can totally see them trying to do something like this if they think it could help the guy their getting paid from.

Santana28
09-13-2007, 01:42 PM
LOL... well thats kind of humorous then. With as many supporters as Ron has, i'd find it hard to believe that an infiltrator wouldn't be outed rather quickly. I'd probably respond by taking them on a personal tour, showing them everything they need to see - the freedom message, the phones ringing off the hook, the enthusiastic sign-holding supporters, the airplanes with banners flying overhead, the stacks of donation checks on the desk - and then i'd give them a Ron Paul tshirt and one of his books and a copy of the Constitution, and i'd say "run along now back to your masters - but first read these and there you will find your answers."

Seriously... there's no strategy to emulate here. Its the MESSAGE, not the man or the campaign. Freedom is uber popular!

d'anconia
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Great Report - How many people attended the Cocktail reception?

-edit-

I saw about 35-40 or so. Was a nice crowd.

quickmike
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
LOL... well thats kind of humorous then. With as many supporters as Ron has, i'd find it hard to believe that an infiltrator wouldn't be outed rather quickly. I'd probably respond by taking them on a personal tour, showing them everything they need to see - the freedom message, the phones ringing off the hook, the enthusiastic sign-holding supporters, the airplanes with banners flying overhead, the stacks of donation checks on the desk - and then i'd give them a Ron Paul tshirt and one of his books and a copy of the Constitution, and i'd say "run along now back to your masters - but first read these and there you will find your answers."

Seriously... there's no strategy to emulate here. Its the MESSAGE, not the man or the campaign. Freedom is uber popular!

What they should have done was say "yeah, heres the secret of how we do it, but you have to promise not to tell anyone" Then, get some big HUGE ass list of crap they made up off the top of their heads so the guy would go back to his master with all that false info.

IRO-bot
09-13-2007, 02:02 PM
What they should have done was say "yeah, heres the secret of how we do it, but you have to promise not to tell anyone" Then, get some big HUGE ass list of crap they made up off the top of their heads so the guy would go back to his master with all that false info.

Yes! Make sure it costs a ton of money too. MUAHAHAHAHA.

quickmike
09-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Yes! Make sure it costs a ton of money too. MUAHAHAHAHA.

See? Now were thinking constructively.

Give them a big list of "potential voters" and tell them they send 100 bucks to each one of them if they promise to vote for their candidate, when actually its a list of current Ron Paul supporters. Then, have the money sent to the supporters sent back to Ron Pauls campaign.

Thats what ya call a "snickerdoodle" :D

micahnelson
09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
See? Now were thinking constructively.

First off. DONT use anything pre-established online.

Youtube, google, Meetup- they are all fronts. We literally own them and are inflating their numbers.

Second. You need need to be willing to buy and make payments on 10-20k cell phones for the text message polls. This is expensive, but neccessary.

Third. You must pay off the national archives to change your votes so you APPEAR consistent. Also, have your source killed. Gotta tie up loose ends.

This will set you back around 500 Million dollars, so GET SPENDING NOW!

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Give them a big list of "potential voters" and tell them they send 100 bucks to each one of them if they promise to vote for their candidate, when actually its a list of current Ron Paul supporters. Then, have the money sent to the supporters sent back to Ron Pauls campaign.

Thats what ya call a "snickerdoodle" :D

Mike, methinks you did this. A Fred guy called me this morning. Hmmmmm?