PDA

View Full Version : Strategies & Tactics

Aakron
02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Please pick a favorite or add your own version:

1. Solve problems ourselves, skipping government completely, in situations where government just fails so miserably we are better off just doing it our self, or at least partly by our self:
Example tactic: The Minuteman Project.
2. Strategy: Encourage government transparency by legal actions and personal appeals to ethics.
Examples: The "Read the bills" act, congressional oversight of bailout funding, FOIA requests.
3. Enable and strengthen communities by encouraging, supporting, and empowering leaders at the local level.
Example Proposal: Continuously remind governors that the feds have stolen their powers. I have not really thought of any really good ideas for this so that is just off the top of my head.
4. Support and establish private communications methods and private personal transactions among individuals in case big government tries to snoop in on our activities which are taking away their power.
Example: Figure out a good way for everyone to easily mask their IP address for free or for cheap. Governments would really hate that!
5. Train an army of volunteer lawyers to combat hostile actions for big government and fortify community and individual power.
Example Tactic: There is currently a post on this forum saying that their local courhouse refused to accept their coins as payment for a ticket. Yet someone pointed out the law where the court is required to take those coins as payment. Well, our organization could do everything in our power to sue the hell of our that court until they straightened up their act. Of course this strategy has its limits due to the high cost, which is why the website will have as much material as possible on taking anti-liberty people to court our selves and how we can become lawyers.
6. Establish money currencies for increased competition.
7. Shed light on secretive government using an army of investigative journalists and/or private investigators.
8. Change strategies or if they systematically fail.
9. Pressure government to accept solutions originating outside the corporation and outside of government.

Other Tactics:
1. Network together to solve specific problems.
2. Scientific study of social problems and possible solutions.
3. Fundraising through special-purpose drives and invitational advertising, where if there is a product we perceive as particularly useful, we will invite that company to advertise on our website.
4. Start a fund to solve social problems to be managed by a network of smart individuals.
5. Change tactics that don't work.

These are all ideas I have for a website I'm starting up which is based somewhat on Ron Paul ideas. Of course I plan to start off just using one of the strategies because I have to start somewhere, so that is why I'm asking what people's favorite is.

Knightskye
02-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Bump.

mport1
02-04-2009, 12:18 AM
The only thing I've heard of that I think has any chance of success is the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org).

ShannonOBrien
02-04-2009, 04:06 AM
3. Enable and strengthen communities by encouraging, supporting, and empowering leaders at the local level.

That one is my favorite.
I also like the scientific study one and your website.

centure7
02-05-2009, 07:39 AM
*deleted*