PDA

View Full Version : Why Anita Andrews is a good thing for RP

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 11:41 AM
After soaking in the bathtub for a bit I pondered the entire Anita Andrews situation.

She is good for the RP campaign because she is objective. Unlike us, she isn't really here to create a revolution, she isn't really here for limited government, lower taxes, civil liberties etc.... She is here and helping RP because she is being paid to.

That means she is objective, rational, and wants to win.

Her goal is to win, not change the world. If she gets RP past the primaries, then she can charge her next political client a lot more money because she has another win in her resume. Therefore she has every incentive to earn a win for Ron Paul. It only makes logical sense.

As far as the NDA goes, I doubt most of that is enforceable or even worthy of a lawsuit unless you blatantly do something to infringe on her's and the RP campaign's intellectual property. So my guess is that in order to be sued, you would have to be a mole, give the book to another campaign, or try and sell that information to another campaign during or after the RP run. Short story - don't user her information etc outside of the RP campaign and you'll most likely be fine. (this isn't legal advice :cool: )

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't even know who she is or what she does.

ctb619
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't even know who she is or what she does.

me neither

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Matt - Exactly. If she is instrumental in a Ron Paul win, she'll become a LEGEND in the Political Consultant realm.

I am pumped to meet her Saturday and hear what she has to say.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
but... what does she do? lol. is she a meet up organizer??

Cowlesy
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
but... what does she do? lol. is she a meet up organizer??

Ah come on Joseph --- it's been covered so many times in so many other threads.

Just do a search of her name.

She is a Political Consultant to the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign hired by Ron Paul. She is here to help!

honkywill
09-13-2007, 01:23 PM
The seminar my meetup organizer went to the other day was 8 hours long. :o

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Ah come on Joseph --- it's been covered so many times in so many other threads.

Just do a search of her name.

She is a Political Consultant to the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign hired by Ron Paul. She is here to help!

ha. I know. I just like to ruffle feathers... just kidding.

interesting

aunt_shoes
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I was very excited to be attending her training session. It was even better than I expected. You'll be glad you attended (even if you have to travel 4 hrs to get there like I did).

pyrazole2
09-13-2007, 01:29 PM
The seminar my meetup organizer went to the other day was 8 hours long. :o

Holy s*....I'm going to one tonight at 7pm. I sure hope it's not 8hr long! If it is, they better have an open bar.

hopeforamerica
09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Sigh, I doubt she makes it to Phoenix, but I'd go if she were anywhere near here. Good points!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Is Anita a Republican? I mean... politically?

mdh
09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Holy s*....I'm going to one tonight at 7pm. I sure hope it's not 8hr long! If it is, they better have an open bar.

I will sneak in some liquor. :cool:

mdh
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM

We are all Republicans now. Ron Paul Republicans. It's a breed of its own, and as the other thread says, we come from all over.

austin356
09-13-2007, 02:50 PM

well she is "anti-hillary" at least. Thats about all I gathered.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Is Anita a Republican? I mean... politically?Well, she worked on the Ashcroft campaign in Missouri back in the day. If she was a die hard liberal/Democrat I don't think she would've been able to have stomached it.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 03:01 PM
The seminar my meetup organizer went to the other day was 8 hours long. :oYes, ours was 6 hours long. But I feel the presentation could've been a bit better organized to save time.

Mr. White
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Ugh Ashcroft... I used to live in Missouri. Anyways, I've heard secondhand the plan Anita outlines. It sounds very reasonable and objective to me.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Asscroft? heh

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Asscroft? hehLOL

Dustancostine
09-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Well, she worked on the Ashcroft campaign in Missouri back in the day. If she was a die hard liberal/Democrat I don't think she would've been able to have stomached it.

Rove was the lead consultant in that campaign. If she learned from Rove that is a good thing.

richard1984
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Rove was the lead consultant in that campaign. If she learned from Rove that is a good thing.

Interesting....

McDermit
09-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, she worked on the Ashcroft campaign in Missouri back in the day. If she was a die hard liberal/Democrat I don't think she would've been able to have stomached it.

So then it is quite probable that the campaign she was outspent on by 30mil was the MO 2nd Amendment one.

Wyurm
09-13-2007, 11:20 PM
With the utmost respect, Matt. I do not share your enthusiasm for the woman and I see a disturbing amount of posts trying to convince everyone that Anita is the most awsome thing in the world and we should drop the revolution and give her a great big hug and embrace her ways. No. It should be simple to understand. anyone that receives an invitation via their meetup to meet with her and sign her NDA is welcome to, and unless the campaign has stepped across that bound yet, those who don't feel comfortable with her or flat out disagree with her are free to stay the heck away from her.

There is really no need for all this propaganda about her. If she really is good then she will attract many, and if not then she wont attract many. Its that simple.

Matt Collins
09-13-2007, 11:52 PM
With the utmost respect, Matt. I do not share your enthusiasm for the woman and I see a disturbing amount of posts trying to convince everyone that Anita is the most awsome thing in the world and we should drop the revolution and give her a great big hug and embrace her ways.

I don't think "she is the most awsome thing in the world". In fact I'm still a bit skeptical myself after meeting her yesterday. I think she's a political prostitute (for lack of a better term, excuse the vulgarity) and in it for the money. I also think her attitude is a bit condescending. Being in it for the money isn't absolutely a negative point, but I would personally never "sell myself" to a campaign that I didn't agree with 100%. It's kind of like attorneys who knowingly try to get rapists and murders free. It's a scummy business, but someone has to do it, thankfully not me.

However I have a degree in marketing, and some of the ideas Anita discussed are absolutely solid without a doubt.

Also with her just being in it for the money means she is only here to win, not start a revolution, and she is objective and a bit more rational that a passionate supporter. Having an outside objective and even perhaps cynical perspective like that in any situation can be valuable to those of us who are knee deep in it already.

There is really no need for all this propaganda about her.I am only posting what I have because I have a perspective on this now since I have been to one of her meetings. Since there seems to be a lot of curiosity on the subject, I thought it might be beneficial to give my take on the issue.

If she really is good then she will attract many, and if not then she wont attract many. Its that simple.Well, have you attended her meetings to hear her speak? Please answer that question.

With the utmost respect,

-Matt

Joe Knows
09-14-2007, 07:24 AM
So then it is quite probable that the campaign she was outspent on by 30mil was the MO 2nd Amendment one.

Bingo!

pyrazole2
09-14-2007, 07:42 AM
With the utmost respect, Matt. I do not share your enthusiasm for the woman and I see a disturbing amount of posts trying to convince everyone that Anita is the most awsome thing in the world and we should drop the revolution and give her a great big hug and embrace her ways. No. It should be simple to understand. anyone that receives an invitation via their meetup to meet with her and sign her NDA is welcome to, and unless the campaign has stepped across that bound yet, those who don't feel comfortable with her or flat out disagree with her are free to stay the heck away from her.

There is really no need for all this propaganda about her. If she really is good then she will attract many, and if not then she wont attract many. Its that simple.

She'll attract many. Unfortunately, she's hitting all 50, so it'll be awhile before she gets back around!

In about 20 minutes she convinced me (and maybe others in the room, I won't speak for them) of just how much more effective our grassroots campaigning could be. I converted two lifelong steelworker's union guys this morning, using some of the ideas presented. It's not rocket science, just ideas that we're not used to using in this context because we're not professional campaigners.

Wyurm...when she comes around, give her 20 minutes. Go to the meeting, sign the NDA, stay for the first 20 minutes. If you like what she has to say, stay, if not, you're only under NDA for what little you heard.

Spirit of '76
09-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I converted two lifelong steelworker's union guys this morning, using some of the ideas presented.

Good job!