PDA

View Full Version : RP on Glenn Beck tonight?

dagnytaggart
05-16-2007, 10:11 AM
My neocon mother just called me to say she heard this on the radio. She said Glenn wants to talk to Ron about his "isolationist views".
Anyone else heard this?

abouthadit
05-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Normally I like Glenn Beck for some of his stances, but on Ron Paul, he is one of the neocon shills no different from Hannity et al ad nauseum. I would not expect too much out of Beck on this. Ron Paul on the otherhand will no doubt shine like the Constitutionalist statesman that he is. Should be interesting to observe.

beckweth
05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
If Ron Paul does get on I'm sure that's how Glenn Beck will spin it. Ron Paul is too much of a straight shooter to get twisted by GlennBeck.

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 10:19 AM
It's true, the only thing they can do is interrupt.

The truth always makes sense. Isn't that neat...

abouthadit
05-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Josh: Great avatar.

billv
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, he is another neo-con but I think he"ll get a better shot on Glenn Beck than on Hannity's show.

MsDoodahs
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Who is Glenn Beck?

Please share who, when, where for those of us who aren't familiar!

angelatc
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't think there'a any such thing as bad press. Getting interviewed is far better than getting ignored!

angelatc
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Who is Glenn Beck?

He is a talk radio host, with a TV show. I think the poster implied that Paul will be on the TV show tonight.

http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml - no mention of RP that I can find though.

abouthadit
05-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Who is Glenn Beck?

Glenn is on Headline News.

giskard
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Please, NON-INTERVENTIONIST is very different from ISOLATIONIST.

Dagny, pls. explain this to your mother, and report back how the conversation went, so we can learn how to explain this to people.

tsoldrin
05-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Speaking of Glenn Beck... go vote on the poll on his page: http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml

It's in the lower right.

dagnytaggart
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
UGH! This is how it went:

Me: Mother, you know, non-interventionism is very different than isolationism. Just like traditional Republicans, Ron Paul recognizes that going into the Middle East to spread democracy is a waste of time because they have no interest in our form of government. Did you know that Ronald Reagan agreed with Dr. Paul--

Mother: Uh huh, listen I'm in the car. (To her husband) Dick, isn't there an IHOP on this road?

Me: Ok, Mother, I'll talk to you later.

This is how every conversation with my mother, or any of my family, goes. I even tried to use the phrase "spread democracy" and invoke the name of her god, Ronald Reagan, this time to pique her interest. Alas, the IHOP was more interesting.

Very depressing.