PDA

View Full Version : Invest in Liberty (dirt cheap heirloom seeds)

Misesian
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, there was an article posted on LRC today about investing in liberty. The topic was about purchasing guns and ammo being that the value of these commodities will be even more than 1oz of gold shortly when they're banned. I wholeheartedly agree and think that it's smart to invest in survival (precious metals included as a historical standard medium of exchange).

As part of this investment strategy, we cannot ignore our very basic need which is of course food.

Thanks to another R3volutionary in our local group I discovered www.survivalistseeds.com which is owned by just another freedom loving American trying to help others out. They are selling non-GMO heirloom seeds (meaning the seeds of the fruit will grow when planted unlike the ones bought at walmart or lowes nursery) for less than 1 penny apiece in a package of 15,000 for $150 total. I'm still a novice to gardening but I haven't been able to find other heirloom seeds anywhere close to this price. This package is also a very good variety of fruits and vegetables.

I exchanged some emails with the owner of the site and turns out he likes Ron Paul, likes what he sees at Ron's Campaign For Liberty website, and he offered a deal for all Ron Paul supporters by throwing in 85 FL Giant watermelon seeds for free. Just enter in the coupon code of "RONPAUL2012" (if using google checkout, append that code on the same line as your telephone number). That's a $15 value that John wanted to throw in to show appreciation to supporters of the good doctor, but there's a limited supply of these watermelon seeds, and I didn't want to find out the hard way on an eventual limited supply of this heirloom seed package either.

I know most of you probably will not be able to use 15,000 seeds even if you turned your whole backyard into a garden but for $150 this is a very inexpensive investment to at least possess the means for nourishment should history repeat itself, and the worst of the worst come true. After all, that is why we're investing in gold and arms anyways, not really to make money but to survive.

Feel free to pass this far and wide to help others prepare.

zach
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I seriously would if I had money.. maybe once I start working in the summer again.

Good find though! I love the idea and will definitely keep that page saved.

Misesian
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I seriously would if I had money.. maybe once I start working in the summer again.

Good find though! I love the idea and will definitely keep that page saved.

Yeah I hear you, I went in halves with a buddy and we're going to split them. Heck even with 7,500 the vast majority of these will go into storage but you can be damn skippy that a number of these will go in the backyard garden here soon as soon as I get'm! Yeah, I live in FL so I can start planting already ;).

Kotin
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks.. I will be buying these.

Misesian
02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
thanks.. I will be buying these.

No problem. I'm curious to see what this interesting melon tastes like as I've never even heard of a canoe creek melon. The White Wonder cucumber is also a breed that apparently goes back to the 1800's. I guess nowadays fruit and veggies have been cross bred so much and engineered to be shipped around the world, harvested before ripened, stay ripe, etc. that I'm reading it doesn't even taste the same.

Survivalist gardening is pretty cool, and I'm slowly getting rid of my black thumb!

steve005
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I bought two packs, one two sell and one to save, I broke the one pack up into 15 smaller packs and I'm trying to sell them on craigslist for 29.99 each, so far only one guy came and got two for fifty.

Misesian
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I bought two packs, one two sell and one to save, I broke the one pack up into 15 smaller packs and I'm trying to sell them on craigslist for 29.99 each, so far only one guy came and got two for fifty.

That's a good idea too. How come you've only done craiglist and not ebay?

Sandra
02-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Be careful of what is considered "heirloom". Anyone making a claim to sell "antique" varieties sometimes are actually GMO. They take the DNA from old dried plant tissues and introduce them to newer varieties. They have the look of heirloom but are more prolific in production. Ask questions before you buy because they know how to sell to consumers. They will also have a "clause" on the packaging against sharing or stipulations on seeding. I hope the link above is OK.

steve005
02-03-2009, 09:59 PM
That's a good idea too. How come you've only done craiglist and not ebay?

I don't like paying someone to sell something

Jodo
02-03-2009, 11:12 PM
survivalistseeds.com is run by Big John Lipscomb who has a radio show called "Don't Tread On Me" where he shares information primarily about homesteading. He sounds like a likable guy and shows little pretense.

http://www.donttreadonme.tv/

http://gcnlive.com/Programs/DontTreadOnMe/Program.html