PDA

View Full Version : What happens when we End the Fed?

RevolutionSD
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I see a lot of talk about ending the fed.
Of course I would also love to see the fed done away with.

But what is the plan after ending it?
Turn over the coining of money to the Congress?
If that's the case, we will not see any improvement to the situation. Obama would likely create a new department of currency, a currency czar, and the government's very own printing press.

Competing currencies seems to be the only answer (this is what RP favors). People would likely switch to gold and silver as the dollar devalues.

pacelli
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Is there enough physical gold & silver to pay for 300 million houses?

acptulsa
02-02-2009, 02:30 PM
What will happen? The Rothschilds, having seen their brand tarnish, will try to repackage the same old shit with a brand new name and shove it down our throats.

Ask Andrew Jackson what the fight of a lifetime means a hundred years later...

AutoDas
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM

You mean, is there enough liquidity to pay for all of those houses bought with fractional reserve notes? I don't think so. The Chinese lose and Americans win.

hillbilly123069
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
The government will just have to get used to a small allowance again.They federal income tax wasn't started until 1908 I believe.It did not become mandatory until the 1940's.They had taxes to pay for government before the IRS,they can again.

Epic
02-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I see a lot of talk about ending the fed.
Of course I would also love to see the fed done away with.

But what is the plan after ending it?
Turn over the coining of money to the Congress?
If that's the case, we will not see any improvement to the situation. Obama would likely create a new department of currency, a currency czar, and the government's very own printing press.

Competing currencies seems to be the only answer (this is what RP favors). People would likely switch to gold and silver as the dollar devalues.

End the fed, do NOT move it under control of the government. Do away with government debt owed to the fed, and inflate away/monetize the rest of the debt.

End FDIC, so then banks must move away from fractional-reserve banking and adopt and demand deposit/time deposit banking paradigm. The free market will accomplish this when FDIC ends.

Legalize currency competition (abolish legal tender laws). Gold standard will take over naturally.

speciallyblend
02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177962

fj45lvr
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM

even if there isn't (which is questionable) there is plenty of other valuable metals to use that won't be worthless like paper.

Epic
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM

What does this have to do with anything? Every house is owned by someone or some corporation right now.

SLSteven
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
What happens when we End the Fed?

Big party with lots of champagne!

Knightskye
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Happiness.

steve005
02-02-2009, 08:19 PM

yeah, i'd get a couple hundred at least

What happens when we End the Fed?

what if the "fraction" in fractional researve banking is raised to like 50%? would that work?
Also I saw a thread that pointed out that the settelers two hundred years ago had a fractional researve banking system in place, anyone know what fraction they used?

steve005
02-04-2009, 12:08 AM
where did this thread go?

pacelli
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
What does this have to do with anything? Every house is owned by someone or some corporation right now.

If we end the fed and return to a gold and silver currency (i.e. not paper), then there will need to be enough physical gold and silver in circulation to cover the monthly expenditures and savings of all people, businesses, and governments within the US. How much physical gold & silver would this take, and, is there enough physical gold and silver available to cover the amount?