PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Exhaustive List of Government Failures

raystone
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I know, it probably would include virtually the federal government has tried..

EDIT: Ok, I'm adding to this list. It seems an existing list should be on the net somewhere, but maybe not ?

War on Poverty - Failing since 1964
Department of Education/No Child Left Behind - Spending more, testing more, and children fairing increasingly poorer.
Ending homelessness - Failure
Prosperity for All - Exact opposite result
Prohibition - 1919 to 1933
The Great Society Social Security- Insolvent in 2020
& Medicare: Insolvent in 2025
Japanese internment camps - Free American citizens placed in prison camps
Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac
Liberty for All - Liberties are being removed, one by one
Emergency responsiveness - New Orleans/Katrina was government disaster. Our citizens are still living in FEMA trailers.
War on Drugs - Lost with the additional effect of expensive prison overcrowding
The New Deal - increased severity and length of Great Depression
Creation of the Federal Reserve Private Banking Cartel - Led to you losing over 96% of your buying power since 1913.
Massive Foreign Intelligence Failures led to 9/11 (fed government's answer was to create another level of beauracracy)
War on Terror - More Terrorists being Created Each Day Leading to Greater Terrorist Overall Numbers
Foreign Invasions - all non declared wars have led to massive American loss of life and quagmires
Subsidized public transit - Amtrak and most metro light rail systems and subways are broke
Veteran's Administration - Treatment of our veterans is an insult to the men and women who served our country
FDA - dozens of approved drugs killed thousands; promising experimental drugs take years to get approved. The FDA is a revolving door with big pharma.
EPA - continuing air, water, and land pollution.
Illegal Immigration - we can go to the moon, but we can't build a fence and control illegal immigration ?
Space moon program, ok, that worked.

MsDoodahs
02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
There used to be a list of "intelligence" failures, it was excellent...it's been a few years since I looked for it, but it may still be available somewhere.

TastyWheat
02-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Senate Restaurant - Embarrassing Failure (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/08/AR2008060801765.html?hpid=topnews)
National Defense Education Act - Expensive Failure (http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2008/09/09/obama-touts-failed-federal-program/)

emazur
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM
You forgot a big one - prohibition was a massive failure.

And you can file the Japanese internment camps under 'Freedom for All' - epic fail there. Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping as well.

Curbing illegal immigration? FAIL. Feds need the money illegal immigrants pay into the Social Security system but don't get back to cover the cost of Social Security for everyone else. Hell, they even encourage illegal immigration:
"Illegal immigrants filing taxes more than ever
While trying to avoid one federal agency, they collaborate with IRS"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18077009/

edit: Oh, and of course the Vietnam War

sevin
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Young Paleocon
02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Upholding the constitution

surf
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Amtrak
"Intelligence" - see 9/11
"No child left behind"

Brassmouth
02-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Lol you guys are gonna be a while if you're gonna list all the government's failures. It might be easier to list it's successes:

NULL SET

UtahApocalypse
02-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Dude this is the Internet, we don't have enough space for a list like that :P

Danke
02-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Lol you guys are gonna be a while if you're gonna list all the government's failures. It might be easier to list it's successes:

NULL SET

Dude this is the Internet, we don't have enough space for a list like that :P

Beautiful, thanks guys! :D

itsthepathocrats
02-01-2009, 09:52 PM
There are NO government failures, only the publics misunderstanding of their goals. For example, the Vietnam War was a resounding success once its strategic objectives are accurately explained and understood.

Your objective should be to try to take all those things you consider to be failures and figure out why they were really achieving objectives that you do not yet understand. Find the objectives and you will find what you consider to be truth.

lucius
02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
There are NO government failures, only the publics misunderstanding of their goals. For example, the Vietnam War was a resounding success once its strategic objectives are accurately explained and understood.

Your objective should be to try to take all those things you consider to be failures and figure out why they were really achieving objectives that you do not yet understand. Find the objectives and you will find what you consider to be truth.

well put...

Chase
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Suggestion: Just refer to the congressional record, and extract anything Ron Paul does. :D

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-02-2009, 12:14 AM
nt

mport1
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM

NULL SET

Haha, you beat me to it. I can't think of a single government success. Even if the government did "succeed" at something, the way they went about it was through theft and violence so that is hardly a success.

raystone
02-02-2009, 08:48 AM

I understand what you are saying, however, my audience isn't ready for a full description of NWO end game, propaganda, media control, 2 party false dichotomy, government creation of pliable citizens, and indocrination. It makes them turn away to their idiot box and nightly six pack.

I believe to persuade, first, questions must be asked, and problems raised from a point of understanding. Examples of questions to the constitutionally unaware: You are paying tax on every gallon of gas you buy to keep our roads in good shape. Why are our roads and bridges falling apart ?

You keep working harder and longer hours. 2 income wage earners. Why can't you ever seem to get ahead ?

So, I want the list to make themselves ask some of the big questions. What is (federal) government doing well for us ? The follow up question will be: What should the role of federal government be ?

raystone
02-02-2009, 02:17 PM
You forgot a big one - prohibition was a massive failure.

And you can file the Japanese internment camps under 'Freedom for All' - epic fail there. Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping as well.

Curbing illegal immigration? FAIL. Feds need the money illegal immigrants pay into the Social Security system but don't get back to cover the cost of Social Security for everyone else. Hell, they even encourage illegal immigration:
"Illegal immigrants filing taxes more than ever
While trying to avoid one federal agency, they collaborate with IRS"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18077009/

edit: Oh, and of course the Vietnam War

thank you, I added them all

mconder
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Anyone say Fanie and Fredie?

trey4sports
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
*government*
EPIC fail

tangent4ronpaul
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Such a list of failures has been published. It's called the Congressional Record.

-t

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
A Picture is worth a thousand words...

But, some pictures are worth a thousand failures!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/28bailout_bafoons.jpg

raystone
02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Such a list of failures has been published. It's called the Congressional Record.

-t

Would be amazing if someone itemized each piece of passed legislation and then described the resulting failure. Would be extremely powerful stuff.

surf
02-02-2009, 10:29 PM
how about NASAs screw up with (i think it was) a Mars explorer - someone must remember this. turns out the calculations used to deploy the chutes were using the metric system but the programers used feet instead of meters....

found it:

Mars Climate Orbiter — In 1999 NASA lost a $125 million Mars orbiter because one engineering team used metric units while another used US customary units for a calculation.

"NASA lost a $125 million Mars orbiter because one engineering team used metric units while another used English units for a key spacecraft operation, according to a review finding released Thursday. For that reason, information failed to transfer between the Mars Climate Orbiter spacecraft team at Lockheed Martin in Colorado and the mission navigation team in California. Lockheed Martin built the spacecraft. "People sometimes make errors," said Edward Weiler, NASA's Associate Administrator for Space Science in a written statement."

emazur
02-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Would be amazing if someone itemized each piece of passed legislation and then described the resulting failure. Would be extremely powerful stuff.

I haven't looked at it but there's the Congressional Pig Book Summary:
http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=reports_pigbook2008

Also another failure you might add is Katrina~FEMA - personally I wasn't paying much attention when that happened but pretty much everyone considers it a fiasco at best.