PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck is a friend of liberty

Nate K
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I've always liked Glenn but wasn't sure till now if I would call him a friend of the cause (watching reruns on fox) when he made a statement that goes something like, "This is the problem with America, people think we're invincible simply because we're America and nothing bad can ever happen."

That is the type of thinking that separates thinkers from neocon stinkers. I think some of you need to recognize he's done a LOT of good for the cause and has been absolutely remarkable on his new show thus far. In case anyone hasn't seen it - Inconvenient Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNS8IY_Td14)

I'll probably get flamed by the haters but I don't mind them, they gave us a bad image sending him hateful mail.

Kotin
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree.. he has come quite far.

I think of him as an ally.

Xenophage
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Glenn isn't an enemy. He's not real philosophically strong, nor is he always a clear thinker - but he's certainly a clearer thinker than most talk show hosts. I find myself enjoying his show more often than not.

mediahasyou
02-01-2009, 02:52 PM
He is one of the best of the msm.

michaelwise
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
It seems to me like he is getting religion.

ARealConservative
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't really trust him, but right now he is about the best voice we have on MSM

Kludge
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
He may be friendly with liberty, but I still dislike him.

rockjoa
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Listen to his show he really gets it. He hires his own research team to look into issues we face, in this process he really gained insite into the crisis and its causes. He is waking lots of people up and letting them know what will happen to help them prepare physically and mentally. His view is that we should become people of value and integrity, and invest in things of true value. He may not be correct on everything but is willing to admit mistakes.

I think he is valuable to the liberty movement.

ClayTrainor
02-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Im still undecided.

I want to like him, and i like *nearly* everything he's been saying lately however, something about him seems a bit phony to me.

He just seems more like an entertainer than a News guy. I heard he even does a live standup comedy tour, is this true?

I worry that FOX is somehow trying to harness some of the power of our movement, for their own purposes, and they will use beck to do this.

It could just be that i don't trust the media, and I will always be skepticle of the talking heads they put in front of me.

Beck is DEFINITELY one of my favorite MSM pundits, but that's really not saying too much.

Conza88
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
MEMORY HOLE ALERT.

Ffs people. Get a grip on reality.

Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

What you will now see in the Media (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088)

Ron Paul: Gold Standard 1/30/09 Fox Business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPSmslIOfc)

^ Check that shit out!

They are helping him explain the point! People picture carrying around gold, when you mention the gold standard.. they set that money gag up, so they could help the viewers connect with what Ron was saying, to show it ISN'T insane.

Proves my point exactly... FOX HELPING RON MAKE HIS POINT?! :eek:

His message NEVER CHANGED. They were bemoaning him a few months ago, "GOLD STANDARD?! ROFLCOPTER" "KOOK"

And whats even more hilarious, it was that same guy...

This ain't genuine, this again - just trying to bring people into the fold.

Point being, move people in the direction of lewrockwell.com and mises.org WHILE YOU CAN. :)

I guarantee it. If you started going around telling people to watch Glenn Beck, COME THE NEXT TERROR ATTACK - which Biden has been talking about, you fcken KNOW for god damn sure, BECK is going to revert back to his bullshit, "DOMESTIC TERRORISTS".

And guess what a-holes, RON PAUL SUPPORTERS are going to be in the firing line.

Supporting BECK is supporting your own demise. Good luck with that. I for one, won't jump off the cliff, or give the enemy the handgun. :rolleyes:

nate895
02-01-2009, 05:13 PM
MEMORY HOLE ALERT.

Ffs people. Get a grip on reality.

Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

What you will now see in the Media (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088)

I guarantee it. If you started going around telling people to watch Glenn Beck, COME THE NEXT TERROR ATTACK - which Biden has been talking about, you fcken KNOW for god damn sure, BECK is going to revert back to his bullshit, "DOMESTIC TERRORISTS".

Supporting BECK is supporting your own demise. Good luck with that. I for one, won't jump off the cliff, or give the enemy the handgun. :rolleyes:

People can change their minds, and Glenn Beck has changed his tune on a lot of issues since then. He even has Ron Paul and Penn Jillette on and agrees with most of what they're saying.

ClayTrainor
02-01-2009, 05:16 PM
People can change their minds you moron, and Glenn Beck has changed his tune on a lot of issues since then. He even has Ron Paul and Penn Jillette on and agrees with most of what they're saying.

was Penn on recently?

I wouldnt mind watching that.

sparebulb
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Bleckt is a friend of liberty............if the definition of liberty is fascism.

nate895
02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
was Penn on recently?

I wouldnt mind watching that.

He was on sometime late last week. I don't where to find a video, however.

ClayTrainor
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
He was on sometime late last week. I don't where to find a video, however.

I'm sure i can find it somewhere, thanks for the info :cool:

Conza88
02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
People can change their minds you moron, and Glenn Beck has changed his tune on a lot of issues since then. He even has Ron Paul and Penn Jillette on and agrees with most of what they're saying.

Yeah, David Asman has changed his minds aswell!!! :rolleyes:

Ron Paul: Gold Standard 1/30/09 Fox Business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHPSmslIOfc)

So much so, everybody at fox news has also suddenly changed their mind!

It's a friggin miracle! Everyones now a libertarian or at least using the rhetoric, and is attacking the status quo. ZOMG?!!?!111 Like it's genuine folks, they weeeeeellly weeaallyyy means it. I lub my mainstream media, they use logic and reasoning...!!11 they aren't some fourth estate, or are much more effective than pravda!! Hell no, Ron Paul has been saying the exact same thing for about a year now... BUT NO, they're converted now. They've seeeeeenzzz teh lightssss?!!

</being a retard>

Seriously, wake up. Again.

Nyte
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Beck talks about issues with a libertarian/constitutional perspective... When I listen to Beck, I feel he's sincerely trying to promote individual liberty and personal responsibility.

You won't get that from Limbaugh or Hannity.

He might not be the "perfect" mouthpiece for liberty, but he's waking people up. That, to me, means that he's a friend for now.

nate895
02-01-2009, 05:41 PM

It's a friggin miracle! Everyones now a libertarian or at least using the rhetoric, and is attacking the status quo. ZOMG?!!?!111 Like it's genuine folks, they weeeeeellly weeaallyyy means it. I lub my mainstream media, they use logic and reasoning...!!11 they aren't some fourth estate, or are much more effective than pravda!! Hell no, Ron Paul has been saying the exact same thing for about a year now... BUT NO, they're converted now. They've seeeeeenzzz teh lightssss?!!

</being a retard>

David Asman has always said shit like that. I say that because I have watched Fox since they were on the air, and David Asnan has been there from the beginning.

nobody's_hero
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
One year ago, I would have voted "no" without hesitation because I'd just learned about Ron Paul and Beck was being terribly closed-minded towards the r3volution.

Two years ago, I would have voted "yes" because I'd never heard of Ron Paul and was rather closed-minded.

Now, I say "undecided", although I am decided on one thing—Glenn Beck has made some drastic improvements, but he is still a work in progress. So am I. So are we all.

RevolutionSD
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
He's pro-war, therefore he is for the theft of money from citizens to pay for the murder of innocent people over seas. Someone please explain to me how this could be construed as liberty?

Conza88
02-01-2009, 06:26 PM
He's pro-war, therefore he is for the theft of money from citizens to pay for the murder of innocent people over seas. Someone please explain to me how this could be construed as liberty?

They can't. Because its not. :)

Beck propagates the false left / right paradigm.

If you're free market or libertarian - you're pro war.

EPIC fail.

Conza88
02-01-2009, 07:25 PM
David Asman has always said shit like that. I say that because I have watched Fox since they were on the air, and David Asnan has been there from the beginning.

David Asman has always tried to help illustrate Ron Paul's points? Riiiiiiiiiight.

When/if Ron Paul runs again..... David, Beck, and the rest of the crew won't be dropping bombs like the rest of them? Suuuuuuure.

Fox won't rubbish him at every chance they get? They'll let him into the debate's no problems asked... Yeeeeeeeaaaah.

David assnan wasn't swooning for bailouts? News to me. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM

Thank you Conza, for beating me to the punch.

Beck has one hell of a lot of atoning to do, before I'll give him a pass for giving that Horowitz douche free reign to call us all "terrorists" on his show, not to mention his many other "squishy" moments.

And everybody will shout hosannas to the heavens because Beck has, or has appeared to have, seen the light.

Yet fully half this forum audience will go into fits of apoplexy by merely mentioning the name of Alex Jones, who has been a consistent and unflagging media voice for Ron Paul and maximum liberty for 15 years now.

purplechoe
02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
The only person I trust on Fox is Cody Willard on Fox Business and to a lesser extant Cavuto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-t2IHg1Fl8

Conza88
02-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you Conza, for beating me to the punch.

Beck has one hell of a lot of atoning to do, before I'll give him a pass for giving that Horowitz douche free reign to call us all "terrorists" on his show, not to mention his many other "squishy" moments.

And everybody will shout hosannas to the heavens because Beck has, or has appeared to have, seen the light.

Yet fully half this forum audience will go into fits of apoplexy by merely mentioning the name of Alex Jones, who has been a consistent and unflagging media voice for Ron Paul and maximum liberty for 15 years now.

So, so, soo true.

I think this is a great historical example.

The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

Then "it" (911) happens, and you get the real Bush, all the rhetoric and BS falls away. The exact same thing will happen with Beck.

Atm, the war on terror is getting massive down play. "Obama is here. It's all over. Guantanamo is closed" It's just a LULL in the battle though! And this is Fox News, filling in the "lull" before the next terror attack. Trying to bring folks back into the fold... all those disenchanted 'right wingers' pissed at government.

FOX is the "right wing" network. When the next attack happens, they'll be back in full force, louder and more pro-war, anti-domestic terrorist's than ever. Forget about this 'free market' rhetoric, there is only one thing being advocated - and it is fear and tyranny.

This is the calm before the storm.

TastyWheat
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
He's got a good point of view on domestic affairs, although he did have a lapse of judgment on the first bailout, but he was pretty much all the way with Bush's foreign policies. I think he does more good for our cause than harm though.

paulitics
02-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Beck talks about issues with a libertarian/constitutional perspective... When I listen to Beck, I feel he's sincerely trying to promote individual liberty and personal responsibility.

You won't get that from Limbaugh or Hannity.

He might not be the "perfect" mouthpiece for liberty, but he's waking people up. That, to me, means that he's a friend for now.

The personal responsibility thing is a big thing to me. I hear him tell his audience to go out and buy guns and gold, become self sufficent, etc, even mentions seccession from the Union. Pretty astounding for a "mainstream" guy.

However, he still belittles the 4th amendment regularly, and insinuates that some in the Ron paul movement can be potential terrorists. I heard him make that claim about a month ago, so it wasn't just that one time. How he can hold these contradictory thoughts in his head does raise suspicions about his genuiness.

I am also concerned that he will lead his audience to the slaughter when the time comes. Until I him hear disavow his neocon ways completely, and 100% SUPPORT THE 4TH AMENDMENT, HABEUS CORPUS, AND THE RULE OF LAW, I can't trust him. The truth is he only supports the Bill of Rights part of the time, which should be antithetical to libertarianism.

Nyte
02-02-2009, 02:09 AM
I am also concerned that he will lead his audience to the slaughter when the time comes. Until I him hear disavow his neocon ways completely, and 100% SUPPORT THE 4TH AMENDMENT, HABEUS CORPUS, AND THE RULE OF LAW, I can't trust him. The truth is he only supports the Bill of Rights part of the time, which should be antithetical to libertarianism.

Does this help?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9fuIvksLw

As I said, he's not perfect. But since about mid-fall I've noticed a big change in his approach.

transistor
02-02-2009, 04:43 AM
better than most, but still a huge doucher

speciallyblend
02-02-2009, 08:23 AM
beck is the biggest joke on tv and we are the punchline!! beck is useless and just an entertainer. he doesn't give a dam about liberty,just his paychecks and the mouth piece of msm.

newbitech
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
no. He is still in denial re: military spending over seas. We can't end the fed and continue to push an interventionist foreign policy.

Nyte
02-02-2009, 09:34 AM
beck is the biggest joke on tv and we are the punchline!! beck is useless and just an entertainer. he doesn't give a dam about liberty,just his paychecks and the mouth piece of msm.

So by your standards, is there ANYONE in the MSM that gives a damn about liberty?

Yes, he's an entertainer... He didn't get where he's at by not being entertaining. But if you actually listen to his shows for more than two seconds, you'll hear him trying to spoon-feed morsels of enlightenment to his listeners.

I listen to Beck for 30 min on my way home from work. I wouldn't say that time is waisted. And I find that more often than not, he's right on the money.

speciallyblend
02-02-2009, 09:36 AM
So by your standards, is there ANYONE in the MSM that gives a damn about liberty?

Yes, he's an entertainer... He didn't get where he's at by not being entertaining. But if you actually listen to his shows for more than two seconds, you'll hear him trying to spoon-feed morsels of enlightenment to his listeners.

I listen to Beck for 30 min on my way home from work. I wouldn't say that time is waisted. And I find that more often than not, he's right on the money.

not one person on tv is for Liberty. it is all soap operas. notone show on tv is news it is all entertainment.
so yes everyone on msm is a joke in my eyes and i take them seriously about 0%

i believe nick news before any tv station(sarcasm)

I trust RPF before i trust anything beck or the bs talking heads say!!!
beck is a bs artist

beck is a joke in my eyes and not worthy of my time!!

speciallyblend
02-02-2009, 09:37 AM

i was a big beck fan for yrs and fox . I cannot watch them anymore they are liars and beck is full of it. he is all talk no action!!

NerveShocker
02-02-2009, 11:08 AM

</being a retard>

It's really simple Conza. The last 9/10 I've watched Glenn Beck I agreed with everything he said, or the vast majority of it. On other channels or with other hosts with the exception of Neil Cavuto I disagree with everything they say 9/10 of the time. I would much prefer to have some1 taking up a slot on Fox News saying things I can agree with 90% of the time than to be replaced with some1 disagreeing with essentially everything I believe in. If Glenn Beck starts going off about Terrorism then we should do our best to set him right and push for Ron Paul to be on the show and show him another view, he is always willing to have him on. To me he is helping us greatly get our message out, at least when it comes to economic freedom, and is only incorrect when it comes to the "War on Terror" as you pointed out. Hopefully we can turn him around on that and we will have a media pundit who is almost completely in agreement with our cause. It's also worth noting he has already changed a lot after listening to people like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff speaking about important issues.

mconder
02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Ron Paul and his supporters take "Ron Paul Revolution" too literally.

I think time will show that we didn't take it literally enough.

Anti Federalist
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
i think time will show that we didn't take it literally enough.

+1776

Nyte
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
i think time will show that we didn't take it literally enough.

+1776

+1787

glts
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Anyone paid by Faux News isn't a friend to liberty. They may think they are but NOT.

Conza88
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
It's really simple Conza. The last 9/10 I've watched Glenn Beck I agreed with everything he said, or the vast majority of it. On other channels or with other hosts with the exception of Neil Cavuto I disagree with everything they say 9/10 of the time. I would much prefer to have some1 taking up a slot on Fox News saying things I can agree with 90% of the time than to be replaced with some1 disagreeing with essentially everything I believe in. If Glenn Beck starts going off about Terrorism then we should do our best to set him right and push for Ron Paul to be on the show and show him another view, he is always willing to have him on. To me he is helping us greatly get our message out, at least when it comes to economic freedom, and is only incorrect when it comes to the "War on Terror" as you pointed out. Hopefully we can turn him around on that and we will have a media pundit who is almost completely in agreement with our cause. It's also worth noting he has already changed a lot after listening to people like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff speaking about important issues.

It's really simple NerveShocker. The war on terrorism isn't a minor issue sitting in the corner. The only reason Glen is on Fox is because he supports it, and they would seem to put up with his other stuff. As its not going to change anything in the mean time.

Glen only seems reasonable now, because the WAR on Terrorism, is on the back burner whilst Barack is on his 'honeymoon'. Like I said. If/when there is another attack, Glen's going to become our enemy, i.e he's going to be calling us the enemy.

If you think he's going to change on the war issue, think again. He's a right wing gatekeeper. Just like Chomsky is a left wing gatekeeper.

SLSteven
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
I trust RPF before i trust anything beck or the bs talking heads say!!!

That goes without saying!

JamesButabi
02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Between Cody Willard, Cavuto, Beck, and Happy Hour cast. Fox Business is the best MSM we have going right now. Even if it is fake, im enjoying seeing RP on TV every week with positive support, criticism of the federal reserve, and real conservative analysis.

speciallyblend
02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Between Cody Willard, Cavuto, Beck, and Happy Hour cast. Fox Business is the best MSM we have going right now. Even if it is fake, im enjoying seeing RP on TV every week with positive support, criticism of the federal reserve, and real conservative analysis.

actually RPForums is more interesting then all of them;)

Comedy Channel is more serious then those shows:) at least they laugh about it.

Ron Pauls Ideas have been heard loud and clear by many folks:)

the problem is we still have alot of work expelling corrupt gop and dnc leaders. I think there are great victories happening everywhere in every party. Liberty has No Party!! the gop has only one choice listen to what we have to say and act upon it or they will keep losing power. they just might be the next whig party;)

BlackTerrel
02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
He just seems more like an entertainer than a News guy. I heard he even does a live standup comedy tour, is this true?

Does the cause not like humor?