PDA

View Full Version : How the Media Has Failed Us

FreedomFighter8008
02-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Here's a great video on how the media is no longer the free press it was intended to be and how, as a country, it has failed us:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/326.html

heavenlyboy34
02-01-2009, 01:26 PM
He's right, but he doesn't know WHY. ;):(

andrewh817
02-01-2009, 08:14 PM
The media has not failed us, everyone who continues to use mainstream sources has failed themselves.

EPIC1934
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
WHy is there no longer a separate media section on Ron Paul Forums? This is a mistake I think.

I think that we need to rethink our idea of alternative media.

It is not enough to read alternative media. We also have to ACTIVELY ATTACK Corporate Media. By attack I mean of course ctitique and delegitimate. The problem with so called alternative media espeacially internet (note I am not saying there are not a lot of good things about it; this is obviously so) is that it cannot create a critical mass. Even if 33% watch corporate media. it has the capacity to create critical mass and narrative.

Now what do I mean by narrative.

Ok take for example the stages of Watergate. How it was in the news after the first six months nearly every day. How the media broadcast coast to coast saturation coverage of the laterst developments sequentially so that everyone would have know what for example "Rosemarry's Booboo" was and was wondering whether Nixon was going to get out of it.

Now jump to W. Bush. Here is a guy who did ten thousand watergates worth of shere insanity and the media maybe spends two days in a row on the biggest scandels or scramebles them up with a story every year the way the NYT did the NSA spy sattelite revelations. Meanwhile whole diversionary scandals are created about side issues like Valerie Plame that are designed to fizzle and distract the opposition --not how Plame got the Democratic yuppie professionals all in a tizzy but lots could care less and were more worried about he money and the war. and the bigger stuff.

Media can fragment. Our diversity is very superficial. Our media is much more controlled than most think and Alternative media must work to create a crtical mass to solve this problem, or it will pardoxocally not be an alternative but only serve to divide oppositon. Its doing great at that so far.

Zuras
02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Here's a great video on how the media is no longer the free press it was intended to be and how, as a country, it has failed us:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/326.html

Well, that's the most hilarious piece of satire I've seen in quite a while.