PDA

View Full Version : Obama buys 60th senate seat

cindy25
02-01-2009, 05:51 AM
just heard on C-span that he will appoint Judd "Benedict Arnold" Gregg of NH as puppet commerce sect.

can't see much difference between this and Beglo trying to get something for the IL senate seat.

nate895
02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I always thought it was considered bad form for governors to appoint someone from their own party if the seat they are appointing them for is held by the opposing party. I guess not in the new age of the Obama messiah.

gaazn
02-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I think anyone would jump at the chance to get out the GOP ASAP. The GOP was for the stimulus check, for the first bailout TARP, against the bailout of automakers, now against this bailout. It doesn't know what it wants to do. This may be the end of the GOP as we know it. This is the best time for a third party to emerge.

misterx
02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
We knew it was coming. Might as well speed this ship up. The sooner we crash and burn, the sooner we can build a better ship.

cindy25
02-01-2009, 08:11 PM
the problem with that is they have ballot access, something a 3rd party won't ever have.

and if Obama passes national health, who will ever repeal it?
Obama passes national servitute, who will ever repeal it?

FDR's SS is still here, as is his withholding tax, and LBJ's medicare/medicaid.
only Nixon's skill got rid of the draft-and had he not done so no other president would have had the skill or will to do so. Reagan wouldn't even end registration.

the Republicans now are doing the right thing-the problem was BUSH. they just followed a stupid leader.

Anti Federalist
02-02-2009, 12:22 AM
the problem with that is they have ballot access, something a 3rd party won't ever have.

and if Obama passes national health, who will ever repeal it?
Obama passes national servitute, who will ever repeal it?

FDR's SS is still here, as is his withholding tax, and LBJ's medicare/medicaid.
only Nixon's skill got rid of the draft-and had he not done so no other president would have had the skill or will to do so. Reagan wouldn't even end registration.

the Republicans now are doing the right thing-the problem was BUSH. they just followed a stupid leader.

All that will take care of itself. There is no more money.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I think anyone would jump at the chance to get out the GOP ASAP. The GOP was for the stimulus check, for the first bailout TARP, against the bailout of automakers, now against this bailout. It doesn't know what it wants to do. This may be the end of the GOP as we know it. This is the best time for a third party to emerge.

Third parties get no media attention.

Third parties do not get in televised debates.

A political party is what you make of it. If you don't like the one you see, get in there and BECOME it. That's how you change it.

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I posted this a few days ago under the economics / sound money subject:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177537&highlight=gregg

I had the that F$%ker Judd Gregg pegged, Dead On!