PDA

View Full Version : What issues are we not discussing enough?

Rael
02-01-2009, 02:21 AM
I am setting up my political website and am going to write some articles for it. I would like to do something besides the standard news going around. I could write about RFID, the Fed, the bailout etc and I probably will, but everyone else has as well. What other issues are out there lurking beneath the surface that we are not talking about? What other information needs to get out to the public? I would like some ideas.

I also would like some input as to which issues are the most important to bring to people's attention. I don't have the time or resources to touch on every issue, or to explain advanced economics. I would like to pick a handful and really hammer on them.

raystone
02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
The extent to which our elected officials at all levels of government take special interest group money (typically campaign contributions), which later results in legislation and voting in their favor. Special interest groups write nearly half of the 10,000 bills that the House of Representatives and the Senate consider passing into law each congressional term.
-
I don't blame the lobbyists for their legal activity. I blame the voters for not paying attention and realizing their life and money is being controlled by sold out politicians.

bustya
02-01-2009, 04:25 AM
The biggest issue that i can see is the fact that no matter how hard we campaign, none of it will matter if the current method used to count votes remains the same.

eOs
02-01-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.godspeed.dk/officerBarbrady.gif

Conservative Christian
02-01-2009, 06:24 AM
You need to help expose the North American Union. A lot of people have heard of it, but really don't know much about it.

american.swan
02-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I think the upcoming Iditarod should be talked about more and I'm not even from Alaska. And I'm not even being sarcastic. Also Greg Palast reports should be more praised for this efforts for America.

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Subsidies. Every time subsidies are brought up, the topic is met with outrage--but only at the OTHER people getting subsidies.

You could rationally explore how subsidies functionally destroy the industry that they are applied to.

pcosmar
02-01-2009, 07:14 AM
An issue that is only been touched on but needs more attention focused is "Standing Armies".
It supports the Military Industrial complex.
It was an issue the Founders warned about. And is interwoven with several issues,
Also could explore and expose the Police State as a "Standing Army".

Talking about it is a good idea, but the problem is getting "We the People" to do something about it.

Truth Warrior
02-01-2009, 07:35 AM
"Freedom, Peace and Prosperity" in THAT EXACT order.<IMHO>

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
I am setting up my political website and am going to write some articles for it. I would like to do something besides the standard news going around. I could write about RFID, the Fed, the bailout etc and I probably will, but everyone else has as well. What other issues are out there lurking beneath the surface that we are not talking about? What other information needs to get out to the public? I would like some ideas.

I also would like some input as to which issues are the most important to bring to people's attention. I don't have the time or resources to touch on every issue, or to explain advanced economics. I would like to pick a handful and really hammer on them.

The American political system was derived at by the use of natural law. "Natural laws" were the kind of conclusions that science narrowed down to during the time of our Founding-Fathers. This was the bipartisan conclusion known in the conscience of every human soul as self-evident truths and unalienable natural-rights. If the king did not know of these truths and natural rights, being that he or she also had a human conscience, then they were no longer deemed a king or queen ordained with God's power but a tryrant. This gave our Founding-Fathers the divine justification for divorcing the American people out from under tyranny so that they could be remarried to a more perfect government.

In other words, our Founding Fathers weren't terrorists; to the contrary, they had developed the idea of culture to a "Formal" conclusion. This Formal-Culture advanced the social-contract theory, the concept of positive government that originated from Socrates and Plato.

To be an American, one must enter through this door. If not, one will find themselves lost in the complex social sciences of European politics.

forsmant
02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
The human instinct to be social.

torchbearer
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
property taxes.
how US senators are elected.
returning the balance to federalism.

RSLudlum
02-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Eminent Domain needs to be brought up if there's going to be alot of new infrastructure construction going on. Also, the Federal System needs to be nailed into everybody's heads where states are a bulwark against National gov't; so many people just don't understand how powerful the state legislatures could be if they grew some balls.

pinkmandy
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
The use of propaganda and how it is used to undermine not only our rights but the ability of people to think for themselves.

Personally, I'm quite concerned with this push into serving and Obama's civilian force he talked about during his campaign.

Pauls' Revere
02-01-2009, 06:01 PM
The absolute irrelavence of government and what everyone could do in thier way to dissolve it.

More constitutional disscussion the Dems and Repubs dont talk about it.

mediahasyou
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
The human instinct to be social.

This is an issue?

wizardwatson
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
This is an issue?

Hell yes.

Rael
02-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Hell yes.

How so?

Andrew-Austin
02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
The extent to which our elected officials at all levels of government take special interest group money (typically campaign contributions), which later results in legislation and voting in their favor. Special interest groups write nearly half of the 10,000 bills that the House of Representatives and the Senate consider passing into law each congressional term.
-

-Adding on to this, one thing you could cover, is what special interest groups are behind this Democrat controlled government's policies, cover specific things..

-Social unrest in other countries

LibertyEagle
02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
2nd Amendment: By showing a brief history of those countries who first registered guns, then confiscated them, before imprisoning the people of the country.

Why our Founders designed the government such that the majority of the powers was to be left with the states and the people. (This is a big one, because I think shortly, world government is going to be pitched in full bloom). Everything relates back to this.

What the Constitution is primarily designed to do. i.e. limit the power of the federal government (they need to understand why they can't just sit idly by while the Constitution is stripped).

Why is personal privacy important?

What made this country great? Why was it so successful?

+

What Torch said:
property taxes.
how US senators are elected. (Note: and how it badly hurt states' rights)
returning the balance to federalism.

torchbearer
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
they don't sound like important issues but they are essential