PDA

View Full Version : Legislation: Initiative Proposal and Help Needed

nate895
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
I have been working on an initiative in the State of Washington related to adopting gold and silver as legal tender in the State of Washington. I have edited the gold money bill (http://www.goldmoneybill.org/goldbill.pdf) from New Hampshire for the purposes of a Washington State initiative. However, I am not sure if I have caught everything yet. I was also intending to add a section on physical currency. I proposed the idea at our local Campaign for Liberty, and it seems they are determined that the only thing we should be doing is blowing hot air at the state legislature about this issue and going to forums, and maybe supporting initiatives already proposed by more powerful groups. I understand their concerns about resources, but we are never going to get recruits blowing hot air and supporting another group's initiatives.

Their primary concern being resources, they should be able to get behind an initiative if I can muster enough pledged resources beforehand. I was wondering how many people would pledge money/personal resources to such an effort. I intend to setup a website to gather pledges, and I would need help on exactly how to setup a pledge counter. I think if I can gather $50,000 pledged, plus 250 volunteers, then I can get them behind the initiative and gather more money and volunteers.

I will file the initiative as soon as I get all the kinks worked out, I find an official sponsor, and I feel there is enough support to not make it embarrassing. This initiative would pass if we can get the resources mustered and success would give us a notable victory among the electorate. Success of the measure itself will go along way to the eventual adoption of free market economics on the Federal level.