PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question: Who's gonna take over for Ron Paul when he dies? Jesse Benton?

ghemminger
01-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Been thinking about this lately - RP is becoming the beacon for Liberty - Even with the MSM. HE could die at any time - WHO will step in to fill the vacume?

Kotin
01-31-2009, 02:15 PM
if you think Jesse Benton is the one to take over then you are delusional.

Matt Collins
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Ugh....

nate895
01-31-2009, 02:19 PM
We need to clone Ron Paul so that we have a continuous stream of them.

pacelli
01-31-2009, 02:21 PM
George is onto something here. I can totally see Jesse Benton having the desire to take Ron's congressional seat.

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
there will never be another Ron Paul. This is the fatal flaw that has screwed the gop for life in my eyes!!

brandon
01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Me.

torchbearer
01-31-2009, 02:26 PM
are you looking for someone to lead you?

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Billionairesforbenton ??? :p

Seriously, we are all Ron Paul.

Liberty is the beacon. RP is like a captain, who kept his ship in sight of her, and drew in enough of us to remember our values, and follow the truth.

A growing armada :D

Natalie
01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Ron Paul is going to live until he's 100. He's in great shape.

And I believe Josh already bought the domain RandPaulForums.com :D ;)

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Billionairesforbenton ??? :p

Seriously, we are all Ron Paul.

Liberty is the beacon. RP is like a captain, who kept his ship in sight of her, and drew in enough of us to remember our values, and follow the truth.

A growing armada :D

haha a growing armada you bet and i am about to take my ramming ship and start sinking some of our own boats that need sinking:)

Original_Intent
01-31-2009, 02:40 PM
There really isn't anyone that is going to replace RP. He is such a mixture of rare qualities that I have never seen anyone quite like him.

He has very little ego, or if he has one he keeps it well controlled. That alone is rare among a "leader" because most people that seek leadership positions do so for egotistical reasons.

He has wisdom that almost always ONLY comes with years of experience.

He has unmatched integrity.

He is willing to stand alone in the face of ridicule.

He truly works to serve others, not have them serve him (ego again).

He probably is genius or near genius IQ.

He is religious, but not divisive.

Any one of these traits are probably 1% of the population or less. Having them all in one person jsut doesn't happen that often. And getting all of those factors in someone who shares our political outlook, even less so.

I'd say he is irreplaceable. we just got to keep him healthy for another 30 years.

trey4sports
01-31-2009, 02:40 PM
ghemminger

Jeremy
01-31-2009, 02:46 PM
BJ Lawson

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:48 PM
There really isn't anyone that is going to replace RP. He is such a mixture of rare qualities that I have never seen anyone quite like him.

He has very little ego, or if he has one he keeps it well controlled. That alone is rare among a "leader" because most people that seek leadership positions do so for egotistical reasons.

Any one of these traits are probably 1% of the population or less. Having them all in one person jsut doesn't happen that often. And getting all of those factors in someone who shares our political outlook, even less so.

I'd say he is irreplaceable. we just got to keep him healthy for another 30 years.

Yep, everything you just said is why i went into debt for Ron Paul:) Everything i did for his campaign was because i know he was right!!! I doubt there will ever be another politician that can come close to Ron Paul!!!

We can only Hope,but i can smell BS from a mile away!

Ron Paul is Mother Theresa of the gop and what they(gop leadership) did to him this election will never be forgiven! until the gop sees the light which i highly doubt!!!

It will take about 12-20 yrs to undue the corrupt bush era. If we are lucky. Thank the gop leadership for bush/obama and everything that has happened. the gop gets exactly what they deserve obamo and the dems!!!

trey4sports
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
lawson would be great, he needs to get elected to a position first though

Kotin
01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
BJ Lawson

I think we can all agree BJ Lawson is awesome... if anyone could do it, I believe it would be him..

Jeremy
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
I think we can all agree BJ Lawson is awesome... if anyone could do it, I believe it would be him..

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOM

http://lawsonsminutemen.com/images/viewppl.jpg

Epic
01-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Rand Paul / BJ Lawson

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:56 PM
BJ Lawson
in about 10-20 yrs maybe;) but he is a good choice storm. i got to meet him backstage at the pre rally event!!

hopefully he can win an office soon:) that would help,but he lives in a very hard district!! i use to live in NC!!

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:57 PM
lawson would be great, he needs to get elected to a position first though

i wish lawson would move to Colorado, give nc back to the british;)

MRoCkEd
01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Lawson would be my top pick - but yeah, he needs to be elected first.

nate895
01-31-2009, 03:09 PM
BJ Lawson should move out of his district and challenge a Democrat in a swing district. I'd look into moving into the thirteenth, which is nearby the 4th and the only crushing defeat for a Democrat there was because his opponent was really stupid.

Jeremy
01-31-2009, 03:16 PM
BJ can win his district if Dems lose popularity like they did during the Clinton administration.

nate895
01-31-2009, 03:18 PM
BJ can win his district if Dems lose popularity like they did during the Clinton administration.

Still, it would be hard. The district just North of his, the 13th, is much easier to win in.

Dustancostine
01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Been thinking about this lately - RP is becoming the beacon for Liberty - Even with the MSM. HE could die at any time - WHO will step in to fill the vacume?

I hope that this person runs for Ron's Seat when he can no longer serve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ZC26KGb5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Usg5vDGZeg

Debra Medina, Ron Paul's 2008 Congressional Campaign Coordinator, 2008 Republican Party of Texas Vice Chair Candidate, Wharton County Republican Party Chair, Texas State Interim Coordinator and Board Member of the Campaign for Liberty.

Spike
01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
like father, like son

scandinaviany3
01-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Makes sense that Rand Paul would take over...anyone that watches him on kentucky TV or saw him on the trail knows he is the real deal

anaconda
01-31-2009, 03:48 PM

Very thoughtful and correct post. I do believe there are many bright people with economic understanding and spiritually evolved characters. They need to be located and asked to run for office, and then supported like RP was in 2007-08 but with an ever increasingly wide audience. We should research and approach people for the job. Perhaps multiple people.

RonPaulwillWin
01-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Peter Schiff or Me.

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2009, 04:35 PM

No single person. An army of RP supporters. ;):D:)

pacelli
01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
anybody got any videos of Rand Paul on the media? Kinda curious how he'd come off to your average voter.

Theocrat
01-31-2009, 05:01 PM

The Constitution Party. (http://www.constitutionparty.com/) :)

Epic
01-31-2009, 06:32 PM
anybody got any videos of Rand Paul on the media? Kinda curious how he'd come off to your average voter.

He'd be a good politician. There are some youtube videos of him.

constitutional
01-31-2009, 06:44 PM
Time to put the lunatic back into the cage?

Kludge
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Why haven't we been starting efforts on behalf of BJ yet? He's viable, ethical, and a fantastic speaker.

I suppose because *I* haven't started anything? :p

Hamer
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
He better not be because Jesse is an idiot.

Number19
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
I hope that this person runs for Ron's Seat when he can no longer serve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1ZC26KGb5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Usg5vDGZeg

Debra Medina, Ron Paul's 2008 Congressional Campaign Coordinator, 2008 Republican Party of Texas Vice Chair Candidate, Wharton County Republican Party Chair, Texas State Interim Coordinator and Board Member of the Campaign for Liberty.Debra is certainly at the front of the grassroots movement down here in Texas, truly an individual with integrity. I can definitely see her being a candidate here in District 14 and she would have Ron's support. She's the kind of person who would run if asked, but equally would throw her support behind another candidate if that person was Ron's handpicked successor.

trey4sports
01-31-2009, 07:24 PM
all i know is that ron paul, is the absolute epitome of what a hero ought to be. if i werent atheist i would build a temple of Ron Paul meditation

Anti Federalist
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
As has already been stated, RP is one of a kind, the mold was broken.

Such a combination of intelligence without hubris, persistence without goading, strength without aggression, virtue without haughtiness, is rare indeed.

He is the real deal.

It will be a sad day indeed when "this earthy grossness he doth quit."

I Am Weasel
01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Rand Paul

NerveShocker
02-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Well this movement was never about Ron Paul as he made sure to remind everyone constantly. It's about the message and the message will never die. Whoever replaces Ron Paul as our candidate is not as important as how prepared the mainstream is for a new type of message. If we did anything wrong when Ron Paul was running it was focusing too much on him. Maybe instead of blimps saying Google Ron Paul it should have said Google Austrian Economics or Fiat Money. My point is people are more open to embrace ideas and facts rather than people, especially if they are trained to dislike or disregard certain people(As Democrats are Republicans and vice versa). Basically I think we just need to focus on our message and not worry about the people, if the country is ready for him/her, they'll come.

jmlfod87
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Whoever Ron Paul chooses to take his congressional seat. He has a lot of good friends, could be anyone.

speciallyblend
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
The Constitution Party. (http://www.constitutionparty.com/) :)

no they will not. they alienate the average voter by making their convention look like more of a sermon. I voted for chuck baldwin but the cp brand name is not worth selling.
We will need a new party that merges the lp/cp/rpr/dems/indys etc etc.
A new Brand Name aka Liberty Party!!!!

the gop is over in my eyes. I cannot have faith in the devil. The new leadership are the devils in my eyes and the same ole devils across every state are still in power.

put the dying dog down now...

the cp must merge into a new party and be accepting to all and tone down their platform!!!

qh4dotcom
02-01-2009, 12:12 PM
By the time Ron Paul dies, the country will be so screwed up that maybe finally people will have gotten tired of Republicans and Democrats and a 3rd party will rise.

That is what the modern day Nostradamus, Gerald Celente, is predicting

http://www.prisonplanet.com/celente-predicts-revolution-food-riots-tax-rebellions-by-2012.html

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party

anaconda
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
By the time Ron Paul dies, the country will be so screwed up that maybe finally people will have gotten tired of Republicans and Democrats and a 3rd party will rise.

That is what the modern day Nostradamus, Gerald Celente, is predicting

http://www.prisonplanet.com/celente-predicts-revolution-food-riots-tax-rebellions-by-2012.html

If we have to wait until Ron Paul dies we'll be waiting a goddamn long time. I suggest we set our sights a good deal sooner.

Imperial
02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
are you looking for someone to lead you?

Great point. I think people need to realize one thing: Ron Paul has already done what he will do in my eyes, although there is one last chance for something big in 2012. He has awakened a powerful grassroots network, although it is scattered. However, Ron Paul himself is testament to something. He is one principled man among the Republicans, and yet he created this movement. Even if Ron Paul dies, his legacy will live on. It could be ten years from now, but somebody else will emerge. Ron Paul has set the match up; it just needs to be lit. Anybody could emerge and take the leadership, but now we have something going. Something to swim against the tide for the day when we are ready to reverse it and spearhead our own cause.

Matt Collins
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
anybody got any videos of Rand Paul on the media? Kinda curious how he'd come off to your average voter.Yes... just search for "Rand Paul" on YouTube

Matt Collins
02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Rand Paul / BJ Lawson

Makes sense that Rand Paul would take over...anyone that watches him on kentucky TV or saw him on the trail knows he is the real deal

like father, like son

Rand Paul

I got Rand to the TN-CFL training session and organizational meeting yesterday. We spoke about this and he said that he would wait on his wife's permission first lol. He had previously told me he wanted to wait until his sons were grown which makes sense also. Also he did say that he didn't want to do the local offices, he just wanted to run for Congress. He doesn't know when he could run because the political situation in KY is not conducive at the moment to allow for that.

But imagine the possibility.... we could have TWO Dr. R. Paul's in Congress at the same time! :D

sluggo
02-17-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see BJ Lawson move down to Johnson County and challenge Bob Etheridge.

dr. hfn
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I am Ron Paul.

Bruno
02-18-2009, 06:10 PM
We all will replace him.

Bradley in DC
02-18-2009, 07:16 PM
While I wish for (and expect) a long life for Dr. Paul, we need to remember that he has a history of term-limiting himself and not becoming a career politician.

dr. hfn
02-21-2009, 07:01 PM
We are will be Ron Paul.

Austin
02-21-2009, 08:31 PM
While I wish for (and expect) a long life for Dr. Paul, we need to remember that he has a history of term-limiting himself and not becoming a career politician.

Could you expand on this a bit?

John of Des Moines
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
With all due respect to Jesse Benton:

http://www.triviatribute.com/images4/johnbelushi4.jpg