PDA

View Full Version : Where is FEMA for ice storm victims, another Katrina?

ghemminger
01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
Where is FEMA for ice storm victims, another Katrina?

So much for the new Director of FEMA just read an article on MSN that states struck by the recent ice storms out of water and necessities with death toll growing and anger that FEMA slow to respond and little response. Sounds like another Katrina brewing here :mad:

ihsv
01-31-2009, 02:30 PM
We got hit with the ice storm and were out of power for several days. LOTS of damage. The last thing in the world I'd want is FEMA coming to my house. As a community, we weathered it well. Everyone pitched in and we worked out our own problems.

I understand what you're saying, though.

sevin
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
We got hit with the ice storm and were out of power for several days. LOTS of damage. The last thing in the world I'd want is FEMA coming to my house. As a community, we weathered it well. Everyone pitched in and we worked out our own problems.

I understand what you're saying, though.

Same here. I understand the original poster's complaint, but FEMA would only make things worse. All they know how to do is come and put red tape over everything so nothing ever gets done.

phill4paul
01-31-2009, 03:02 PM
The only emergencies FEMA is concerned with will be those in which they can disarm you.;)

Matt Collins
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Well Obama must be racist for not helping all of those poor white people in Kentucky.

nobody's_hero
01-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Whatever you do—don't make it sound like FEMA isn't doing enough. The first reaction from government will be to make it bigger and thus, even more ineffective.

I suggest writing a letter to FEMA officials thanking them for all their help during these ice storms, but that their bureaucracy is no longer needed, should be disbanded, and the funds returned to local and state emergency response organizations...

ryanduff
01-31-2009, 08:16 PM
FEMA is nothing more than an agency that will be used to round up people into concentration camps. If you seriously believed they're here to assist in emergency situations like the National Guard was originally developed for and the Red Cross, you're mistaken. It was created by the government under false pretenses so that they had somebody to build "emergency shelters" to house people, etc.

Zippyjuan
01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Looks like Kentucky is sending in the National Guard to help: http://my.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20090131/4983e8e0_3ca6_15526200901311727225328

Cinderella
01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
we had an ice storm weeks ago and i was left without power for 4 days...i kno people who had no power for over a week...we did just fine without fema...