PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT use MagicJack!

Josh_LA
01-31-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.halturnershow.blogspot.com/2008/12/magicjack-avoid-it-like-plague.html

lucius
01-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Not too say that he might not have something pertinent, but wasn't Hal Turner recently outed as FBI COINTELPRO?

Truth Warrior
01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I HAD been more than a little bit curious about it. ;)

gls
01-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Not too say that he might not have something pertinent, but wasn't Hal Turner recently outed as FBI COINTELPRO?

Yeah, I can't believe people still lend him any credence whatsoever. He works for the feds.

Mini-Me
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I can't believe people still lend him any credence whatsoever. He works for the feds.

I didn't even know who Hal Turner was, so I Googled him...and the very first sentence on his Wikipedia page labels him as a white supremacist and white nationalist. I mean, unless that's some kind of dishonest smear, I'm kind of surprised anyone ever paid attention to him...

Anti Federalist
01-31-2009, 01:38 PM

Yeah, I'm not too keen on Hal Turner either.

That being said, the blog in question is correct, the TOS for Magic Jack does include monitoring of phone calls for spam purposes, among other things.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5447043/magicJack-TOS

Read Section 11

I've also been reading a ton of complaints about lousy tech support, resource drain, overbilling and software crashes.

Mrs. AF was pestering me to get one of these things. Glad I didn't.

Josh_LA
01-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Let's for the sake of argument

Assume he's a racist, liar and a federal government spy.

SO WHAT?

What interest would he have in making you think Magic Jack is a bad product? Personal and financial revenge? Is it not good to be skeptical of things like these?

Is it not true you should examine the TOS before signing up?
Is it not verifiable whether Magic Jack is indeed somehow evil?

Working Poor
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
I like my magic jack

tmosley
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Hal Turner is white noise. Don't pay attention to ANYTHING he says. If he's right about something, it's in the same way a broken clock is right.

Anti Federalist
01-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Hal Turner is white noise. Don't pay attention to ANYTHING he says. If he's right about something, it's in the same way a broken clock is right.

That's this case.

Kalifornia
01-31-2009, 10:43 PM
dude. skype. that is all.

Peace&Freedom
02-01-2009, 01:25 AM
I got a MJ as a Christmas gift. If you've got a used/throwway PC and an all-in-one machine (fax/copier/printer deal), install it and connect the number to the fax. Now the surveillance/resource use issues become moot, and you have a backup phone number to boot.

Josh_LA
02-01-2009, 11:07 PM
That's this case.

he's certainly not completely wrong either, or else you'd use him to see things completely opposite, any info is helpful.

AdamT
02-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Disinfo agent.