PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles rocks. GO PAUL GO

EvilTwinkie
09-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Im sure youve all seen this, but it makes me well up, cause im an Angelino. -
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/09/success-in-la.html

Success in L.A.
Los Angeles enthusiastically received Ron Paul yesterday!

The fundraising reception in the morning was a great success. It was held at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena and tickets were $500 per person. Sold out!

After the breakfast, Dr. Paul went to the University of Southern California. He met with a group of students and press. He then spoke at a rally outside on campus. A police officer estimated the crowd to be between 700-900 people. They cheered Dr. Paul time and time again. Students and professors in the surrounding buildings had windows opened and listened too.

After the rally, Dr. Paul attended a fundraising reception on campus. Tickets were $500 per person for the event. Sold out!

Yesterday evening, Dr. Paul attended a fundraising dinner at the home of Bill Johnson. Tickets were $2,000 per person. Sold out!

Dr. Paul and staff then traveled to San Francisco arriving about 1:00 am this morning. It will be another busy day.

Kent Snyder
Chairman, Ron Paul 2008

Stealth4
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
I wish I could donate him some energy, but it looks like has plenty.

Im honored to support him.

Slugg
09-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Rock on!

noxagol
09-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Sweet. Wish I had money to donate.

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Sweet. Wish I had money to donate.

Just get out the word to older folks who have the money to DonaTE!

ChristopherJ
09-13-2007, 09:25 AM
See I have a hard time believing his fund raising is "about the same" as last quarter. He has had many of these private fund raisers and they have all been very successful. I don't remember him having any of these last quarter. My original thought was he would raise between 3.5 & 5 million for the quarter, but I would not be surprised at all if he raises more than that. I remain cautiously optimistic we will be pleasantly surprised by this quarters numbers. Then all the MSM hacks are going to have to eat their words!!

ghemminger
09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
See I have a hard time believing his fund raising is "about the same" as last quarter. He has had many of these private fund raisers and they have all been very successful. I don't remember him having any of these last quarter. My original thought was he would raise between 3.5 & 5 million for the quarter, but I would not be surprised at all if he raises more than that. I remain cautiously optimistic we will be pleasantly surprised by this quarters numbers. Then all the MSM hacks are going to have to eat their words!!

If you speculate - Speculate LOW and admonish others to do the same - Some IDIOT always starts a thread here and everyone jumps in over hyping results - word gets out and the MEDIA cover its...If we don't hit expectations we lose!

Elwar
09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I think the best thing for any fund raising analysis is to outwardly speculate on a low number while inwardly hoping for those high numbers.

All campaigns do it, they act like they're super poor right before the numbers come out so that the media will get the "shock" of large numbers.

FMN coming out saying they had 5-6 million then the real numbers come out at 2.6 million kinda undercuts things. While having the second most money on hand, he still gets open to attack for coming out lower than expected.

It's all psychological, the key is getting more votes in the primaries. Those are the only real numbers that matter.

ChristopherJ
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
If you speculate - Speculate LOW and admonish others to do the same - Some IDIOT always starts a thread here and everyone jumps in over hyping results - word gets out and the MEDIA cover its...If we don't hit expectations we lose!

It's just so darn hard to contain my excitement :p :)