PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama ever mentioned Ron Paul?

Expatriate
01-31-2009, 03:31 AM
I am just curious, I have seen Ron Paul talk about Obama many times, but I have never seen the reverse happen.

Are there any video clips of him giving his opinion on Ron Paul's approach to government? Does he even know he exists?

Bman
01-31-2009, 03:41 AM
I am just curious, I have seen Ron Paul talk about Obama many times, but I have never seen the reverse happen.

Are there any video clips of him giving his opinion on Ron Paul's approach to government? Does he even know he exists?

There's a couple videos out there. And the mention is breif. They are pretty much quick attacks on ROn Paul wanting to get rid of taxes. Pretty much asking the question how would roads get fixed, schools get funding. That type of stuff. As I said to one liberal I work with, those taxes shouldn't and for the most part are not federal taxes.

People get this movement all wrong. I try to explain to them the importance of non-centralized government. Saying how in a centralized system if it fails we all feel the effects.

Expatriate
01-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Do you have links for any of the videos?

I could only find a single article where he mentioned Ron Paul, and all he said when asked was "I'll worry about him if he's in the general election".

Which is basically saying "I don't want to talk about him" since I'm sure he knew that would never happen. :mad:

anaconda
01-31-2009, 03:56 AM

I recall Barky mentioning Ron Paul in a joking context back during the campaign. I can't remember the exact context and I can't get any hits on the internet or youtube. Maybe other RP forums members will recall.

Bman
01-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Do you have links for any of the videos?

I could only find a single article where he mentioned Ron Paul, and all he said when asked was "I'll worry about him if he's in the general election".

Which is basically saying "I don't want to talk about him" since I'm sure he knew that would never happen. :mad:

No I don't. Any mention was breif. Obama is a smart guy. Smart enough to know not to bring Ron Paul into the picture when he's talking.

Knightskye
01-31-2009, 04:40 AM
I remember another thread that asked the exact same question.

I recall Barky mentioning Ron Paul in a joking context back during the campaign. I can't remember the exact context and I can't get any hits on the internet or youtube. Maybe other RP forums members will recall.

Obama talked about how he polled against Republicans. After he was done, someone in the audience called out, "What about Ron Paul?" Obama said he could beat him too.

Also, he was asked about the North American Union, and he mentioned Ron Paul in his answer, at 1:44 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbV8duHcXX0&fmt=18

anaconda
01-31-2009, 05:10 AM
I remember another thread that asked the exact same question.

Obama talked about how he polled against Republicans. After he was done, someone in the audience called out, "What about Ron Paul?" Obama said he could beat him too.

Also, he was asked about the North American Union, and he mentioned Ron Paul in his answer, at 1:44 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbV8duHcXX0&fmt=18

Wow! Obama was lying his ass off in that video!

jkr
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
he lied about being on the CFR too...

Captain America
03-04-2011, 02:40 AM
Does anyone have a link to that video that works?

Dave Aiello
03-04-2011, 02:52 AM
wow, this thread is new!

Captain America
03-04-2011, 03:08 AM
wow, this thread is new!

does that matter?

MODs can i change my name to Lazarus?