PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire mailout and registration deadlines.

paulitics
09-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Ok I contacted the NH State DPT and they do not have a deadline as of yet for when the last day is to switch party identification. It could be november? or much sooner. What this means is all libertarians and democrats in NH need to switch their party identification now. If you are independent than it can wait until I think the day of or day before, but I'm pretty sure its the day of.

over 25% of our voters come from democrat and libertarian. Already being an uphill battle, we will not win if we can't get them to switch over. Our republican voters = the combined total of these two groups. Imagine losing that block of voters!

We can not assume that all libertarians know this important information. Quite conceicvably, alot of them may wait until its too late. So we have the option of either
1) a phone call.
2) a postcard or letter reminder.
3) combination

For democrats, I think we should send them literature (stressing perhaps Paul's Iraq war stance along with civil liberties violations) along with a reminder to switch parties. Personally I think we should not give up on Democrats, but its going to take alot of us to wok together and realize its worth the effort. If not, we should just give up on them, and hope they somehow had the foresight and motivation to learn about Dr Paul without our help. We should also realize that NH is probably our best chance to win, and if we don't win the campaign is over that day.

So please give feedback, and contribute your ideas. These silly little details like registration deadlines are often too overlooked.

Green Mountain Boy
09-13-2007, 08:21 AM
If you are unregistered in NH, I think I read that you can still show up on the day of elections to register and vote right then and there. Does anyone know if this is correct?

paulitics
09-13-2007, 08:28 AM
If you are unregistered in NH, I think I read that you can still show up on the day of elections to register and vote right then and there. Does anyone know if this is correct?

yeah, thats how I interpret it from their website and what I thought I was told on the phone. But we should be concerned with those who ARE registerd from another party and get the word out.

Johnnybags
09-13-2007, 08:49 AM
is as I read it if you are undeclared and voted in the dem election last time you are now a dem unless you switch back! All the independents who picked a dem ballot up need to undeclare themselves all over again as I read it.

paulitics
09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
is as I read it if you are undeclared and voted in the dem election last time you are now a dem.

Do you mean general election as well or just primaries?