PDA

View Full Version : Poll: (Good or Bad) Michael Steele elected GOP chairman

MikeStanart
01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Uh oh?
Remember "I think Ron Paul, basically...for me... Its done" guy?

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srabVeRT26k

He's now the GOP Chairman.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D961N34G1&show_article=1

RonPaulVolunteer
01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Uh oh?
Remember "I think Ron Paul, basically...for me... Its done" guy?

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srabVeRT26k

Hu? Context please... What's done? That clip make no sense whatsoever...

tonesforjonesbones
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
This is not good. Not good at all.

Rocket80
01-30-2009, 04:15 PM
After guiliani and paul had their debate conflict Steele said that, meaning the RP campaign was 'done' as in over, finito. he couldn't have been more wrong because it was THAT altercation that ignited a ton of his support (including mine)

RonPaulFanInGA
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
I was going mention it too. It was after the South Carolina GOP primary debate on May 15, 2007...the one where Paul and Giuliani had their infamous squabble over blowback, Iraq and 9/11.

Afterwards, on Hannity & Colmes on Fox News, Steele said something like: "and Ron Paul, for me, it's done;" meaning Steele was personally writing Paul off as a candidate based on his debate comments with Giuliani.

Lucille
01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
He won't be setting policy. His job is to draw more voters to the party. He's a good spokesman and makes uh Barry ummm look like uhhh inarticulate uhhmm idiot.

He was pretty good about RP during the chairman debate.

I don't like this poll. There's enough of that collectivism, Uncle Tom accusations and "the GOP are pandering" shit going around the lefty blogs!

Should they not have elected him just because he's black, in fear they would be accused of the same pandering?

You can't win with collectivist scum.

michigan wolverine
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Don't you think that he at least deserves a chance to do something. Thinks have changed in the last two years since his statement. And Steele was right the blowback talk did for all intense and purposes ended any chance of Congressman Paul winning the nomination. The conversations I had with other republicans all sounded the same. "I liked everything he(Paul) said except when he stated that we invited 9/11.

angelatc
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
He won't be setting policy. His job is to draw more voters to the party. He's a good spokesman and makes uh Barry ummm look like uhhh inarticulate uhhmm idiot.

He was pretty good about RP during the chairman debate.

I don't like this poll. There's enough of that collectivism, Uncle Tom accusations and "the GOP are pandering" shit going around the lefty blogs!

Should they have not elected him just because he was black in fear they would be accused of the same pandering? You can't win with collectivist scum.

Me too.

ShannonOBrien
01-30-2009, 04:53 PM

"We're going to say to friend and foe alike: We want you to be a part of us, we want you to with be with us, and for those who wish to obstruct, get ready to get knocked over," Steele said.

WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!

LibertyEagle
01-30-2009, 04:59 PM
"We're going to say to friend and foe alike: We want you to be a part of us, we want you to with be with us, and for those who wish to obstruct, get ready to get knocked over," Steele said.

I wondered the same thing and I have to admit, my first thought was that he was talking about US.

wowabunga
01-30-2009, 05:34 PM
"That's Crazy" Is how he spoke of Ron Paul's blow-back facts in the SC debate video. To me the video from South Carolina and the vid from the Chairman questioning session shows me he's sold out his soul. Paid professional panderer.

Here's a little poster I made this week in tribute to the GLOOM, DESPAIR and AGONY the GOP has gifted us....

http://wowabunga.com/liberty/GOP_FaceSM.jpg

http://www.arewestillfree.org/liberty/

Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand
Ramblin Randy

paulitics
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
A shameless Neocon shill. Unimpressed.

huckans
01-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I say give him a chance. I liked his comments at the chairman debate. And notice, at the First in the South, he said "For me." So, he at least had enough humility to qualify his negativity.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I wondered the same thing and I have to admit, my first thought was that he was talking about US.

Of course he's talking about us.

You're either with us, or you're with the terrorists.

nate895
01-30-2009, 10:43 PM

+1

werdd
01-31-2009, 07:53 AM
The republicans have a new strategy.

Do what the democrats do.

BRILLIANT!

mczerone
01-31-2009, 08:33 AM

GOP = Borg

james1844
01-31-2009, 08:56 AM
So, the RNC candidates were asked what they would do to bring Ron Paul people into the party. Steele's answer was frankly the best. He mentioned specifically that he wanted to work closely with Ron Paul. Others, like Saul Azunis and Duncan spoke in more general terms - which suggested they liked the idea of a wider party, but NOT the idea of working with Paul specifically.

Look, the GOP is down. They need us and Steele knows it.

If we want to be influential, to get off the internet and get into the real game, this election is a great opportunity for us.

maqsur
01-31-2009, 09:06 AM
His election is irrelevant. GOP, Dems, etc., will always remain the same. Just a new face on old policies.

He is indeed a neocon shill, but so are most of the GOP officials and "the base." This guy Steele is just one of them.

Nonstory in my opinion.

Aratus
01-31-2009, 11:55 AM
mr. steele's election mush have alan keyes kicking himself once again. i do admit the
"its done" remark will haunt him for the next decade, however if mr. steele is quietly trying
to boost sarah palin's hypothetical future bid, he's going to have to mend bridges as he extends
an olive branch. i think its the democrat top-heavy aspect of the senate giving obama an
almost filibuster-proof string of successes that has the RNC trying a discrete new direction
that does not immediately slap g.w bush or his neo-cons in the face. alan keyes just saw
the governor of illinois loosing his seat in a big way via 59-0 vote and yes, blago~dude
being on the VIEW only made this go along at a faster velocity. i think its the quietly mended
bridges that mr. steele has in mind that has him hoping the G.O.P picks up 2010 seats...

Allan Bartlett
01-31-2009, 12:18 PM
My opinion on Michael Steele is let's give the guy a chance. We know what he said after the South Carolina debate about Ron, but I still wanna give the guy a chance to reach out to all of us. He's now the Chairman of the party. If he truly wants to help bring a lot of the disaffected Republicans and independents back to the party, he will work with our liberty minded activists.

FrankRep
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Chairman Michael Steele's Acceptance Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMFVYRVVRg

mczerone
01-31-2009, 12:49 PM
When watching Steele I get the feeling that he would love to have our support, and know how to energize the youth, but he can't bring himself to question his policies. He wants to know what he can get the government to do to win us over - he doesn't understand that we want the government to do nothing to win anybody over. The Constitution lays it out: the government exists to protect the rights of the people, not to make people happy and bring them into your flock.

If Steele drops the inanity of partisan bickering and statist doling, and starts promoting the aspects of the GOP that want to strip the government's power to have a deficit, control a standing and active military, and limit personal choices, then I will consider supporting more GOP members. Right now, I can only support one GOP representative. If the rest of the party starts looking at what attracted people to Rep. Paul, they will see that it wasn't any ploy, nor misdirection, nor promises of handouts - it was a commitment to restoring Liberty.

Mr. Steele, as the GOP chairman, please pick up the reading list that Rep. Paul submitted to neo-con poster boy Giuliani (who still, despite not even having any political value, gets 10 second spots on CNN-Radio to play "controlled opposition" to the new majority), and then we'll see if I can stomach promoting the GOP as an entity.

DjLoTi
01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I didn't vote, but after the blatant pandering the GOP did by selecting sarah palin, it's hard for me to take seriously anything the GOP does.

angelatc
01-31-2009, 01:12 PM
I say give him a chance. I liked his comments at the chairman debate. And notice, at the First in the South, he said "For me." So, he at least had enough humility to qualify his negativity.

The RLC endorsed him during his run for the Maryland seat.

Like it or not, if we want to win any elections we need to not only rebuild bridges, but cross over a few also.

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
i doubt i will be a republican for very long. the gop has become the definition of INSANITY!!!

not one person running can reverse the gop corruption,since they are the corruption!!

GOP, non-inclusive party!

As Steele would say and i will . the gop campaign is dead over,done,finished.

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 01:31 PM

Like it or not, if we want to win any elections we need to not only rebuild bridges, but cross over a few also.

rebuild what bridges?? the former gop leadership and the current gop leadership ,blew them all up and continued to blow them up while we tried to build them!! trusting the gop is like trusting the nazi's.

we are 8-20 yrs away from changing the gop. they just elected the very same leadership that we wanted ousted from the party.

DREAM AWAY, Welcome to the TWILGHT ZONE.

I will continue to fight for Liberty,but there is no such term to describe that word in the gop!

if you guys think Steele will save this party. Then your living in a fantasy world.

THE GOP= MORE OF THE SAME

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 01:36 PM
I didn't vote, but after the blatant pandering the GOP did by selecting sarah palin, it's hard for me to take seriously anything the GOP does.

more of the same;) have to steal the obama line now and apply to the gop!!!

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
When watching Steele I get the feeling that he would love to have our support, and know how to energize the youth, but he can't bring himself to question his policies. He wants to know what he can get the government to do to win us over - he doesn't understand that we want the government to do nothing to win anybody over. The Constitution lays it out: the government exists to protect the rights of the people, not to make people happy and bring them into your flock.

If Steele drops the inanity of partisan bickering and statist doling, and starts promoting the aspects of the GOP that want to strip the government's power to have a deficit, control a standing and active military, and limit personal choices, then I will consider supporting more GOP members. Right now, I can only support one GOP representative. If the rest of the party starts looking at what attracted people to Rep. Paul, they will see that it wasn't any ploy, nor misdirection, nor promises of handouts - it was a commitment to restoring Liberty.

Mr. Steele, as the GOP chairman, please pick up the reading list that Rep. Paul submitted to neo-con poster boy Giuliani (who still, despite not even having any political value, gets 10 second spots on CNN-Radio to play "controlled opposition" to the new majority), and then we'll see if I can stomach promoting the GOP as an entity.

puking already, there is no stomach for corrupt leaders! not one of the rnc chair candidates were worth a dam .they were all the same ole same ole!!!

trying to suck up to these corrupt leaders for change is like sucking up to hitler/bush or anyother dictator!!!

can someone please put a video together of this corrupt liar called steele!!!!! or have the sheep already forgotten what this corrupt a-hole is!!

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 01:48 PM
My opinion on Michael Steele is let's give the guy a chance. We know what he said after the South Carolina debate about Ron, but I still wanna give the guy a chance to reach out to all of us. He's now the Chairman of the party. If he truly wants to help bring a lot of the disaffected Republicans and independents back to the party, he will work with our liberty minded activists.

delusional!!! sorry if you think he will bring back republicans and indys you will be sadly mistaken!!

After being a republican for the last few yrs. i think i need an ENEMA to remove the fowl stinch of the gop from my bowels!! i think i need to visit the clinic to ,so they can test me for the new strain of gop!! a deadly disease known to cause ALIENATION similar to leprosy

Lucille
01-31-2009, 02:21 PM

Yup.

Steele will do fine. He has a high media profile and is very well-spoken. No one even knew who the hell Duncan was.

Here's Steele's "Blueprint (http://www.steeleforchairman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=124)" (7 chapters).

Here he is addressing House Republicans today (http://www.gop.com/news/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=cfa94494-f219-41e9-a7b7-738c649c7515) thanking them for voting NAY on Barry's Big Boondoggle.

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Yup.

Steele will do fine. He has a high media profile and is very well-spoken. No one even knew who the hell Duncan was.

Here's Steele's "Blueprint (http://www.steeleforchairman.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=124)" (7 chapters).

Here he is addressing House Republicans today (http://www.gop.com/news/NewsRead.aspx?Guid=cfa94494-f219-41e9-a7b7-738c649c7515) thanking them for voting NAY on Barry's Big Boondoggle.

steele is the dirty slime on top of the scum of the gop. the only motivation steele gives me is to remove the r next to my name!!!

RNC CHAIR=FAILED the best option for RNC CHAIR was NONE OF THE ABOVE!!

we are at least 8-12 yrs away from changing gop leadership,until we change the corrupt leadership. then all the rest is just tmz.com
it is very possible the gop could become the next whig party, ancient history!!!

Lucille
01-31-2009, 02:42 PM
I already know how you feel, sb. You are one pissed-off RPR!

The Dems will hang themselves with their own damn rope.

Obama is the new Jimmy Carter, and after the D Congress shoves their crap sammich and another 2 trillion banker bailout down our throats before the year is even out, they will lose their majority in '10.

we are at least 8-12 yrs away from changing gop leadership,until we change the corrupt leadership. then all the rest is just tmz.com
it is very possible the gop could become the next whig party, ancient history!!!

Sounds good!!11!!!!eleventy!!!11!!! ;)

speciallyblend
01-31-2009, 03:03 PM
I already know how you feel, sb. You are one pissed-off RPR!

The Dems will hang themselves with their own damn rope.

Obama is the new Jimmy Carter, and after the D Congress shoves their crap sammich and another 2 trillion banker bailout down our throats before the year is even out, they will lose their majority in '10.

Sounds good!!11!!!!eleventy!!!11!!! ;)

where can i get my apathy pill at??? tijuana??

Peace&Freedom
01-31-2009, 07:45 PM

The reason the SC debate is relevant is that last time, when push came to shove, Steele pushed the chosen frontrunners/standard GOP line. During the next primary season, he will push the next chosen frontrunners/standard GOP line. Period, over and out. As much as I have suspicions about Mark Sanford, he would have been a better choice to be RNC Chair, as he is a bridge to both sides of the party divide (the standard liners vs. the Paul Republicans). But Steele can't even speak the liberty movement's language, let alone understand it.

Original_Intent
01-31-2009, 08:50 PM

Why would you say to friend and fow alike that you want them to be part of your party? Why would you want people opposed to your ideas to be in the party?

Complete rubbish