PDA

View Full Version : CENSORSHIP: I Hand Counted TIME's Man of Year Votes

wowabunga
01-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I've just completed hand counting the 11,450+ votes from the youtube
Time Magazine "Person of the Year" pages, deleting spam, any repetitions, as well as
a slew of healthy debates I considered duplicate postings.

The final tally comes in at 3412 votes Paul, 1879 for Obama, and 134 votes McCain.
TIME's pre-selected candidates Palin 296, Paulson 12, Sarkozy 5 and Yimou 0,
tallied a mere 313 votes total. The vote tally for the GOP's unfavorable presidential
choice was a lop-sided and telling 25 votes Paul, for every 1 vote McCain... guess we
just have to work harder.

Candidates
Paul - 3412
Obama - 1879
McCain - 134

TIME's Runners-Up List:
Henry Paulson - 12
Nicolas Sarkozy - 5
Sarah Palin - 296
Zhang Yimou - 0

TIME's People Who Mattered: Full List
Ingrid Betancourt - 0
Rod Blagojevich - 0
Gordon Brown - 0
George W. Bush - 12
Hillary Clinton - 28
Robert Downey Jr. - 1
Tina Fey - 1
Richard Fuld Jr. - 0
Robert Gates - 0
Somaly Mam - 0
John McCain - 134
Stephenie Meyer - 0
Robert Mugabe - 0
Michael Phelps - 42
Mikheil Saakashvili - 1
The Somali Pirates - 0
Dara Torres - 0
Rick Warren - 0
Asif Ali Zardari - 0

The 1000's of quotes I read over were inspiring and made me feel ever so good, so
much so, that I made a archive page of the best and funniest quotes... they will
cheer you up. There was a RP "love fest" on comment page 5 where we out
numbered all other candidates 374 votes to a mere 12 votes for the rest. I've made a
special tribute page just for that amazing page 5 effort...! The 30 best quotes are on a
special 2008 Ron Paul tribute poster that you can print out in your office and distribute
today. You can find the quotes archive and the inspired posters at this link...

http://www.arewestillfree.org

Enjoy,
Ramblin Randy

MelissaCato
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow .. I loved rereading the RP love fest. I remember that day. LOL

Good Job.

Truth Warrior
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
No surprise. The MSM is corrupt TOO.

wowabunga
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow .. I loved rereading the RP love fest. I remember that day. LOL
Good Job.

Thank you.

A win is always a win.... unless you are a media giant and prefer to censor the voice of the people. Obama supporters did win 15 of the 23 vote pages, showing us that our day to day efforts always have room for improvement. That day, on page 5 we owned the web.....!

Rangeley
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
But what has been missed in all of this is they never claimed that the comments on the page would determine who would be Time's person of the year. It isn't quite censorship to "ignore" that Ron Paul "won" the most comments, when this is irrelevent to their selection process. He definitely should have been on the list, way more then a lot of those people, but not because of posts made on a comment page.

trey4sports
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
But what has been missed in all of this is they never claimed that the comments on the page would determine who would be Time's person of the year. It isn't quite censorship to "ignore" that Ron Paul "won" the most comments, when this is irrelevent to their selection process. He definitely should have been on the list, way more then a lot of those people, but not because of posts made on a comment page.

exactly, everybodys blaming the evil MSM for what they dont understand. Yes Ron Paul should have some consideration but the comments on the webpage/youtube count toward absolutely nothing.

runningdiz
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Why did you waster your time? They never said the comments would determine who wins

RonPaulFanInGA
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Time was always going to pick their man Obama. I don't even get why they bothered with the obvious farce of asking the American peoples' opinions when they had their minds already well made-up.

wowabunga
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
He definitely should have been on the list, way more then a lot of those people, but not because of posts made on a comment page.

One of my favorite quotes from the comments pages that says it all....

"No matter who you pick Ron Paul is the man of the year to me.
How can a man be so right, and be so shunned?"

Laugh Hard, Hang Tough, Lend a Hand
-Ramblin Randy

wowabunga
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Why did you waster your time?

... and why bother to cross the Delaware ?
... and why bother to free the slaves ?
... or how about going to the moon ?
... or why encourage the next generation ?

I found a lot of great quotes digging around in there, and many of the best quotes made it to the poster... this one says it all...

“You can guarantee yourself that the impact of Ron Paul
will produce a future Person of the Year carrying his torch....”

amonasro
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Time was always going to pick their man Obama. I don't even get why they bothered with the obvious farce of asking the American peoples' opinions when they had their minds already well made-up.

+1

Matt Collins
02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Thanks for compiling the information