PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever get in an endless debate online with a statist who never quits?

dude58677
01-29-2009, 11:02 PM
These people spend hours debating against an obvious fact such how the Patriot Act and the Income Tax is illegal. Some of these debates go on for weeks as these people always try to get the last word in.

Knightskye
01-29-2009, 11:04 PM
These people spend hours debating against an obvious fact such how the Patriot Act and the Income Tax is illegal. Some of these debates go on for weeks as these people always try to get the last word in.

Yeah, I remember before the primaries, there were a couple occasions in the chat (pretty sure it was the RPF one) where someone just wouldn't shut up. I got good laughs from it, though.

nate895
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
They think they have won when you stop answering the same point for the fiftieth time.

Dorfsmith
01-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Yep. It took me a couple years of arguing before I decided people like that are not worth the time and effort. I did convert a couple people on the sidelines though so it was not all in vain :D

dude58677
01-29-2009, 11:10 PM
I have on US Constitution Online, Quatloos, and Ret Squid on Youtube or I almost did with him.

RSLudlum
01-29-2009, 11:17 PM
never underestimate the power of the darkside, relentless as it is ;)

"Knowledge alone is not power, but ignorance surely facilitates subjugation"
-Peter M. Blau

Kotin
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
of course lol...

Jeremy
01-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Ya they scream their head off because they can't be wrong. lol

Sometimes they spit or go red in the face

Kludge
01-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Lol @ this thread.

heavenlyboy34
01-29-2009, 11:31 PM
It happened to me when some statists on RPF tried to claim superiority over "anarchists". :rolleyes: They lost that debate, of course. ;):D

Bman
01-30-2009, 12:11 AM

Sure, but if your mad/annoyed that that person always wants the last word, it's also that you want the last word. Which means it's nothing but two gorillas thumping their chests.

dude58677
01-30-2009, 12:24 AM
sure, but if your mad/annoyed that that person always wants the last word, it's also that you want the last word. Which means it's nothing but two gorillas thumping their chests.

lol!

Elwar
01-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I had a friend during the primaries that was pro neo-con. She always sends out mass e-mails about anything and everything...usually how much she loves Jesus (while she gives up her kids to her parents so she can drink and do drugs and stay online all day with no job). One day she sent out an e-mail either pro neo-con or anti Ron Paul, I had to respond.

I went point by point through her e-mail, referencing various quotes online, etc. She came back several hours later with her own quotes that she had looked up, eventually touting Fred Thompson as a great candidate. I went point by point on why Fred Thompson sucked which she then followed up on (this went for days, I was working from home with not much work to do so I had all day), I finally pointed her to the Fred Thompson forums :) That was the beginning of the end for her. She said the people on that forum were 'crazy', I told her that they were all Fred Thompson supporters like her. She finally ended it because she probably had something to do other than search the web for counter points to my arguments while I could have kept going and going. Nobody really won the debate, it was about endurance. The only reason I kept going was because we were responding with the whole Cc: list included.

Truth Warrior
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
No, some of them are just hopeless lost causes and a sheer waste of time, space and fresh air. The "government school statist programming and brainwashing" of the "sheeple", runs very deep in some "flocks".<IMHO> :p :(

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -- Ron Paul

A. Havnes
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Too many times. Actually, recently I've been having more debates with people who seem to believe that Obama isn't a status, and then I get into an all-out Obama argument with people who can't see why it's wrong for him to randomly bomb Pakistan, and why he's still the peace candidate.

Catatonic
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Only on high traffic forums. Its important to remember that you're never going to change their mind, so the discussion is for the benefit of spectators who may be on the fence.

Xenophage
01-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Only on high traffic forums. Its important to remember that you're never going to change their mind, so the discussion is for the benefit of spectators who may be on the fence.

Yep.

Don't waste your time or get upset. Its like being mad at a retarded child for crapping his pants all the time. Just be nice and walk away, and if you get the chance, push them off a bridge in their wheelchair.

SnappleLlama
01-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Yep.

Don't waste your time or get upset. Its like being mad at a retarded child for crapping his pants all the time. Just be nice and walk away, and if you get the chance, push them off a bridge in their wheelchair.

:eek:

I LOL'd, I admit it.

danberkeley
01-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Did you ever get in an endless debate online with a statist who never quits?

Yes. They are called Kade, Electronicmaji, and the guy who talked about the resource-based economy. :p

Danke
01-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Yes. They are called Kade, Electronicmaji, and the guy who talked about the resource-based economy. :p

I miss Electronicmaji...

lucius
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM

No, usually just hand them what I think is maybe hot-button video for that particular individual and remark that they may be ready for this later, or not...I am often surprised how some of them start becoming more receptive, but you have to first crush one cherished icon.

alaric
01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
i used to do that to the point i'd want to choke them. Now i just state my points and if i see i'm dealing with a dick, i just click on something else. I used to work at an agency where people would try to hand me endless amounts of shit and even call back if i hung up on them. Then i got the brilliant idea to open a drawer in the desk, put the receiver in it, close it and wait for the 'if you would like to make a call...'. Worked every time!:D

dude58677
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
i used to do that to the point i'd want to choke them. Now i just state my points and if i see i'm dealing with a dick, i just click on something else. I used to work at an agency where people would try to hand me endless amounts of shit and even call back if i hung up on them. Then i got the brilliant idea to open a drawer in the desk, put the receiver in it, close it and wait for the 'if you would like to make a call...'. Worked every time!:D

Jay Adkisson at who is a tax attorney at Quatloos is verbally abusive and arrogant. He also threatened me personally with imprisonment. He would also debate endlessly.

ihsv
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM

Why waste your time? They're not going to change, and they'll keep you tied up for weeks when you could be doing something more constructive. Tell the truth, establish your arguments, and then move on.