PDA

View Full Version : Flag/Constitution In Every Classroom

raystone
01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Arizonians ! ?

Tell me, has requiring the flag and U.S. Constitution in every public classroom in Arizona since '07 had any noticeable affect on liberty levels in Arizona ?

heavenlyboy34
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Arizonians ! ?

Tell me, has requiring the flag and U.S. Constitution in every public classroom in Arizona since '07 had any noticeable affect on liberty levels in Arizona ?

Nope! (speaking as a Phoenix, AZ resident) I've never noticed the constitution in a PROMINENT place-nor have I seen anyone reading it. Some classrooms don't have enough room, and just put the flag in a frame and hang it on the front wall. It's been soooo helpful for civil liberties and "patriotism". :rolleyes: (EPIC FAIL)

raystone
01-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Nope! (speaking as a Phoenix, AZ resident) I've never noticed the constitution in a PROMINENT place-nor have I seen anyone reading it. Some classrooms don't have enough room, and just put the flag in a frame and hang it on the front wall. It's been soooo helpful for civil liberties and "patriotism". :rolleyes: (EPIC FAIL)

The classroom flag and constitution caused at least one college student to pull out a copy of the constitution and read it.

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=c1c205c8-04da-4860-a56e-be090e8fa41c

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
The classroom flag and constitution caused at least one college student to pull out a copy of the constitution and read it.

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/home/index.cfm?event=displayArticle&ustory_id=c1c205c8-04da-4860-a56e-be090e8fa41c

I've never seen anyone else stop to read them with my own eyes. If some people do it, I can't vouch for it. :(

muzzled dogg
01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
there is no reason that the us flag should be in those public classrooms anyways

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2009, 04:27 PM
there is no reason that the us flag should be in those public classrooms anyways

But the kiddies gotta say the pledge! They need a flag! :rolleyes:;)

AZ Libertarian
02-22-2009, 11:59 AM
I provided my Granddaughter's teacher with a copy of the Constitution/Declaration of Independence for every student for Bill of Rights Day, and I KNOW they read them!