PDA

View Full Version : The show "24" has been based around the concept of blowback

dude58677
01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
The term "blowback" isn't mentioned directly but terrorists are attacking the United States because of American Foreign Policy and most of the Presidential advisors suggest withdrawing troops for that very reason.

heath.whiteaker
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I noticed that too.

jkr
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
this show scares me more than terrrists

constitutional
01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I've been recently watching 24 from season 1 (currently on season 4) and pretty much most terrorists are motivated because of what United States is doing around the world. What are the writers of the show trying to do?

coastie
01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
To the astute viewer, you'll see the propaganda undertones( i.e. what we do to "terrorists" doesnt matter, such as torture, etc...).:mad:

I'm still addicted though, have every season and will more than likely aquire this one when its released.:D:D;):p

A. Havnes
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I've never even heard of the show!

BlackTerrel
01-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I've been recently watching 24 from season 1 (currently on season 4) and pretty much most terrorists are motivated because of what United States is doing around the world. What are the writers of the show trying to do?

This is what most celebrities in Hollywood believe. It's really not that much of a shocker.

lucius
01-29-2009, 09:10 PM
this show scares me more than terrrists

It should--psyops big time.

heath.whiteaker
01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
this is easily one of the best shows on TV

puppetmaster
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
this is easily one of the best shows on TV

Which still doesn't say much;)

Jeremy
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
And the US government is corrupted so Bauer and his team are working outside of it.

The first few episodes of this season you'd be like "wow this is statist"... but it got better =)

Ninja Homer
01-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I haven't watched it since the beginning of the 3rd season. It seemed to be turning into anti-terrorist propaganda, as in, "this is what the big bad terrorists will do to us if we don't wage war on them and kill them all." Has it gotten any better?

Jeremy
01-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Well the president just decided she wanted to invade a country... didn't even ask Congress lol

show made an unlikely occurrence that can apparently only be solved with US intervention

but the good thing about it is that the terrorists are paid by people in the US government :p

nate895
01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
The show is so interventionist that it is suggesting that any politician opposing intervention is on a foreign payroll, and it is up to the torturer Jack Bauer to stop the evil, infiltrated government and get it back on the right track so that they can invade fictional Sengala.

Hiki
01-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Yeah I've noticed the "blowback" in it too. I just felt great when those planes flew into each other while the president was watching, "take that bitch!" :D

Great season so far.

Malakai
01-30-2009, 06:16 AM
A lot of people see 24 as some endorsement of the actions Bauer does, or endorsement of US foreign policy.

I have watched every ep from season 1 on and believe quite the opposite. In the show they usually acknowledge that the terrorists had real reason to hate the US, and Jack hints often that he believes attacks are a result of policy and specifically politicians.

Yeah I'm a 24 fan. Good entertainment, while not being all "yes big gov is great" or filled with propaganda like that FBI show Missing Persons is. It's not exactly unrealistic to depict a president who is fine with making unilateral interventions overseas lol.

itshappening
01-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Check out the trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDVKLXX8d0

"your government is about to pay a very steep price for interfering in our affairs"

you can watch the whole thing online for free:

http://www.fox.com/24

MRoCkEd
01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Yeah. The president is torn between saving Sangalan lives by invading Sangala to stop a ruthless dictator and saving American lives by "appeasing" the terrorist who wants her to withdraw. I keep trying to tell the bitch that her job is to protect AMERICAN LIVES and so do members of her cabinet, but the stubborn bitch won't withdraw.