PDA

View Full Version : Is this the beginning of return to accountability - Blago voted out

lynnf
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
and voted out unanimously!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28894427?gt1-43001

"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted at his impeachment trial and thrown out of office Thursday, ending a nearly two-month crisis that erupted with his arrest on charges he tried to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Blagojevich becomes the first U.S. governor in more than 20 years to be removed by impeachment."

================================================== ====================================

Clinton got off with little more than a proverbial "black eye" - impeached but not thrown out.

GW was immune from impeachment courtesy of the Democrats and remains unscathed at present (although UN warcrimes are looming)

let's hope for more like this for those that are deserving

lynn

MRoCkEd
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
1 down...

lynnf
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_on_re_us/illinois_governor_voter_voices

"From Chicago's famous Billy Goat Tavern to southern Illinois farm country, many residents said they were weary after weeks of watching the state become a laughingstock.

"I'm in the camp that says, 'Finally.' I'm glad we're moving forward," said Richard Borgsmiller from his farm near Murphysboro."

lynn

qh4dotcom
01-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't forget that most of the corrupt members of Congress got re-elected....the sheeple needs to learn the hard way.

Sandra
01-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Bank of America won again.

Original_Intent
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
He got thrown out because he pissed off someone higher up the food chain.

No other reason - take it as a victory if you like.

Kludge
01-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Maybe he'll become the next Frank Luntz.

Bman
01-29-2009, 10:44 PM
and voted out unanimously!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28894427?gt1-43001

"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Gov. Rod Blagojevich was convicted at his impeachment trial and thrown out of office Thursday, ending a nearly two-month crisis that erupted with his arrest on charges he tried to sell Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat.

Blagojevich becomes the first U.S. governor in more than 20 years to be removed by impeachment."

================================================== ====================================

Clinton got off with little more than a proverbial "black eye" - impeached but not thrown out.

GW was immune from impeachment courtesy of the Democrats and remains unscathed at present (although UN warcrimes are looming)

let's hope for more like this for those that are deserving

lynn

You should have made this a poll.

As of yet I vote NO!

steve005
01-29-2009, 11:07 PM
when media attacks like pit bulls I know something is up, they are all currupt for even going along with the impeachment

idiom
01-30-2009, 12:26 AM
"We will not tolerate officials who get caught. It is just unproffesional and embarasses everyone."

lynnf
01-30-2009, 05:31 AM
You should have made this a poll.

As of yet I vote NO!

you are certainly invited to make your own thread with a poll if you desire.

the only poll I'm interested in on this was taken yesterday, the result was 59 - 0.

lynn

kathy88
01-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Is this the beginning? Hell no. This guy was just SUCH a dick in the media and so unlikeable and sleezy they had to get him out of there. No one besides those resideing in his state knwew how smarmy he was, then he hit the airwaves and everone saw him for the major tool he is. Love to see him in prison. I just want to mess up his hair. LOL.

Malakai
01-30-2009, 06:13 AM
I listened to a few of the state sens who voted him outs' self centered speeches, and you can tell they are all as dirty as he was.

"We will not tolerate officials who get caught. It is just unprofessional and embarrasses everyone."

Exactly

amonasro
01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
I listened to a few of the state sens who voted him outs' self centered speeches, and you can tell they are all as dirty as he was.

"We will not tolerate officials who get caught. It is just unprofessional and embarrasses everyone."

Exactly

Of course you can imagine that half of the politicians in Illinois are corrupt. You hear about Federal investigations all the time. Blago just got caught by being an idiot about it, that's all. He was broke and probably desperate.

Truth Warrior
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Just about 649 more and I MAY start to think about a return to accounability. :rolleyes:

heavenlyboy34
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Just about 649 more and I MAY start to think about a return to accounability. :rolleyes:

+1