PDA

View Full Version : Now running for Congress...

John of Des Moines
09-13-2007, 06:13 AM
The Ron Paul Revolution is making some of us run for Congress:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/27915.html

Dr. Schell is the meetup organizer of the Ft. Madison/Keokuk Iowa group (#357).

He's a retired Business professor and a good guy.

Send him your best wishes. poppop_schell@hotmail.com

specsaregood
09-13-2007, 07:38 AM
The Ron Paul Revolution is making some of us run for Congress:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/27915.html

Dr. Schell is the meetup organizer of the Ft. Madison/Keokuk Iowa group (#357).

He's a retired Business professor and a good guy.

Send him your best wishes. poppop_schell@hotmail.com

awesome bump.

Spirit of '76
09-13-2007, 07:39 AM

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-13-2007, 07:51 AM
THIS IS NOT GOOD! While this guy has the right ideas, his political strategy is bullshit and has the potential to seriously damage Dr. Paul's chances in North Carolina, and possibly cost us 3 delegates in Minnesota.

I have already had a "spirited" e-mail conversation with Dr. Schell.

He's running as a DEMOCRAT in the same year Dr. Paul is running as a REPUBLICAN. He seems to completely misunderstand that people can only vote in ONE primary. He also completely misunderstands that the 12th Congressional District in North Carolina is a gerrymandered district, probably the most gerrymandered district in the entire country; drawn specifically to put a minority in Congress. The man has NO CHANCE without Ron Paul voters voting for him in a primary against Mel Watt, the only congressman the 12th as ever known.

I fail to understand how he can justify running as a Democrat and be a Ron Paul supporter at the same time. He could conceivably take away 7,000 Ron Paul votes away in North Carolina. He can also possibly take those people who would be Republicans who could go to convention and vote for Ron Paul delegates to State and National.

As someone who is trying to organize Mecklenburg County's changes to the GOP, and with the 12th District in parts of Mecklenburg County--THIS FUCKING PISSES ME OFF, NOT TO MENTION THE MAJORITY OF OUR MEETUP. This guy could seriously damage the inroads we've made within the GOP locally.

The worst part about this is, he could probably win a Republican primary in the 12th and run against Watt in the general. Again, he probably couldn't win, BUT, he would have an additional summer to talk about his views. AND, if Dr. Paul were to win the GOP nomination, he can easily piggyback on the national campaign.

Right now he is doing more damage than good.:mad:

Tell this guy he is a (edited) moron, and if he truly wants to help Dr. Paul and the REVOLUTION, join the GOP and run there -- DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HIM AND RON PAUL! Thats what he's doing to the voters in North Carolina's 12th District.

If this doofus will not relent, I may consider throwing my name in the running for the REPUBLICAN nomination in that district -- and I really can't, with a pregnant wife, a 40+ hour a week job, and every other hour trying to telp Ron Paul. But this is some serious shit, and Doug Schell doesn't seem to realize that.

constituent
09-13-2007, 07:53 AM
OK some agree some disagree...

where is the link to the facts so that people can
make up their own minds about this situation...

before this turns into a 2 week melodrama.

LibertyBelle
09-13-2007, 08:26 AM
THIS IS NOT GOOD! While this guy has the right ideas, his political strategy is bullshit and has the potential to seriously damage Dr. Paul's chances in North Carolina, and possibly cost us 3 delegates in Minnesota.

I have already had a "spirited" e-mail conversation with Dr. Schell.

He's running as a DEMOCRAT in the same year Dr. Paul is running as a REPUBLICAN. He seems to completely misunderstand that people can only vote in ONE primary. He also completely misunderstands that the 12th Congressional District in North Carolina is a gerrymandered district, probably the most gerrymandered district in the entire country; drawn specifically to put a minority in Congress. The man has NO CHANCE without Ron Paul voters voting for him in a primary against Mel Watt, the only congressman the 12th as ever known.

I fail to understand how he can justify running as a Democrat and be a Ron Paul supporter at the same time. He could conceivably take away 7,000 Ron Paul votes away in North Carolina. He can also possibly take those people who would be Republicans who could go to convention and vote for Ron Paul delegates to State and National.
As someone who is trying to organize Mecklenburg County's changes to the GOP, and with the 12th District in parts of Mecklenburg County--THIS FUCKING PISSES ME OFF, NOT TO MENTION THE MAJORITY OF OUR MEETUP. This guy could seriously damage the inroads we've made within the GOP locally.

The worst part about this is, he could probably win a Republican primary in the 12th and run against Watt in the general. Again, he probably couldn't win, BUT, he would have an additional summer to talk about his views. AND, if Dr. Paul were to win the GOP nomination, he can easily piggyback on the national campaign.

Right now he is doing more damage than good.:mad:

Tell this guy he is a (edited) moron, and if he truly wants to help Dr. Paul and the REVOLUTION, join the GOP and run there -- DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HIM AND RON PAUL! Thats what he's doing to the voters in North Carolina's 12th District.

If this doofus will not relent, I may consider throwing my name in the running for the REPUBLICAN nomination in that district -- and I really can't, with a pregnant wife, a 40+ hour a week job, and every other hour trying to telp Ron Paul. But this is some serious shit, and Doug Schell doesn't seem to realize that.

I completely agree (I believe what you are saying is true)! Why the hell is he running as a Democrat when the goal is getting the GOP nomination??? This guy does sound like a doofus and egotistical to boot. The type that won't listen to anybody. He doesn't sound like he has much common sense. What happened with the Minn delegates?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-13-2007, 08:36 AM
LibertyBelle,

My point was if he were to get 7,000 votes, those 7,000 votes could conceivably be Ron Paul votes. Those voters could all be Republicans. A percentage of these voters could go to precinct and district conventions, ensuring a majority of Paul delegates that would vote for a slate of Paul delegates to represent the 12th District at the National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.

LibertyBelle
09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
LibertyBelle,

My point was if he were to get 7,000 votes, those 7,000 votes could conceivably be Ron Paul votes. Those voters could all be Republicans. A percentage of these voters could go to precinct and district conventions, ensuring a majority of Paul delegates that would vote for a slate of Paul delegates to represent the 12th District at the National Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Yes, exactly. Why exactly is he running as a Dem? Did he tell you? That would be interesting. And exactly what types of things is he telling his meetup group? I wonder.

LibertyBelle
09-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm a little confused now that I look back. He is a meetup organizer in IA, but running in NC??? Does this guy have a twin?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, exactly. Why exactly is he running as a Dem? Did he tell you? That would be interesting. And exactly what types of things is he telling his meetup group? I wonder.

This nonsense started last week when he came on the NC Republican Liberty Caucus e-mail group announcing he was running. You had to go to his website to discover he was running as a Democrat. Several members questioned his motives for running as a Dem.

His response was basically, you have to hit them where they live--similar to our ideas of taking over the GOP--and win their primary. He also is calling himself a Blue Dog/Jeffersonian/Jacksonian Democrat and thinks Democrats would be receptive to that kind of a message coming from a Democrat candidate. While that may be true in NC-8, Robin Hayes (R) barely won in '06-majority Dem district, most Dems are Reagan Dems who just want their textile jobs back, and in NC-11, mountain district where Heath Shuler (D) campaigned as a conservative, it is NOT true in NC-12.

NC-12 is a minority majority district, snaking up I-85 from Charlotte to Greensboro. The Democrats in NC-12 are NOT Blue Dog/Jeffersonian/Jacksonian Dems, they are MEL WATT Democrats. The few conservatives in that district are Republicans.

I hit him with these facts, and he responded like a spoiled child, saying he was surprised and shocked that the NC RLC wouldn't support him and wish him luck. He also rambled on about something about his Mormon faith driving him to do this. He also called me a partisan party hack. He doesn't seem to understand that his mere presence on the Democrat side hurts Ron Paul.

He's literally all over the map. He's a meetup organizer in Iowa. His mailing address on his e-mails is Nauvoo, Illinois, and he's running in North Carolina. He also ran for Governor of North Carolina in 2000 on the Reform ticket. I don't know what he's telling his meetup group. He's never answered to *our* charges of hurting Ron Paul, other that saying this Revolution needs to be fought everywhere...(while I agree, we aren't big enough or strong enough to fight on two fronts, let's win one battle before waging an even more impossible one.) He seems to completely disregard the groundwork that some of us have already done here in NC. The last thing we need is for him to start campaigning and telling people to register Democrat to vote for him, after stressing to the meetup just how important it is to register Republican for all the reasons I've stated in prior posts.