PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck = Libertarian Central

SimpleName
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Judge Napolitano is on now and he isn't speaking about some court case. Instead he is downtalking government. YAY! He does a great job of it. I dying to read a book of his. Anyway, he is also supposed to have Penn Jillette on later, he had Ron Paul on the other day, and also John Stossel. It is becoming an actual intellectual experience watching Beck's show. No one whining about atheism and premarital sex. And now a huge money supply chart, endorsement of gold standard and... the "Al Gore Machine". LOL! Beck is doing great. Just some cheerfulness for today.

ItsTime
01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
I want the hockey stick on youtube. he explains it pretty good. i hope someone got that

zach
01-29-2009, 04:18 PM
hmm. Still not sure what to think of him yet. I'll remain positive though.

MRoCkEd
01-29-2009, 04:47 PM
No one whining about atheism and premarital sex.
There was a bit of that a few episodes ago. Still, he's great when it comes to economics.

haaaylee
01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
are there youtubes of these shows?

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah that was on in the background today at work in the studio and he had the Judge followed by Penn Jillet (teller). Dave Ramsey on the radio today said he was a libertarian, and a staunch local neocon radio show said he should've voted for Ron.

I was thinking to myself "what the hell is going on.....is today libertarian day or something?!?!?

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking the RP campaign really brought libertarianism to the forefront of the political lexicon. Consequently we are starting to see more of these ideas become mainstream.

THAT'S AWESOME!

mconder
01-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Ya...I watched that show and he made statements about the crazy conspiracy people that believe in the NAU and the Global government, so I wouldn't get all excited yet. One of his guests said he was glad Glenn was talking about Mexico, because the U.S. may need to help stabilize the government there. He has had Michele Malkin who wrote the book "The Case for Internment" twice in the first week of his show. He also had Arthur Laffer on...you know, the guy that was laughing at Peter Schiff a few years back. It was funny, because now Laffer is talking about the crimes of the Government in printing money, etc. It's crazy to see the very guy that was laughing at this stuff a couple years ago saying the same thing now that Peter Schiff was then. Crazy!

MRoCkEd
01-29-2009, 06:17 PM
I want the hockey stick on youtube. he explains it pretty good. i hope someone got that
You mean "An Inconvenient Debt"
http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/ has it and here's the youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORwNuC3Ijk

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 06:34 PM
This thread also discusses this too:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177447

Eric21ND
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Ya...I watched that show and he made statements about the crazy conspiracy people that believe in the NAU and the Global government, so I wouldn't get all excited yet. One of his guests said he was glad Glenn was talking about Mexico, because the U.S. may need to help stabilize the government there. He has had Michele Malkin who wrote the book "The Case for Internment" twice in the first week of his show. He also had Arthur Laffer on...you know, the guy that was laughing at Peter Schiff a few years back. It was funny, because now Laffer is talking about the crimes of the Government in printing money, etc. It's crazy to see the very guy that was laughing at this stuff a couple years ago saying the same thing now that Peter Schiff was then. Crazy!

No crap, if I was Art Laffer I'd be hiding in a cave right now, what the hell is he doing getting ANY media play?? What a moron.

Conza88
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
This is what you will see in the media now.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088

I called it. :rolleyes:

sparebulb
01-29-2009, 09:41 PM
It is my opinion that Bleckt is just wearing the skin of a libertarian to gain market share and to attempt to get an edge in the ratings market. He is stepin' and fetchin' for Rupert Murdoch and is doing what the massa says. He is not to be trusted. Look how he treated RP when his back was turned. This guy has neocon DNA all over him.

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 09:49 PM
It is my opinion that Bleckt is just wearing the skin of a libertarian to gain market share and to attempt to get an edge in the ratings market. That is a good sign because it means they are starting to recognize how dedicated and large the "libertarian" crowd is. Any PR is good PR.

smithtg
01-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Judge Napolitano is on now and he isn't speaking about some court case. Instead he is downtalking government. YAY! He does a great job of it. I dying to read a book of his. Anyway, he is also supposed to have Penn Jillette on later, he had Ron Paul on the other day, and also John Stossel. It is becoming an actual intellectual experience watching Beck's show. No one whining about atheism and premarital sex. And now a huge money supply chart, endorsement of gold standard and... the "Al Gore Machine". LOL! Beck is doing great. Just some cheerfulness for today.

The Al Gore machine was over the top funny lol. Penn Gillette - crazy cool

We can do with a little less Ann Coulter though

In reality, I wonder how many people actually watch him and those that do probably think he is nuts because they are too busy worshiping those in DC

sparebulb
01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
That is a good sign because it means they are starting to recognize how dedicated and large the "libertarian" crowd is. Any PR is good PR.

That is one way to look at it and I hope that you are correct. However, be ever vigilant for false profits and usurpers. Bleckt despises RP and his followers and has just taken a job for the most evil globalist neocon on the planet.

Conza88
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
That is a good sign because it means they are starting to recognize how dedicated and large the "libertarian" crowd is. Any PR is good PR.

Completely delusional, with no concept of reality.

Of course it is good PR for Ron Paul - NO-ONE is saying otherwise.

What I'm saying is, you're a basket case if you believe it will some how be able to convince all those who watch the program, through years of mindless media bullshit, Keynesian propaganda.... that with a few minutes of Ron Paul, all will change.

And your contention is that, the viewer, won't watch or be persuaded by ANY OTHER IDEOLOGY. Which is completely idiotic.

They are highlighting rational Economics more so now. But it is for a reason. Generate perceived opposition.

If it ever gets out of control, bet your ass, it all comes back into the fold.

Matt Collins
01-29-2009, 11:42 PM
What I'm saying is, you're a basket case if you believe it will some how be able to convince all those who watch the program, through years of mindless media bullshit, Keynesian propaganda.... that with a few minutes of Ron Paul, all will change.I have a minor in marketing. It's all about frequency, not necessarily duration.

Conza88
01-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I have a minor in marketing. It's all about frequency, not necessarily duration.

I've also done marketing. And at this point in time, frequency doesn't matter one bit.

They are pushing real economics, right now... (few minutes a day: :rolleyes:) WHEN IT DOESN'T MATTER.

The election is over. Just before there is another election, they'll bring out the SAME old bs we saw when Ron Paul ran.

What the media does is ALWAYS in their self interest. And it's who OWNS THE MEDIA, that sets the agenda.

Case and point. All this will be forgotten and DOWN the memory hole, if they wanted to do so. Atm, they want the perception of opposition - and telling people to watch Fox News etc, cus they're the "TRUTH" is the absolutely wrong way to go about it.

Said it before; the way to approach it is; "Ohh fox news managed to get soemthing right for once... look at this: "Glen becks hockstick gag" - Then lead into this is what Ron Paul has been saying for AGES.

Thus; Austrian Economics... here, go check out Lewrockwell.com and Mises.org! They are Austrian Economics ALL THE TIME. If you don't like the bailouts, check these guys out. Truth 24/7. :D

;)

LiQuIdFoRcE
01-30-2009, 12:17 AM
In reality, I wonder how many people actually watch him and those that do probably think he is nuts because they are too busy worshiping those in DC

Ratings for NIGHT OF 1/28/09:

FOXNEWS OREILLY 3,891,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,034,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,306,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,299,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,155,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,581,000
CNN COOPER 1,559,000
CNN KING 1,420,000
CNN BLITZER 1,490,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,435,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,398,000

Young Paleocon
01-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Beck may be trying to gain the libertarian crowd to boost his ratings and have his own niche. I'm not sure I'm gonna go down the road that he's a Murdoch puppet blah blah conspiracy because he's basically doing the same thing he did on CNN Headline. Plus, if this is in fact a facade it's not only his television show but also his radio show which is basically Beck talking for 2-3 hours about how we need to drop a bomb on the Federal Reserve.

Bman
01-30-2009, 01:12 AM
hmm. Still not sure what to think of him yet. I'll remain positive though.

He's got some really good qualities. But, he still hasn't gotten the fact that we can't be all over the world with our military.

emazur
01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
You mean "An Inconvenient Debt"
http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/ has it and here's the youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORwNuC3Ijk

Let's digg it:
http://digg.com/world_news/Glenn_Beck_Inconvenient_Debt_2#

Kotin
01-30-2009, 01:54 AM
I am very proud of Glenn Beck.

he has come a long way.

youngbuck
01-30-2009, 04:59 AM
Beck has left such a bitter taste in my mouth that it'll take a long time for it to disappear. I'll remain optimistic, but this might just be another phase of his.

smithtg
01-30-2009, 07:00 AM
He's got some really good qualities. But, he still hasn't gotten the fact that we can't be all over the world with our military.

he still less of a warmonger than Hannity

Matt Collins
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I've also done marketing. And at this point in time, frequency doesn't matter one bit.You are incorrect. Anyone who does advertising professionally, as I do, can tell you that frequency is critical (unless you are talking about SuperBowl ads).

Just before there is another election, they'll bring out the SAME old bs we saw when Ron Paul ran.Very likely. I've heard Huckabee and Romeny's name thrown out there a lot lately. But if we can educate people between now and then, swell our ranks, then less will be as likely to buy into their bs.

Said it before; the way to approach it is; "Ohh fox news managed to get soemthing right for once... look at this: "Glen becks hockstick gag" - Then lead into this is what Ron Paul has been saying for AGES.

Thus; Austrian Economics... here, go check out Lewrockwell.com and Mises.org! They are Austrian Economics ALL THE TIME. If you don't like the bailouts, check these guys out. Truth 24/7. :D
Absolutely right!

JeNNiF00F00
01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
The Al Gore machine was over the top funny lol. Penn Gillette - crazy cool

We can do with a little less Ann Coulter though

Its a good thing imo. My parents have started watching him and think he is great and are opening their minds to what is to come. My mom the neocon is starting to ask ME questions about libertarianism and also is interested in gold standard. Glenn Beck gives what I have been telling them more assurance(they used to think I was a complete nut talking about all this NWO stuff and Ron Paul, now they are beginning to wake up).

SimpleName
01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
It is my opinion that Bleckt is just wearing the skin of a libertarian to gain market share and to attempt to get an edge in the ratings market. He is stepin' and fetchin' for Rupert Murdoch and is doing what the massa says. He is not to be trusted. Look how he treated RP when his back was turned. This guy has neocon DNA all over him.

I certainly do not trust him. I personally can't stand his rants about religion and all the social issues that go with it. He is libertarian only in the economic realm and therefore simply a "decent" conservative. His social policy suggestions are horrendous. I fear his hate for gays/atheists (me being the latter), his rejection of possible world government, his ridiculous accusation of mixed martial arts as an "abomination", his semi-interventionist foreign policies, and most of all...his STRONG support of the war on drugs. And I'm sure there are tons of other things that oppose our movement. But he is the only one even showing our side of the story. Hopefully this continues long after the recession, after the government drags it along a few more years, and he truly has realized the importance of economic policy. I stay optimistic and thought this would at least cheer us up. Perhaps I'm going into too much detail. Perhaps...

When is Schiff getting his own cable news show? If only....

Conza88
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
You are incorrect. Anyone who does advertising professionally, as I do, can tell you that frequency is critical (unless you are talking about SuperBowl ads).

You are wrong. Long term - it goes down the memory hole. The sheeple can easily be persuaded FOR things, after they have already been persuaded AGAINST things.

Hence my whole point, get them out of the matrix - show them lewrockwell.com etc.

Absolutely right!

Yes, as usual. If only the same could be said of you. ;)

Zuras
01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
I liked Beck before, but I'm highly concerned about his move to Fox news. Way too much of a neocon influence on that station, IMO. Though I still have tremendous respect for Carl Cameron. That guy is a class reporter. I was blown away that he was doing an expose on Israel's aggressive spying against the united states... on FOX? Crazy.

MRoCkEd
01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
I liked Beck before, but I'm highly concerned about his move to Fox news. Way too much of a neocon influence on that station, IMO. Though I still have tremendous respect for Carl Cameron. That guy is a class reporter. I was blown away that he was doing an expose on Israel's aggressive spying against the united states... on FOX? Crazy.
Carl? You mean "Congressman Paul, another question on electability... do you have any?"

Zuras
01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Carl? You mean "Congressman Paul, another question on electability... do you have any?"

ZzzzZZZZzz. He didn't win the GOP nomination despite a field of unelectable riff-raff. Right? Heh. Some of the RP supporters are his own worst enemies and will drive sane people away just to distance themselves from the lunatic fringe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7TYPJnfMY

Conza88
01-31-2009, 09:56 PM
ZzzzZZZZzz. He didn't win the GOP nomination despite a field of unelectable riff-raff. Right? Heh. Some of the RP supporters are his own worst enemies and will drive sane people away just to distance themselves from the lunatic fringe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7TYPJnfMY

The lunatic fringe are the fuckheads in power.

Matt Collins
05-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Bump again