PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and College campuses

d991
09-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Obviously Ron Paul has a massive student and youth following, but with his trip to USC got me wondering. Have any of the other candidates (from either side) visited college campuses yet?
Although students and young people are always brushed aside as non-voters, I think (and hope) this election year they will come out in full force to let their voices be heard. More importantly, I hope they will be talking to their parents and family members as well. One of the interesting things I've heard from the campaign is that Ron Paul gets parents who come to his office to talk to him because their children urged them to do so.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Obviously Ron Paul has a massive student and youth following, but with his trip to USC got me wondering. Have any of the other candidates (from either side) visited college campuses yet?
Although students and young people are always brushed aside as non-voters, I think (and hope) this election year they will come out in full force to let their voices be heard. More importantly, I hope they will be talking to their parents and family members as well. One of the interesting things I've heard from the campaign is that Ron Paul gets parents who come to his office to talk to him because their children urged them to do so.

Remember way back when Jennifer Reynolds was trying to get us to take action on college campuses and came up with some materials to do so? It's still stickied, I think. Do we think now, that we might actually want to start taking some action in this area now that college is back in full swing?

Just wondering...

M.Bellmore
09-13-2007, 06:45 AM
Well when I was looking around at Michigan Unis, I found out the Romney has a student rep at each one (whether they are active is another question).

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Well when I was looking around at Michigan Unis, I found out the Romney has a student rep at each one (whether they are active is another question).

Unfortunately, our campaign doesn't have the money Romney's does, so unless the students are volunteers, we're going to have to find another way. I know Jeff Frazee is the student organizer, but I'm wondering if it is wise to just hope he handles it all. No slight against Jeff at all, but it's a lot for ONE person to bite off.

Why can't some of us take advantage of some of the footwork that Jennifer Reynolds already did and visit some of the college campuses and hand out literature. Jennifer, maybe more, found out that the students were actually hanging onto the speeches they were handed vs. throwing them down, as they were doing with the Slim Jims. Or, maybe we could come up with something better for college students. Don't know. But, one thing seems sure, if we don't get active on college campuses, we are potentially throwing away a lot of Ron Paul votes.