PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Schiff: We're not Schiff for Senate | Schiff2010.com

FrankRep
01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Andrew Schiff: We're not Schiff for Senate

Baltimore Sun
January 29, 2009

Andrew Schiff, Peter's brother, says they have nothing to do with the Schiff for Senate Web site. Could be backed by Ron Paul diehards.

Let me assure you that Peter Schiff or Euro Pacific Capital has absolutely no involvement with the Schiff for Senate campaign. We haven't spoken to them, theyve never called us, we don't even know who they are. This is politics in the 21st Century.

SOURCE:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/hancock/blog/2009/01/andrew_schiff_were_not_schiff.html

Kludge
01-29-2009, 03:28 PM
"This is politics in the 21st Century."

Lol...

gls
01-29-2009, 03:34 PM
It's nothing more than a draft campaign at this point; one in its infancy at that. The first meetup was supposed to be held last night but it was canceled due to the inclement weather, so I’m sure it’ll be rescheduled for sometime early next month.

ClayTrainor
01-29-2009, 05:13 PM
should be interesting to see what happens.

Could Schiff do much good at this point as another voice in the Senate?

Captain Bryan
01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Senate is nice, but why not House? That way we could have two voices in the House instead of one voice in the House, and one in the Senate?

Knightskye
01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
"This is politics in the 21st Century."

Lol...

Yeah, people you don't know setting up a campaign website for a race you weren't thinking of running in, is "politics". :)

Senate is nice, but why not House? That way we could have two voices in the House instead of one voice in the House, and one in the Senate?

What would be the advantage there?

If Peter were in the Senate, he might be able to stop bills from being steamrolled through by the Democrats.

Spiff
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM

Oh my gosh, there are tons of reasons.

The Senate is generally considered more powerful because they serve longer terms and there's fewer of them. One in 100 is better than one in 435. Also, the Senate, along with state governorships, are historically much better stepping stones into the presidency than the house. Schiff for CT Senate in 2010, and then if he conducts himself as well in the political arena as he has in the financial and TV-financial-pundit arenas, we'll be talking Schiff for President in 2012 or 2016.

Also, he could wipe the floor with Dodd. Dodd was like a ranking member of the Senate banking committee, and kept saying Fannie and Freddie were fine. Schiff predicted the fall. Schiff could POUND POUND POUND Dodd on that over and over again in every forum.

There are also lots of interesting angles to pitch to the media to keep them interested in covering Schiff. For instance, Lieberman the black sheep (now former) Democrat is the other senator from CT, right? So there'd be a captivating story about Schiff the black sheep Republican. Just like Lieberman tipped the balance of power in the Senate, Schiff could do the same thing, as the Democrats may well be near a non-filibusterable majority after the 2010 elections.

danberkeley
01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
How much of a dumbass do you have to be to not undeerstand that Schiff is not runnign for senator?

gls
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
How much of a dumbass do you have to be to not undeerstand that Schiff is not runnign for senator?

Sorry but you're the dumbass. He had the opportunity to reject the notion outright and did not. He has expressed interest in using the political arena to advance his views and has implied that he will make his decision whether to run based on the level of support for it he sees within the grassroots.

danberkeley
01-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry but you're the dumbass. He had the opportunity to reject the notion outright and did not. He has expressed interest in using the political arena to advance his views and has implied that he will make his decision whether to run based on the level of support for it he sees within the grassroots.

So is he running at the moment or not?

gls
01-30-2009, 01:25 PM
So is he running at the moment or not?

Who said he was? Nice strawman.

danberkeley
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Who said he was? Nice strawman.

If we are going to talk about strawmans... Why am I a dumbass?

Spiff
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
If we are going to talk about strawmans... Why am I a dumbass?

In the context of this thread, it seemed as if you were calling other people here dumbasses for not realizing that Schiff isn't currently running for Senate. I think PEAC and schiff2010.com have been pretty clear that they're trying to *draft* him, to *encourage* him to run. I don't think anyone here is enough of a dumbass to think Schiff has already decided to run. However, he hasn't ruled it out, in fact his comments so far seemed like he was flattered and that he was skeptically open to the possibility.

The idea of Schiff taking on Dodd is really exciting to a lot of r3VOLutionaries, so we're going to continue to try to encourage him to run for Senate. We're not dumbasses. Perhaps we're overly optimistic or insufficiently cynical, but we're not dumbasses.

(Disclaimer: I have no relation to Peter Schiff, or PEAC, or schiff2010.com, or schiffbomb.com, and don't speak for any of them. I'm just a liberty-minded grassroots supporter who is excited by the possibility of convincing Schiff to run.)

danberkeley
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
In the context of this thread, it seemed as if you were calling other people here dumbasses for not realizing that Schiff isn't currently running for Senate. I think PEAC and schiff2010.com have been pretty clear that they're trying to *draft* him, to *encourage* him to run. I don't think anyone here is enough of a dumbass to think Schiff has already decided to run. However, he hasn't ruled it out, in fact his comments so far seemed like he was flattered and that he was skeptically open to the possibility.

The idea of Schiff taking on Dodd is really exciting to a lot of r3VOLutionaries, so we're going to continue to try to encourage him to run for Senate. We're not dumbasses. Perhaps we're overly optimistic or insufficiently cynical, but we're not dumbasses.

(Disclaimer: I have no relation to Peter Schiff, or PEAC, or schiff2010.com, or schiffbomb.com, and don't speak for any of them. I'm just a liberty-minded grassroots supporter who is excited by the possibility of convincing Schiff to run.)

So why am I a dumbass?

CEide
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM
If you build it, he will run...

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Hes says hes not opposed to the idea, he just doesnt think he could ever get elected, or have any influence.

Flash
01-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Let me assure you that Peter Schiff or Euro Pacific Capital has absolutely no involvement with the Schiff for Senate campaign. We haven't spoken to them, theyve never called us, we don't even know who they are. This is politics in the 21st Century.

Whats with Andrew's snotty attitude? Its called a draft side, for christ sakes. People had tons of them for Sarah Palin before she was chosen as Mccain's running mate.

danberkeley
01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Whats with Andrew's snotty attitude? Its called a draft side, for christ sakes. People had tons of them for Sarah Palin before she was chosen as Mccain's running mate.

What's with your snotty attitude? :p :d